Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous CX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

2004 Buick Rendezvous CXL
By brandonhill18

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought her Rendezvous brand new back in July of 2003. It's been to Flordia, Texas, Arizona, etc... It's fully loaded (CXL), although it's missing roughly 4-5 features. As far as reliability goes, it's not that bad. It starts up every single time no matter how cold it is. Sadly it's starting to break down. Within the past 6 years, parts have been going out, or just not working at all. But hey it's a 10 year old car, and the parts are not going to last forever. The Rendezvous is a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone with a large family. Gas mileage isn't that bad either, my gma averages 23-26 (80% city driving/20% hwy driving).

Favorite Features

Parking Sensors, Radio, Heated Seats, Leather Seats, 3rd row

Suggested Improvements

Rear Back-Up Camera, More hp for the 3.4 V6

I love the Rendezvous!
By brandonhill17

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grandma's Rendezvous. I drive off and on. She has the CXL model (With every single option!) The only thing it's missing is the HUD. It's very easy to steer, the steering is basically like the old Cadillacs back in the day. (There steering was very smooth you could move it with just a finger) My most favorite thing of it is the factory exhaust sound. The 3.4 V6 exhaust is awesome! The torque is great too! It's 210 ft/lb @ 4,000 rpm. In reality the torque comes in between 1,800-4,000 rpm. It's a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone! The cost to insure it, is VERY cheap!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

I'm not really sure! A rear-back camera would be nice!

Excellent SUV
By scherbs

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. I purchased it new and now have over 86,000 miles on it. Had zero problems with it. I would buy another one if they still built them. Since GM doesn't build them any more I bought an Enclave and it too is an excellent vehicle.

Favorite Features

Versatility. The seats and visability are excellent. Realiability is great. It is large enough to haul whatever and doesn't compromise comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Speedometer visability

2004 Buick rendevous
By buickjunk1

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Thought all the bugs would be gone by the 3rd year. Problems with brakes at 25k miles, window wiring, transmission at 79k miles, fuel tank and we will see what is next.. I felt good about buying a buick, but now I will never purchase one again. Probably done with GM. Sad the American car keeps on disappointing.

Favorite Features

Stereo and video system is pretty nice in the CXL series. Like the bucket seat option. Dual air system.

Suggested Improvements

Buick needs to come forward with the design problems on this vehicle and hone up to the buyers. Transmission problem is the one that has pissed me off.

Speedomenter view issues
By beall2141

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 2004 Rendezvous for the all over performance, smooth ride and storage capability. It's a good family car. There is one design flaw that needs to be fixed: Speedometer has a silver background and black numbers. During dawn/twilight, it is nearly impossible to see the numbers. The black fades into the silver. During these light conditions, there is no way to see my speed and other guages.

Favorite Features

Removal passenger back seats. And, the storage.

Suggested Improvements

Change drivers dash to contrasting colors, i.e., black/white.