Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Buick Rendezvous Great Value
By MB

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Rendezvous. Both have been excellent auto's, no issues with either. Well designed, very comfotable, easy to get in and out of, roomy, quiet, nice driving, very reliable vehicle, typical Buick quality and value. Now that they will no longer be produced, we will go with the new Buick Enclave as our next new car purchase.

Favorite Features

We love the memory power seat and outside mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

The only knock is that the standard engine is a bit underpowered for trips, when loaded with passengers and their luggage. Around town, the power is ample.

Paint it Yellow
By Sassy

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

What a lemon! Back hatch lock broke, the handle to close the hatch broke, the pumps that raise a lower the back hatch have broken several times. Switch has locked up several times, overhead sunglasses compartment has been replaced twice because it has fallen down and just hangs there. Battery didn't even last the first year. The front end doesn't stay aligned, 2 new tires, now it looks like we will have to put on another 2 tires. The upholstery is stained, not scotchguarded at all. I thought Buick was top of the line, well, the one we got is at the end of the line. Will definitely not buy another GM product, will go with Honda or Toyota. Had to buy extended warranty just to stay afloat

Favorite Features

Rides well and roomy

Suggested Improvements

Put some time and quality back into the vehicle. Check it out before you sell it! This vehicle does not live up to the Buick name. If you want us to buy American, build it better!

2004 Buick Rendezvous
By mellowsong

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this vehicle. It has been virtually trouble free since purchase, is extremely comfortable for me (I have a severe back injury) and has plenty of get up and go. My only complaint is gas mileage, but I knew that when I bought it. I actually get better than stated. I would recommend this to anyone.

Favorite Features

I like the readout of instant gas mileage etc. I think it is a very nice looking vehicle. It is large enough to carry passengers comfortably and still has plenty of room for cargo.

Well made SUV!
By Betty Finney

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Rendevous 1-07 with 24000 miles on it. I love it! I have a new grandbaby. Loading the car seat and stroller in was the selling factor for me. When I upgrade to a new vehicle, I will upgrade to a newer model of the Rendevous.

Favorite Features

Drivers seat height. Although it is much higher than a car, it doesen't make you feel as if you are driving a truck.

Suggested Improvements

A little more get up and go when passing on the road. It's a little stubborn. It has the attitude, I'll do this time but, don't try this again.

2004 not what I read in research
By notagain

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am not the first to experience this and only with this car, but around 60,000 miles the bearings go. Starts off not bad, then gets increasingly annoying. Then the O2 sensors both go and fuel injection not doing well around 90,000. My avg. mileage mostly hywy during the spring and fall around 20. Winter and Summer 18 maybe a little worse, not anywhere close to 24. Also makes a lot of wind noise when wind is hitting from passanger side of car. I do like the interior space and fact that seats are like van seats and can be taken out.

Favorite Features

Middle row seats and being able to take out

Suggested Improvements

Build it better and it will stay past 2007