2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Rendezvous Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Sort Reviews by

Great family vehicle
By BethDale

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has a lot of interior room. I enjoy the rear cargo area because I can fit a full size stroller in it and still have room for shopping bags or soccer equipment. I love the way that it drives and it is great in the rain. The only downfall that I have experienced is that it is hard to wash the roof for shorter people like myself. Overall, I think this is the best car I have ever owned!

Favorite Features

Rear cargo space and the comfort of the seats. The locking, deep console that is big enough to lock important items in it when I go to an amusement park or event that I do not want to carry anything.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement that I would make is to provide a optional third seat for extra passenger space, maybe it could face backwards.

Excellence!
By jeter-jemmott

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with this vechile has been wonderful! It is well put together,it rides, feels and performs well above many others.I find it to be roomy, comfortable and extremely fun to drive. It handles like a car.

Favorite Features

Quality , fun to drive easy to handle very similar to a car.Looks good.I look cute driving,(smile)

Suggested Improvements

console, it is difficult to access, driver and or passanger have a hard time opening. CDs it would be nice if there was a space to hold one CD case outside of console, and it not fall onto the floor.The storage space in the front is not large enough to accomadate the average woman's

Great SUV
By Mickey Frosty

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Had it only for 2 weeks but loving it so far. Luxuries are plentiful - ON Star is good though it is picky on foreign accents.

Favorite Features

Personal set up depending on the driver is super. Storage space, the capuchino color is attractive, sunroof, heated seats, radio/CD good to have. 3rd seat is a PLUS. Mirrors are huge!!

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration needs improvement - our Grand Voyager did a better job.

My favorite car
By Robben

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Buick and I absolutely love it! The options on the ultra are the best. I'll never get lost again with the navigation system and my daughter loves the dvd player. It's very quiet and not that bad on gas considering it's awd. Very comfy too! I would highly recommend this vehicle -

Favorite Features

Navigation system, xm radio, dvd player and onboard inflation system for flats

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders need to fit more snugly into compartments - my drink pulls them out with it.

I LOVE MY RENDEZVOUS!!!
By Gail Nattkemper

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've never owned a vehicle I liked better than my Rendezvous. We also own a Lincoln Towncar and a Toyota Prius and for long trips we take the Rendezvous because of the comfort. It handles well and I love having 3 rows of seats for family outings. It also holds tons of stuff when the last two rows are down. My next vehicle will be another Rendezvous

Favorite Features

OnStar, comfortable seats, 3 rows of seats, ease of handling

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more powerful engine

COMFORT FOR SENIORS
By Twila D

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In july. 2000, i had a total knee replacement. I found it difficult to enter &/or exit most vehicles; including my Buick Le Sabre. Riding with my daughter, in her Pontiac Aztec, made me realize that stepping up; with a "grab handle"; then "sliding out & down", with a handle, was SO much easier on my knee. I would recommend the Rendezvous for anyone who has had joint replacement! The trunk is easy to access; with its' big door that opens way up, & makes it easy to carry things.

Favorite Features

grab handles, for getting in.

Suggested Improvements

It is a bit hard to reach things that fall on the floor of the passengers side,(when you're in the drivers' seat.

Nice Ride
By Del Dobbs

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice to drive. Great for family under four...or adults who would like to take friends shopping

Favorite Features

Heads up display; easy let down seats; turn signal reminder; lots of leg room; nets behind seats for storage; back up notification

Suggested Improvements

large amount of vibration in rear of vehicle when radio is on; hard start at times

20004 Rendezvous CXL
By jwilder185

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is easy to drive and has excellent front and side visibility, so- so veiw to the rear. The 3.4L engine will not win races but it provides adequate power and respectable fuel economy. Entering and exiting the vehicle is easy and it provides a comfortable seating. It is extemely quiet, (except at full throttle)and it provides comfortable seating with sufficinet leg and headroom. The Navigation system is pretty easy to learn, the sound sytem is good. It is a good vehicle to consider if you are in the market.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable, the ride and econonmy are both great. The satellite navigation/radio is fun to use. Space for passngers and cargo are a strong point

Suggested Improvements

Some of the interior fittings seem to be a little light weight. By far, the guages with pale green on gray are hard to see in direct lighting. This should have been fixed two years ago on introduction of the vehicle.

Rendezvous
By gmg1945

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage less than sticker but has enough get up and go. Roomy and holds the road nicely. For the price a real value.

Favorite Features

Turn signal turn off reminder. Holds road nicely. Pleany of cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Visability in rear view mirror a lot less than minivan.

Really fine vehicle
By Chuckmac

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have a CX model with leather, moon roof and third seat. We could't be more pleased with this great vehicle. Our grandkids love the third seat which we have also used for adults with great success. Performs great on the highway, particularly in cruise control. I feel great everytime I drive it!! Have had several Buicks (Lasabre). This time we wanted AWD for safety in bad weather. We feel we made a great decision.

Favorite Features

Leather, moon roof and third seat. Also storage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a rear area that is more SUV like when the rear seat is down.