Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Perfect
By ziebab

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 24,000 miles. It has been the perfect SUV for us. Tried out a Ford Escape after we test drove the Buick, not even close, plus the Escape was more money. My wife loves the Rondezvous. Lots of room all around, easy access to everything, great vision, comfort, reliablity, ride is slightly rough but not a big deal. No major problems, just the usuall maint. One ignition problem but covered by warranty. We are at 65000 miles, just put on a new set of tires, running great and still looks like new. Too bad they discontinued them, would buy another one when the time comes.

Favorite Features

Room, comfort, vision, looks, great sound from the radio/cd player. Easy to use/find interior controls. Very reliable vehicle for us, it does the job.

Suggested Improvements

Smooth out the ride and like every other car made, improve the gas mileage!

Best Luxury SUV/Minivan
By New Driver

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best SUV I have ever owned. The traction control works like a pro. The ultrasonic parking aid is help, because I like to back up in my driveway, and there is a gate and it lets me know when I am close enough. The third row seat is a nice addtion as well. The front seats are first class. The rear seats a first class as well they recline, and and you can push them forward and back.

Favorite Features

Traction control, parking aid, heated seats, OnStar directions and connections, electric liftgate release

Suggested Improvements

None

Great car
By TLC

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 4 years, and it's been a delight. Comfortable but with all the functionality of clunky SUVs. Only one recall, so it was well-built. I've had no (knock wood!) major problems with it; just typical maintenance issues. I'd buy another in a minute if GM still made them. Was never crazy about the exterior design, but the interior is what I see most, and I love it. Got great mileage until recently (probably need to change fuel filter or something). I'll be passing this car onto my daughter when she turns 16 next year, and feel good that she'll be in a safe, reliable car. I've been spoiled, and I'm not sure I can ever return to a sedan!

Favorite Features

Extra row of seats and storage space in back. Nice design features (place for glasses), OnStar, garage door transmitter. Love sitting high--but not so high that I feel off kilter. Great handling.

never again !
By smb

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I had made the perfect purchase. Got the car brand new and what I thought was a deal. Less than a month the tires were falling apart. had them replaced. Then, the a/c started making strange noises. The dealership said nothing's wrong-- twice! Then last year(2007) we rebuilt the head gasket--very expensive. Now oil leaks and we can't find its source. Looking forward to another vehicle as soon as the negative equitity evens out. Resale value stinks!

Favorite Features

The only good thing I can say is that they atleast took the time to make the inside look decent.

Suggested Improvements

Take another look under the hood and make some very needed readjustments, or stop production altogether.

Buick Rendezvous Great Value
By MB

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Rendezvous. Both have been excellent auto's, no issues with either. Well designed, very comfotable, easy to get in and out of, roomy, quiet, nice driving, very reliable vehicle, typical Buick quality and value. Now that they will no longer be produced, we will go with the new Buick Enclave as our next new car purchase.

Favorite Features

We love the memory power seat and outside mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

The only knock is that the standard engine is a bit underpowered for trips, when loaded with passengers and their luggage. Around town, the power is ample.