Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Still great at 26000 miles
By rink

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is roomy & very comfortable. It has been almost trouble free. Averaging 18.5 mpg in mixed driving. XM & OnStar are great. OnStar is only $10 per mo. with Verizon Family plan. AWD is great in MN snow. I would recommend as a relatively roomy SUV with good mileage & performance.

Favorite Features

OnStar hands free phone. Huge side mirrors. Captain's chair seating. Great brakes. Back up warning is wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Suede seats not as nice as leather. Air conditioning ducts impossible to close completely.

An SUV that is more like a car
By Buffalo Buick

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had the vehicle for about 18 months / 15,000 miles now and have had ZERO problems. I do not regret getting the front wheel drive model. Snow tires on all 4s and traction control is all that is needed. Very comfortable vehicle for those that want a mini van or a SUV. Engine has plenty of power and great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and reliablity.

Suggested Improvements

Dash gauges need to be brighter or more contrast. Rear hatch needs a power up and down option.

Mama Ria's Baby
By Mama

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This review is for the ULTRA. The car is nice to look at and quite comfortable to drive, but the maintenance is killing us. With just a few miles on the car we're on a first name basis with the shop mechanics! The brakes make noise (clacking) all the time and is really anoying, the AWD system was the last thing to fail. Buick, great try, but I'll stick with Acura, or Lexus from now on.

Favorite Features

Looks good! The ride is comfortable and very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

The NAV system is awkward to use and the rear visability is lethal! A back support would be nice too.

So far...So good
By NAU02

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for 8 months now. It had 22k miles on it when purchased as a used rental vehicle, and now at 30k, there are no problems yet. I love the handling and the comfort. I'm not too crazy about the outside looks, and being 25, male, and single w/out kids, I'm the only person in my demographic with this SUV. I Upgraded the stereo and it sounds wonderful. I tested almost every mid-size SUV out there and nothing compared to the ride and interior stylings of the Rendezvous!

Favorite Features

Center console, dash/displays, comfort of seats, lumbar support, and headlights that automatically come on and shut off.

Suggested Improvements

The back is hard to keep clean, and I wish the back window would open seperate from the hatch. Exterior styling could be a little hipper.

2004 Buick Rendezvues
By Marilyn

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable, fun to drive. I wish there was some way to keep the dust from collecting on the back. Hard to keep clean because of this. Wished it had more "zip" when I go to pass someone.

Favorite Features

Love the look. Fun to drive. Very comfortable. Rides really nice.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe work on the gas mileage a little. And find some way to keep the dust from settling on the back.