Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Love my new car
By contract employee

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am a first-time SUV owner and love my Rendezvous. I considered several cars and SUVs before selecting Buick, and I couldn't be happier. It is very comfortable, provides a very smooth ride, looks great and it is everything I hoped an SUV would be. I don't think I'll drive a car again. I highly recommend the Buick Rendezvous.

Leather Seats, front seat console storage, comfortable back seat, large side mirrors.

Can't think of anything.

New Experience
By longo

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this 2004 Rendezvous for 2 weeks now and I'm extremely disappointed. As a matter of fact For a car with a sticker price of $38,400 the car is horrible. The ride is noisy & sounds like you're sitting in a hollow drum. The fuel gage fluctuates dramatically, leaving you unsure of how much gas you have.I guess you have to be on flat ground to tell for sure) The power steering pump was defective from day one and has yet to be fixed. I've been told repeatedly that there is nothing wrong with the fuel gage. I would not recommend this car to anyone, it's not worth the money

My wife likes it

None

Rondevous CXL
By Tony Miller

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle has performed above expectations. I'm very happy with the purchase, so happy I'm purchasing the ulrea model next.

The back seat and storage in back are exceptional.

Fuel mileage can be better.

Nice Ride, but needs more power
By wiseone

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car provides a very smooth ride, but needs more power, especially during initial acceleration when trying to merge into traffic that's moving faster (like freeway entrance ramps). Would prefer if the rear captain's chairs didn't have a headrest as the headrest on the right passenger side entirely obstructs the driver's view and creates a dangerous blindspot. Was also disappointed in the fuel economy. The Rendezvous gets worse gas mileage than my Chevy Silverado V8. For the money, though, you get a lot of bells and whistles.

Auto-memory seats, back-up alarm, XM Radio, steering wheel control.

Better Fuel economy, better acceleration.

3.6 ltr AWD CXL
By PaSteve

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, we are very happy with the RDZ with the bigger engine (it is not an Ultra)providing strong acceleration and good gas mileage. Storage areas and interior space are excellent. Rear windows roll almost all the way down. Only problem to date is a gas gauge (this is a problem on some of the 2004 model, not earlier years). Viewing while backing up is very difficult due to back pillar design and obstruction. Handling could be tighter, but is good compared to minivans and truck-based SUVs. Leather interior is ok, but not upscale.

3.6 ltr engine is impressive. Storage space, ergonomic design good. Rear window roll down. Rear audio controls for kids. Steering wheel radio controls. XM satellite radio = no commercials.

Fix the gas gauge\sensor problem in some 2004s. Replace control "stalk" w\ better design. Speedometer should be easier to read. Rework rear end design to permit reasonable backing up view. Add a better handling package possibly larger tires, stiffer suspension