Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

New Experience
By longo

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this 2004 Rendezvous for 2 weeks now and I'm extremely disappointed. As a matter of fact For a car with a sticker price of $38,400 the car is horrible. The ride is noisy & sounds like you're sitting in a hollow drum. The fuel gage fluctuates dramatically, leaving you unsure of how much gas you have.I guess you have to be on flat ground to tell for sure) The power steering pump was defective from day one and has yet to be fixed. I've been told repeatedly that there is nothing wrong with the fuel gage. I would not recommend this car to anyone, it's not worth the money

Favorite Features

My wife likes it

Suggested Improvements

None

Rondevous CXL
By Tony Miller

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle has performed above expectations. I'm very happy with the purchase, so happy I'm purchasing the ulrea model next.

Favorite Features

The back seat and storage in back are exceptional.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage can be better.

Nice Ride, but needs more power
By wiseone

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car provides a very smooth ride, but needs more power, especially during initial acceleration when trying to merge into traffic that's moving faster (like freeway entrance ramps). Would prefer if the rear captain's chairs didn't have a headrest as the headrest on the right passenger side entirely obstructs the driver's view and creates a dangerous blindspot. Was also disappointed in the fuel economy. The Rendezvous gets worse gas mileage than my Chevy Silverado V8. For the money, though, you get a lot of bells and whistles.

Favorite Features

Auto-memory seats, back-up alarm, XM Radio, steering wheel control.

Suggested Improvements

Better Fuel economy, better acceleration.

3.6 ltr AWD CXL
By PaSteve

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, we are very happy with the RDZ with the bigger engine (it is not an Ultra)providing strong acceleration and good gas mileage. Storage areas and interior space are excellent. Rear windows roll almost all the way down. Only problem to date is a gas gauge (this is a problem on some of the 2004 model, not earlier years). Viewing while backing up is very difficult due to back pillar design and obstruction. Handling could be tighter, but is good compared to minivans and truck-based SUVs. Leather interior is ok, but not upscale.

Favorite Features

3.6 ltr engine is impressive. Storage space, ergonomic design good. Rear window roll down. Rear audio controls for kids. Steering wheel radio controls. XM satellite radio = no commercials.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the gas gauge\sensor problem in some 2004s. Replace control "stalk" w\ better design. Speedometer should be easier to read. Rework rear end design to permit reasonable backing up view. Add a better handling package possibly larger tires, stiffer suspension

First Buick
By mikeee

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have kids and allways bought mimi vans for the cargo space. Our kids are older so we downsized a little but this car has more room than we expected. My wife really loves it and we have had no quality problems at all.

Favorite Features

My wife likes the storage space and handling . I like the high driving position as opposed to a car. The styling is above average.

Suggested Improvements

As with all gm cars they don't change styling from year to year and thats a mistake. Who wants to by a new car that looks just like a four year old car. The should tweek the styling every year so even the average buyer can tell the difference between his new cae and an old one.