2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Paint it Yellow
By Sassy on 08/10/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

What a lemon! Back hatch lock broke, the handle to close the hatch broke, the pumps that raise a lower the back hatch have broken several times. Switch has locked up several times, overhead sunglasses compartment has been replaced twice because it has fallen down and just hangs there. Battery didn't even last the first year. The front end doesn't stay aligned, 2 new tires, now it looks like we will have to put on another 2 tires. The upholstery is stained, not scotchguarded at all. I thought Buick was top of the line, well, the one we got is at the end of the line. Will definitely not buy another GM product, will go with Honda or Toyota. Had to buy extended warranty just to stay afloat

2004 Buick Rendezvous
By mellowsong on 06/15/07 10:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this vehicle. It has been virtually trouble free since purchase, is extremely comfortable for me (I have a severe back injury) and has plenty of get up and go. My only complaint is gas mileage, but I knew that when I bought it. I actually get better than stated. I would recommend this to anyone.

Well made SUV!
By Betty Finney on 05/11/07 06:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Rendevous 1-07 with 24000 miles on it. I love it! I have a new grandbaby. Loading the car seat and stroller in was the selling factor for me. When I upgrade to a new vehicle, I will upgrade to a newer model of the Rendevous.

2004 not what I read in research
By notagain on 04/06/07 11:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am not the first to experience this and only with this car, but around 60,000 miles the bearings go. Starts off not bad, then gets increasingly annoying. Then the O2 sensors both go and fuel injection not doing well around 90,000. My avg. mileage mostly hywy during the spring and fall around 20. Winter and Summer 18 maybe a little worse, not anywhere close to 24. Also makes a lot of wind noise when wind is hitting from passanger side of car. I do like the interior space and fact that seats are like van seats and can be taken out.

Do yourself a favour don't buy the RDV
By AP on 03/04/07 20:01 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

First GM vehicle and confirms why I always steered clear in the past. GM deserve their loss of market share, It this is the best they can do then they should give up now. Japanese and Europeans have them beaten on all fronts. All this topped off with appalling customer service, can't wait to get rid of this lemon.

Awesome pure outlandish luxury vehicle
By IMJEWELEE on 01/22/07 19:14 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Went to CarMax and they had everything under the sun to test drive and when I saw it, love at first sight! This vehicle is as close to a Lexus as you will ever get! Heated seats, XM radio, sunroof, reclining rear seats, and 3rd row total of 7 people. Out of all the vehicles I have owned, I am 43, this is the best! Can't wait to take this baby to Disney World. I have already sold my friends on this and they want one bad! Heads up is totally boss and the two tone paint and shiny chrome turns heads! God bless America!

2004 Rendezvous Ultra
By Michael M on 01/20/07 18:28 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great all around vehicle. Fun for outdoor activities and cleans up nicely for an evening out. I think that the Ultra's upgraded exterior package really dresses up the vehicle. Very comfortable ride on road trips. I don't see very many Ultra's. Any idea how many were actually manufactured?

Almost Perfect
By barb on 12/24/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV! Decent mileage, easy entry/exit. Lots of space, I even haul my horse feed in it!I bought it with about 14,000 miles on it, got a great deal.

You Like?
By rendez barber on 11/25/06 14:23 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a pre-owned 2004 Rendezvous in October 2006 which was in impeccable condition. You would have thought it was brand new. This is a fully loaded CXL with almost every upgrade. I love everything about this vehicle except its inability to soak up "rougher" pavement. It is very stiff over just the slightest of bumps. I don't understand because when I read all the reviews, they claim otherwise. Such a sacrifice (stiffer ride) would imply a more sporty agility which just isn't the case. That's my only complaint. If you can get past that, you will love this vehicle.

Most fun car to drive
By Sallie Herman on 11/22/06 03:05 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is so reliable, comfortable, no back strain, and so easy to load with the hatchback at waist level. Large storage compartment, and comfortable seats for passengers. Added phones in passenger seats for comfort in listening to music. Great visibility in the front windshield, in fact that is why I purchased this car. The vista is great when traveling to beautiful places, panoramic view. My whole family loves this car, and I am a 76 year old grandmother, and everyone wishes they owned this car. I wish I had bought the wine colored car, instead of the gun metal, which many people have. That would have been a little a fun color for me.