2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
New Experience
By longo on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this 2004 Rendezvous for 2 weeks now and I'm extremely disappointed. As a matter of fact For a car with a sticker price of $38,400 the car is horrible. The ride is noisy & sounds like you're sitting in a hollow drum. The fuel gage fluctuates dramatically, leaving you unsure of how much gas you have.I guess you have to be on flat ground to tell for sure) The power steering pump was defective from day one and has yet to be fixed. I've been told repeatedly that there is nothing wrong with the fuel gage. I would not recommend this car to anyone, it's not worth the money

Rondevous CXL
By Tony Miller on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle has performed above expectations. I'm very happy with the purchase, so happy I'm purchasing the ulrea model next.

Nice Ride, but needs more power
By wiseone on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car provides a very smooth ride, but needs more power, especially during initial acceleration when trying to merge into traffic that's moving faster (like freeway entrance ramps). Would prefer if the rear captain's chairs didn't have a headrest as the headrest on the right passenger side entirely obstructs the driver's view and creates a dangerous blindspot. Was also disappointed in the fuel economy. The Rendezvous gets worse gas mileage than my Chevy Silverado V8. For the money, though, you get a lot of bells and whistles.

3.6 ltr AWD CXL
By PaSteve on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, we are very happy with the RDZ with the bigger engine (it is not an Ultra)providing strong acceleration and good gas mileage. Storage areas and interior space are excellent. Rear windows roll almost all the way down. Only problem to date is a gas gauge (this is a problem on some of the 2004 model, not earlier years). Viewing while backing up is very difficult due to back pillar design and obstruction. Handling could be tighter, but is good compared to minivans and truck-based SUVs. Leather interior is ok, but not upscale.

Bynum
By Harris Bynum on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Beautifully finished car, good metal & plastic finishes, very quiet for a SUV, good safety features

Review of Rendevous
By bogiegolfer02 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Rendevous as previously I had a 2002 model and have never had any problem with either car. Also really enjoythe onstar feature.

First Buick
By mikeee on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have kids and allways bought mimi vans for the cargo space. Our kids are older so we downsized a little but this car has more room than we expected. My wife really loves it and we have had no quality problems at all.

BOOGEY WOOGEY
By HANK LEESE on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

THIS VEHICLE IS THE QUIETIST I HAVE EVER OWNED, HAVING PREVIOUSLY OWNED OVER 30 AUTOMOBILES, RECENTLY PRODUCED 28.3MPG ON A 370 MILE ROAD TRIP AND PROVIDES MY 6'4" , 290 LB. BODY LOTSA ROOM AND WHILE HAVING THE SMALL ENGINE IS NO SLOUCH. I CAN HONESTLY SAY IR REALLY LOVE IT AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO ALL MY FRIENDS

performance
By GBJ on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

comfortable and easy to drive

Rendezvous - fun to drive
By benchdex on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive great on long trips versatile holds 6 people comfortably Stylish well thought out storage Exceleent visibility through large windows