Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

So Far So Good
By andypapp

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a CXL with the 3.6L engine. only two months old, but so far so good. Have driven it around town, on long highway trips and up and down hilly areas. Have none of the complaints about the undersized engine, well worth the added money. the ride is smooth and stable. After the rebates its so cheap relative to the Acura and Lexus.

Favorite Features

Smoothride and flexible interior (with the third row seat).

Suggested Improvements

A power rear hatch would be helpful. It's Ok for me I am 6'3", but my wife is 5'3" and that's a little hard for her to close.

Pleasantly Suprised
By Krissy L

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Being that I'm only 24, and a little younger than the traditional Buick target, I didn't even consider the brand when looking for a new SUV. However, a salesperson managed to convince me to try it out, and I loved it from the minute I stepped foot into the vehicle! It is comfortable, has tons of storage, has quite a smooth ride, and doesn't seem to guzzle gas as much as the other SUVs I've owned. Definitely a winner!

Favorite Features

The storage - there's tons of it!

Suggested Improvements

My only semi-complaint is that the turning radius is quite wide.

Why I Choose The Rendezvous CXL
By E. Jaundice

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My first priority was that the Rendezvous drives and handles like a car rather than a truck which other Suvs I tested did. It's design is unique and most attractive. You sit up nice and high and your view of the road is perfect. The large side view mirrors give exceptional rear viewing although their size leave small blind spots looking forward.

Favorite Features

Interior & six seating. A pleasure to drive in town & on highway.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little mor acceleration power and the speedomoter is not the easiest to read.

good, very good
By steamer

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned it for just over a year now and have driven it on daily errands as well as long (4 hour +) drives and everyone driver and passengers are comfortable. Terrific pack out, love the optional third row seating (but this kills the pack out). Handles well and gets good mileage. Wife loves the rear assist feature that pings hen she is colse to an object behind her. Leather interior is holding up very well with two kids and a dog frequent riders. Great alternative to the standard mini van.

Favorite Features

Third row seats, leather interior and sun roof. We love the sun roof (installed at the dealership). Handles good and is peppy but not fast.

Suggested Improvements

none

Love my new car
By contract employee

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am a first-time SUV owner and love my Rendezvous. I considered several cars and SUVs before selecting Buick, and I couldn't be happier. It is very comfortable, provides a very smooth ride, looks great and it is everything I hoped an SUV would be. I don't think I'll drive a car again. I highly recommend the Buick Rendezvous.

Favorite Features

Leather Seats, front seat console storage, comfortable back seat, large side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything.