Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Best Luxury SUV/Minivan
By New Driver

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best SUV I have ever owned. The traction control works like a pro. The ultrasonic parking aid is help, because I like to back up in my driveway, and there is a gate and it lets me know when I am close enough. The third row seat is a nice addtion as well. The front seats are first class. The rear seats a first class as well they recline, and and you can push them forward and back.

Traction control, parking aid, heated seats, OnStar directions and connections, electric liftgate release

None

Great car
By TLC

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 4 years, and it's been a delight. Comfortable but with all the functionality of clunky SUVs. Only one recall, so it was well-built. I've had no (knock wood!) major problems with it; just typical maintenance issues. I'd buy another in a minute if GM still made them. Was never crazy about the exterior design, but the interior is what I see most, and I love it. Got great mileage until recently (probably need to change fuel filter or something). I'll be passing this car onto my daughter when she turns 16 next year, and feel good that she'll be in a safe, reliable car. I've been spoiled, and I'm not sure I can ever return to a sedan!

Extra row of seats and storage space in back. Nice design features (place for glasses), OnStar, garage door transmitter. Love sitting high--but not so high that I feel off kilter. Great handling.

never again !
By smb

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I had made the perfect purchase. Got the car brand new and what I thought was a deal. Less than a month the tires were falling apart. had them replaced. Then, the a/c started making strange noises. The dealership said nothing's wrong-- twice! Then last year(2007) we rebuilt the head gasket--very expensive. Now oil leaks and we can't find its source. Looking forward to another vehicle as soon as the negative equitity evens out. Resale value stinks!

The only good thing I can say is that they atleast took the time to make the inside look decent.

Take another look under the hood and make some very needed readjustments, or stop production altogether.

Buick Rendezvous Great Value
By MB

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Rendezvous. Both have been excellent auto's, no issues with either. Well designed, very comfotable, easy to get in and out of, roomy, quiet, nice driving, very reliable vehicle, typical Buick quality and value. Now that they will no longer be produced, we will go with the new Buick Enclave as our next new car purchase.

We love the memory power seat and outside mirrors.

The only knock is that the standard engine is a bit underpowered for trips, when loaded with passengers and their luggage. Around town, the power is ample.

Paint it Yellow
By Sassy

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

What a lemon! Back hatch lock broke, the handle to close the hatch broke, the pumps that raise a lower the back hatch have broken several times. Switch has locked up several times, overhead sunglasses compartment has been replaced twice because it has fallen down and just hangs there. Battery didn't even last the first year. The front end doesn't stay aligned, 2 new tires, now it looks like we will have to put on another 2 tires. The upholstery is stained, not scotchguarded at all. I thought Buick was top of the line, well, the one we got is at the end of the line. Will definitely not buy another GM product, will go with Honda or Toyota. Had to buy extended warranty just to stay afloat

Rides well and roomy

Put some time and quality back into the vehicle. Check it out before you sell it! This vehicle does not live up to the Buick name. If you want us to buy American, build it better!