2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Minor quality issues
By cyrhere on 03/24/05 17:59 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After 18000 miles, a trip to Florida from NY with the family, I would have to say it is a good vehicle. Some minor issues with the hatchback, and the rear wiper motor had to be replaced already. Handling is good except in tight high speed turns where it feels top heavy. Over all I love the vehicle, especially the all wheel drive in winter. I would buy another if they held thier value better, but after losing half the value of the purchase price in one year I would advise against buying one unless you plan on keeping it around for at least 4 years. Plenty of power and room. The sound system lacks alot. Road noise is a little more than expected, but tollerable.

Joy to drive!
By Rendevous happy! on 03/14/05 13:55 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this vehicle for six months and it is better than expected. My mileage has been between 27 and 28 mpg on trips. It is very quiet and comfortable. It feels nimble and responsive. Only one minor repair, low fuel warning not working required reprograming the computer. The sound system is very powerful. The large outside mirrors help for backing, otherwise visibility out the rear window is restricted due to high profile. The center console is the best I have ever used, many useful compartments. Front wheel drive gives better performance and mileage, and reduces repair bills.

My experience
By buick owner on 03/06/05 11:54 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this vehicle. It's the first SUV I've owned. I shopped for months before deciding to buy. Was turned off by the outside looks, but the price and interior won me over. It's a fun vehicle to own, plan on having a long time.Only repair so far was a bouncing gas guage and high idle, needed computer adjustment. Still seems to idle high to me.

Great Ride
By Happy Owner on 02/14/05 16:22 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle after much study, and after owning sedans for my entire car-life. I have been extremely pleased with it, and have driven it on two long and challenging trips, as well as around town. I like the room, comfort and handling. Lots of space for child and the many trips to the home improvement store. I would purchase it again in a minute, and have not regretted my purchase in the least.

Another great Buick Value
By john on 01/06/05 07:33 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my first new Buick, a 1996 Skylark that I was outgrowing. Wanted something bigger that could handle cargo, etc. Test drove the Dodge Magnum-was expensive, and only 70 cu fr of cargo capacity-passengers sit low with high windo sill. Liked the Rendezvous, and took advantage of rebate and good trade in on my 9 yo Skylark. I would not consider it if I had to pay $35k list price (paid $23k) as it lacks power lift gate and refined engines other competitiors offer. Some interior pieces feel cheap. But, overall, for $23k, is great deal!!

My Wife LOVES it!
By BuickGuy on 12/24/04 14:42 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned over two dozen cars and this is the ONLY car my wife ever LOVED. Why? it's the SUV experience without the SUV 'truckiness'. Versatile, endlessly useful, 'drives like a baby carriage' and good on gas, too. "The SUV with sanity" is how she puts it. No problems so far.

2004 Rendezvous CXL AWD
By Schnauzer on 12/21/04 08:10 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this car because of the year end closeout and rebates. Got an awesome price. This is my second Buick. So far, so good. The space is great and all the features that came with it are really functional and neat. The 3.5L or 3.6L engine should be the standard. The 3.4L is now old technology. It feels like a very safe vehicle with all the airbags and crumple zones designed into it. I got the fold down third row seat which is handy and recommended.

No problems
By Colen on 12/14/04 23:31 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very impressed so far. 5000 miles, no problems. Almost bought a Saturn VUE, but with the incentives from GM, a extra 2 grand gets you a much more refined vehicle. With traction contol and 4 snow tires All wheel drive is not necessary.

The Best Vehicle I 've ever Owned
By hamedankookie on 12/06/04 02:11 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought this vehicle for me for our anniversary. I love the comfort and space. i have two children and they have plenty of room for them, I also love the fact that the seats will come all the way out. We helped my mom move and took the seats out and we loaded more things into the back of our vehicle than my Uncle did in the back of his Dodge Ram. The gas mileage is awesome for an SUV. I am satisifed with our investement..no doubt..

Unsatisified Rendevzous Owner
By one bad SUV on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first SUV and Buick. Had a bad sensor the same day I bought it so I couldn't drive it home. A couple days after I got it I noticed it had a delayed starting problem. Took it to the shop 4 times and they found a bad PCV( related to computer system.) They replaced that and I still had the same problem. At times I didn't know if it was going to start or not. Only had this SUV 2 months. I traded it on a Honda Accord. I just hope it's not a lemon like my Rendezvous was. Never want another SUV by Buick. They make better cars than SUV's.