2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Rendezvous, I love it!
By jzbwh on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I got "hooked" with GM before I purchased 2004 Rendezvous CXL because I had accumulated some GM Credit Card points - all "expert reviews" at Blue Book and Edmunds appeared to favor Japanese cars over GMs. However as a commuter between home and work with little off-road requirements, I've found driving Rendezvous quite pleasant. I love its smooth ride, excellent gas mileage (I got 21 mpg with avearge of 38 mph), the commanding view and the On-Star system. AWD just starts giving me peace of mind when climbing hills on snowy days. Yeh, you may argue that other SUVs or Crossovers can do the same tricks but it's nice that my Rendesvous does them all!

satisfied consumer
By BioProfessor on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

totaly satisfied with the car// gas mileage=20mph on average// rides very comfortably//interior materials could be better/ only dsign flaw is speedometer, not enough contrast=hard to read. Engine is more than adequate but could use more horsepower.. I would buy it again especially at the price I paid

BUICK-NOT YOUR GRANDPA'S
By SHANNONM on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

SURPRISED BY SIZE. WAS ABLE TO FIT A DISHWASHER IN TRUCK WITH THE BOX!!!! THE DRIVE IS GREAT. IT HAS ALL THE GREAT THINGS ABOUT A BUICK THAT YOUR PARENTS LOVED, BUT WITH A WHOLE NEW SPIN THAT YOU'LL LOVE TOO.

Great First Experience
By SPolson on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a first SUV purchase for me. The car handles well in the west texas, eastern new mexico winds. The fuel economy is better than I expected. The interior is beautiful, roomy and comfortable. I purchased this car not for off road ability but for convience of having a cargo area, easy to access and still have stylish looks. I am a single woman and need the cargo area for things like plants, moving smaller antiques and light hauling. The appearance is classy and not that of a pickup. I can still attend the plays and opera in class on Friday and haul fertilizer on Saturday. I love my car!

Problem right from delivery
By Blueflame on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Actually this car had an A/C problem that should have been found during its prep before delivery! A/C not working. Also it has On Star but its antenna was not installed at prep. Found it in a bag in the glove box. I installed it myself. To take it back to the dealer ALREADY I should charge them for MY time!

Rendevous with this one /Nice SUV
By Tom Russell on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is underated, except HP, I have had this vehicle since July 2002, it has 15,700 miles and I really love it It handles well, has a loads of storage space. Fit and finish is very good, however it is produced in Mexico (so much for foreign trade) The seats are very comfortable, and up front visiability is excellent. If you purchase one make sure you check the options on the sticker, and that they are actually on the vehicle. Mine was missing footrests, and cabin air filters, which are located in the glove box. Take your time and look it over very carefdully you might want to Rendevous with this one !!

Disgrace to the Buick tradition
By TainoRico on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely disappointing. As a previous Buick owner,I feel that Buick should not even try to associate with such a poor performing vehicle. Whenever I come across anyone who asks me about this vehicle I say turn around and run. Do not even think about it. I am anxiously waiting to get rid of it next month. I have decided to buy foreign after buying about 20 new American cars in the last 25 years.

buick r
By butchh on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

we love it and it cheap to operate as well major fun to drive easy to park and move around in traffic

Buyer beware
By stina on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Loved the look of this car at the auto show - ordered it right away. I will never buy another car that is a new model again. We had extra speakers from the factory that never worked. At 36,400 miles, we had to replace the front wheel bearing. At 46,500 miles (25 months old) the electrical system had corrosion due to a leak at the windshield - cost us $333.00 to replace what is obviously a manufacturer defect - the car has been in no accidents and we never off-road. Also, the dealer was no help whatsoever and kept telling us we should have gotten the extended warranty.

Versatility plus!
By zzpj2y on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Highly pleased. Very appealing in and out. Very versatile. Storage compartments are a plus. Layout of console very convenient. Able to haul 4 foot wide panels in back. (OK, the 4x8 sheets stick out a little in the back.) Though the seats appear to be slender and that can equate to not being comfortable for long trips, the looks are deceiving, as the comfort level is high. Nice total package for the price!