Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Would buy another
By wingnutttt

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought ours in 08 with 30.000 miles on it. Wife uses it mostly in town & we use it on vacation & tow 2 mid size motorcycles behind it. We have had no problems with ours & tows our cycles nicely. Now has 62.000 miles on it & has been trouble free. Its quiet, comfortable for all day driving. Would reccomend it to anybody

Great family car
By soccermomtx53

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Buick used in 2010 from a big dealer (not Buick). Have to admit we used to joke about getting a Buick after we passed 50 and we did. This car replaced a much-love, much driven 2000 minivan that I pretty much drove til the wheels fell off. The Rendezvous was on the back of the dealer's lot and was the internet special that weekend - I had never even heard of one, but now that I own one I see a lot of them on the highways around here. This car is a pleasure to drive - I bought the extended warranty because it had 99,000 miles on it at the time of the sale but we had no reason to utilize it. This car is solid, better handling than anything I've had in the past.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable ride. Good handling. I believe they quit making the Rendezvous in 2007 - too bad - good car. Whoever owned ours before really took good car of it.

Suggested Improvements

Rear AC vents for the farthest back seats would be nice. The people in the middle seat may not feel the cold air either from the center console. Have had a problem with blind spots.

Rendevous Troubles
By Rendevous Troubles

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 05 Rendevous in April 2005 and have had continuous troubles from 3 months into the purchase. The following are issues I have had to fix: Front tire hubs x6, wiring to traction control, wiring to steering wheel, wiring to heating and air conditioning control, tire bushings, back window washer arm, rear hatch handle x2, console cover, and most recently a transmission. Some of the issues were covered under the factory warranty but most were covered by the extended warranty at $200 each repair. When you buy a new car you don't expect issues such as these. If I had to do it all over again, I would have never bought this car. I should have researched consumer reports first!

Totally disappointed
By disappointed

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've purchased this vehicle with excitement only to find out that it is high maintenance with very expensive repairs. Bearings and rear differential have to be replaced which is going to cost me $4000 thousand dollars. Rear hatch handle broke easily, snow builds up in wheel well, gas gauge has a mind of it's own, spedometer also has a mind of it's own. Too many problems with this vehicle and very very very disappointed with the many repairs having to be made.

Favorite Features

This vehicle is a nice ride, about all I have to say.

Suggested Improvements

Provide good quality parts such or warranty on rear differential as these vehicles are known to have such costly repairs. Reliable parts, quality parts. Provide user manual with vehicle.

Loved mostly
By Denise

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Before the grandchildren, this was a perfect vehicle for me, my adult children, and labs. However, now there are two infants that need to have car seats rear-facing leaving no leg room for any other seat as it requires the seat in front of it to be shoved all the way forward. In all other regards, this has been a joy of a vehicle.

Favorite Features

The handling in this northern snow is exceptional...better than any vehicle I've ever owned. As well, the ride is a very smooth and quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously it would be an improvement to have more room between seats to accomodate the rear-facing infant seats that nearly all family vehicles will have at one time or another.