Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Can Any More Go Wrong?
By Gma

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Every month is a new problem. Power windows off track. Back hatch lock no good. Side view mirrors motor broke. Front end problems. Staling just started. Key start froze up. Battery died after 3 month of owning car. I used to love my Buick. Now, dont even ask!

Favorite Features

Nice comfortable seats. Great heat on cold days!

Suggested Improvements

Make it right before you sell it!

My Favorite SUV - Rendevous
By Nancy Smith

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When SUV's became so popular I thought I would enjoy one. My husband drives a Silverado Pickup and I like to drive it. We had a Cadilac for 2 years. I test drove a buick Rendevous and my husband and I agreed it was the vehicle we wanted. We could get in and out of it so much easier than the car and it is very comfortable and fun to drive! We are 76 years old and want another Rendevous when it is time to trade!

Favorite Features

Easy entry and exit. Handles and drives like a dream! Can turn around on a dime! Easy access to cargo area. Third seat is easy to set up.

Suggested Improvements

Back window has a high spot in the middle which hinders vision. Console area on floor board is not accessible for most women's purses!

My Rendezvous
By Rolland Belcher

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drive the intersates from Nebraska to Texas twice a year and back. I have had nothing but the best experience dirving the 2004 Rendezvous.

Favorite Features

The ease getting in and out of the car, and the back door lets you have all the room you need.

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower. I would have liked a larger engine like that old bullet proof 3.8 that GM used for so many years.

Very nice vehicle
By Dr Rodd

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am eighty years old and this is a very nice car for me. Wife and I have been to Florida and we enjoyed the trip with our Buick. I have not noticed a power problem with the engine and I can average 28mpg on the highway. I tend to believe the third seat is a bit useless as the leg room is cramped but we have never used this seat and probably never will. I have the second row seats down most of the time as the headrests create a major blind spot problem and I am 6ft. 2in. My wife has much more of a problem than I. I intend to keep this SUV (probably) for the remainder of my life. We have only 17000 miles on the car and 21000 on our 2002 LeSabre limited which is a super car also.

Favorite Features

Excellent room. Good power and economy for an suv. Heated seats are a pleasure. Entering and exiting are a very big plus at my age. The car handles like our LeSabre and is one of the very top all around cars we have ever owned. Big mirrors are super.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer the third row seat with a bit more leg room. Remove the blind spots by redesigning the head cushions. This car was a bargain as it stands.

Disappointed
By Rivi

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I got this car as a lease. She drives it mostly. We had to get out of the lease early. We traded her in for a Toyota and don't look back at the Buick anymore. We noticed as time went on, she seems to loose power. She no longer feels strong anymore. I don't think that 245 horses is strong enough for the weight of this vehicle. She handles the bumps terribly, feels like she's gonna break apart on me. Gas guage is on the frits and the dealer can't find anything wrong with her. One day, we have gas and the next, we don't. Her turn radius is lousy. It's a shame, becuase we love all the toys that the Ultra comes with.

Favorite Features

All the bells and whistles that come with the Ultra

Suggested Improvements

Make it more reliable, stronger, quieter.