2004 Buick Rendezvous CX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Rendezvous Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Sort Reviews by

BUICK RENDEZVOUS
By EDWARD J CORRIGAN

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE ONLY BEEN DRIVING THIS VEHICLE SINCE DEC. I AM NOT TOO SURE ABOUT THE TRACTION AND THE HANDLEING ON SLIPPERY ROADS. I AM NOT TOO IMPRESSED WITH THE TIRES (USR) MY FORD EXPLORER HAD BETTER TRACTION.

Favorite Features

NAVIGATION SYSTEM

Suggested Improvements

USE A DIFFERENT TIRE MFG AND NOT FIRESTONE.

GREAT VALUE
By KEN ROY

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

WE THINK WE HAVE TO BUY FOREIGN, BUT A 10% LESS IN PRICE THAN A COMPARABLY EQUIPPED TOYOTA HIGHLANDER, WITH MORE SPACE IN THE BUICK. BIGGER ON INSIDE THAT IT REALLY LOOKS FROM THE OUTSIDE

Favorite Features

ALL THE STORAGE PLACES WITHIN, AND NICE RIDE AND GOOD MILEAGE.

Suggested Improvements

REAR DOOR LOCK TO BE ABLE TO OPEN WITH A KEY, INSTEAD OF USING THE REMOTE KEY OR SWITCH WITHIN THE SUV

traveler
By RoyL717

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

took a 5000 mile round trip ..... Ill to N Dak , Glacier, Idaho , Tetons, Yellowstone, Rushmore , Iowa .. The car was great ... roomy, comfortable, practical. On-star and sat radio are great features.

Suggested Improvements

readily accessable coin tray .... like on the blazer ( you don,t need to lift the console lid to get to the coins). Improve the the mpg.

What a disappointment!
By RBorrell

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

THIS CAR HAS BEEN A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! I WOULD SUGGEST THAT EVERYONE BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY BECAUSE IT'S PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM. I LOVE THE SIZE AND COMFORT OF DRIVING THE VEHICLE BUT THOSE THINGS ARE OVERSHADOWED BY THE POOR RELIABILITY OF THE CAR...AND GMs POOR RESPONSE.

A Buick Among SUVs
By King of the Highway

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Not the sexiest SUV on the market, it is attractive and has the uniqueness of being a Buick. Won't see yourself like you would in a Ford Explorer. It is fairly easy to see the minivan platform the RDV is based on. Buick came up with a great design given what there was to work with. The interior is huge and quiet. The power seats are comfy, the instruments easy to read, controls easy to reach and HUD is useful. The ride is well controlled. The engine is more than satisfactory w/ a torque curve that is flat and over 200 lb/ft from 2000 to 5500 rpm. Avg 19 mpg in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

AWD, side-impact airbags, HUD, unique Buick style, back-up warning. Great feeling of sitting up high, but relatively low step-in height. Lots of storage in console. Rear seats easy to fold. Good feeling of luxury and functionality. Rear floor storage bin handy.

Suggested Improvements

Dash plastic looks upscale but feels cheap to the touch. No light in glove box. 2nd row captain chairs must be removed when flipped forward. One stalk does too many functions. Rear wiper switch needs to be on a stalk. Gauges difficult to read if headlights on but still light out.

Hockey mom
By hcky mom

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love it! I put alot of miles on, Roomy, comfortable, great handling

Favorite Features

Organizer

Women's SUV!
By Ronda763

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been following the reviews on the Buick Rendezvous for two years. For the past 13 years I have diven a mini-van (driving kids two and from soccer games). I knew the by next vehicle would not be another mini-van. After driving the Rendezvous, I knew this would be the vehicle I would be buying! It drives like and car, but I still sit up high like I did in the mini-van. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!!

Favorite Features

The drive is just like a car! It is easy to park. I have the third seat that can be used if needed and when it is not needed it folds completely flat so I have a huge area to use for hauling large items.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank. I get good gas millage but the gas tank is small than my mini-van.

I love my Buick
By denhosk

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

WE PURCHASED A 2002 MODEL IN APRIL OF THIS YEAR. SO FAR WE LOVE IT. THE RIDE IS NICE AND SMOOTH. THE INTERIOR IS COMFORTABLE ALL BUT THE FRONT SEAT HEADRESTS. THE FUEL ECONOMY IS GREAT AND WE LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SO FAR

Favorite Features

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE HEATED FRONT SEATS. I HAVE A BAD BACK AND WHEN I PUT THESE ON IT IS VERY COMFORTING. I ALSO LOVE THE INSTRUMENT PANEL THAT TELLS YOU HOW MANY MILES YOU HAVE LEFT IN A TANK OF GAS AND EXACTLY WHEN YOUR OIL NEEDS CHANGING.

Suggested Improvements

THE HEADRESTS IN THE FRONT ARE HARD TO ADJUST AND I AM 5'6" TALL AND FOR SOME REASON THEY DON'T FIT MY HEAD RIGHT IF I WANT TO LEAN MY HEAD BACK IN MY SEAT. I HAVE FOUND NOTHING ELSE ON THIS VEHICLE I DON'T LIKE SO FAR

3G5DA03E33S51199
By THOMAS STOKES

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

NEEDED BRAKES 4 TIMES,STILL ISNT FIXED,TRANSMISSION SLIPS,OVERHEATS ALL THE TIME,NO ENGINE POWER,10 MILES TO THE GALLON,TRACION CONTROL LOCKS UP,ALMOST KILLED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY POOR VIEWING OUT THE REAR SIDES AND REAR AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN

Favorite Features

RADIO CONTROLS ON STEERING WHEEL

Suggested Improvements

"""""BRAKES""""" ENGINE,TRANSMISION,TRACTION CONTROL,FEUL ECONOMY,HAVE IT DO WHAT IT SAY'S IT SUPPOSED TO DO

I love my Rendezvous
By LeonAndrew

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I don't off road so I find the car great in regular situations. The AWD is wonderful. While other cars (including SUVs) were skidding around in the most recet ice storm, mine chugged along quite well!

Favorite Features

Everything