Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Not what we expected
By Jonathan

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When originally shopping for our family SUV we never expected we'd end up with a Buick Rendezvous. However, after seeing so many SUVs with the boring dark gray interior we finally looked at one and fell in love the with spacious interior, comfortable captain seats and smooth ride. A year into ownership we started experiencing issues. Both wheel bearings went under 60,000 miles costing $400 each. Break pads and rotors had to be changed every 6-9 months because they kept warping (another pricey repair). The handle on the rear hatch door broke as well, making it harder for my wife to close. The nail in the coffin was the transmission starting to slip at just 71,000 miles!

Favorite Features

Spacious driver room (I'm a tall guy) 3rd row seating Light towing ability

Suggested Improvements

Too many mechanical problems for a car under 75,000 miles. GM needs to build a better product and back what they build

Can Any More Go Wrong?
By Gma

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Every month is a new problem. Power windows off track. Back hatch lock no good. Side view mirrors motor broke. Front end problems. Staling just started. Key start froze up. Battery died after 3 month of owning car. I used to love my Buick. Now, dont even ask!

Favorite Features

Nice comfortable seats. Great heat on cold days!

Suggested Improvements

Make it right before you sell it!

Disappointed
By Rivi

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I got this car as a lease. She drives it mostly. We had to get out of the lease early. We traded her in for a Toyota and don't look back at the Buick anymore. We noticed as time went on, she seems to loose power. She no longer feels strong anymore. I don't think that 245 horses is strong enough for the weight of this vehicle. She handles the bumps terribly, feels like she's gonna break apart on me. Gas guage is on the frits and the dealer can't find anything wrong with her. One day, we have gas and the next, we don't. Her turn radius is lousy. It's a shame, becuase we love all the toys that the Ultra comes with.

Favorite Features

All the bells and whistles that come with the Ultra

Suggested Improvements

Make it more reliable, stronger, quieter.

never again !
By smb

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I had made the perfect purchase. Got the car brand new and what I thought was a deal. Less than a month the tires were falling apart. had them replaced. Then, the a/c started making strange noises. The dealership said nothing's wrong-- twice! Then last year(2007) we rebuilt the head gasket--very expensive. Now oil leaks and we can't find its source. Looking forward to another vehicle as soon as the negative equitity evens out. Resale value stinks!

Favorite Features

The only good thing I can say is that they atleast took the time to make the inside look decent.

Suggested Improvements

Take another look under the hood and make some very needed readjustments, or stop production altogether.

G.M./Mexican Reject
By JohnnyApel

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Worse GM Car I ever owned and I hear the same story from many other Rendezvous Owners. So, I guess it's just not me.Everything broke on it shortly after purchase. Permanent shimmy,( which service mgr.said was a "normal shimmy") wore out the front end in 10K so that it wouldnt pass state inspection. It was fixed under warranty but car still has the shimmy. Currently trying to get GM to "buy back" Montesuma's revenge on the U.S. Car Buyer.Haven't had a G.M. Car this good since my 1980 Cadillac Seville Diesel Motor blew up at 10,000..It dont get any better than this.Never again GM