2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
2004 Buick Rendezvous
By jayfinn3 on 10/16/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After few weeks owning this Buick I am totally in love with this vehicle. Gets 19.8 miles on average and I don't drive highways. All wheel drive is great. OnStar works great and lots of head room for 6'4 person. It is fun to drive and has soft ride. This is not off road AWD

Good value
By pa on 10/15/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 4 years. I'll be honest, it is a boring car. Yes, the interior is plasticy (which, after 4 years, has certainly worn down to the point of needing some sort of paint repair) and the exterior isn't exciting either. But, with that said, it has been a very reliable car. I've had one repair in 90K miles which I'm sure is pretty rare. The third row has been very convenient for the extra- people situations that pop up (and yes, adults can fit back there). You feel safe in this car.

Love this car!
By AC on 07/31/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned and leased many cars, but this is the best by far! I will always buy Rendezvous from now on! This is a luxurious vehicle, classy, and reliable! I think that the others who have some complaints about it are isolated incidences. I am at 75,000 miles and I have had zero problems mechanically or otherwise. On top of that, this loaded model gives the driver and my family every accommodation. Heated seats, AWD, heads up display, moonroof, third row of seats, towing capability, comfort, power everything, rear park assist, lots of room and storage. It is sleek and stylish and has zip! Even my loaded CXL model is priced right for resale- not like the pricey foreign competitors. Go USA

Disappointed
By Pete Hulett on 07/06/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had problems with the ignition from the start. This Buick refused to start and was at the garage three times for this and they could not find the problem. I moved and it stopped moving day and was repaired in a city. worked 6 months and did it again. They reprogramed the keys this time. Now just this month it did it again. Well this time it was the fuel pump - only 41000 miles and its gone $611 to repalce, thnk goodness for extened warranty. I have owned Buick for 20 yrs with no issues like this. My last Buick had 172,000 and no issues. There will not be another one after this one. Have to keep it as no one's buying them now. Just waiting to see what is going next.

What's with GM's Power Windows?
By Bob Batch on 06/12/08 03:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had this car for 4 years and it has been mechanically sound. The vehicle averages about 21 mpg with the commute everyday. I have had to replace the left and right front power window regulators ($500 at the dealer-$289 at my mechanic) Then last month the power rear hatch assembly broke and cost another $300 to repair. Hatch assembly was originally covered under a recall but once it was performed in 2004 that "Closed out the recall" and this one's on me. They put in a faulty part and it's my fault! I had the same window problem with my 2001 Bonneville, right and left rear regulators had to be replaced.I'm entitled to GM supplier pricing but will think twice before buying another GM

Perfect
By ziebab on 05/20/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 24,000 miles. It has been the perfect SUV for us. Tried out a Ford Escape after we test drove the Buick, not even close, plus the Escape was more money. My wife loves the Rondezvous. Lots of room all around, easy access to everything, great vision, comfort, reliablity, ride is slightly rough but not a big deal. No major problems, just the usuall maint. One ignition problem but covered by warranty. We are at 65000 miles, just put on a new set of tires, running great and still looks like new. Too bad they discontinued them, would buy another one when the time comes.

Best Luxury SUV/Minivan
By New Driver on 03/28/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best SUV I have ever owned. The traction control works like a pro. The ultrasonic parking aid is help, because I like to back up in my driveway, and there is a gate and it lets me know when I am close enough. The third row seat is a nice addtion as well. The front seats are first class. The rear seats a first class as well they recline, and and you can push them forward and back.

Great car
By TLC on 02/21/08 11:12 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 4 years, and it's been a delight. Comfortable but with all the functionality of clunky SUVs. Only one recall, so it was well-built. I've had no (knock wood!) major problems with it; just typical maintenance issues. I'd buy another in a minute if GM still made them. Was never crazy about the exterior design, but the interior is what I see most, and I love it. Got great mileage until recently (probably need to change fuel filter or something). I'll be passing this car onto my daughter when she turns 16 next year, and feel good that she'll be in a safe, reliable car. I've been spoiled, and I'm not sure I can ever return to a sedan!

never again !
By smb on 02/12/08 07:59 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I had made the perfect purchase. Got the car brand new and what I thought was a deal. Less than a month the tires were falling apart. had them replaced. Then, the a/c started making strange noises. The dealership said nothing's wrong-- twice! Then last year(2007) we rebuilt the head gasket--very expensive. Now oil leaks and we can't find its source. Looking forward to another vehicle as soon as the negative equitity evens out. Resale value stinks!

Buick Rendezvous Great Value
By MB on 09/05/07 06:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Rendezvous. Both have been excellent auto's, no issues with either. Well designed, very comfotable, easy to get in and out of, roomy, quiet, nice driving, very reliable vehicle, typical Buick quality and value. Now that they will no longer be produced, we will go with the new Buick Enclave as our next new car purchase.