Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

2004 Buick Rendezvous CXL
By brandonhill18

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought her Rendezvous brand new back in July of 2003. It's been to Flordia, Texas, Arizona, etc... It's fully loaded (CXL), although it's missing roughly 4-5 features. As far as reliability goes, it's not that bad. It starts up every single time no matter how cold it is. Sadly it's starting to break down. Within the past 6 years, parts have been going out, or just not working at all. But hey it's a 10 year old car, and the parts are not going to last forever. The Rendezvous is a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone with a large family. Gas mileage isn't that bad either, my gma averages 23-26 (80% city driving/20% hwy driving).

Favorite Features

Parking Sensors, Radio, Heated Seats, Leather Seats, 3rd row

Suggested Improvements

Rear Back-Up Camera, More hp for the 3.4 V6

I love the Rendezvous!
By brandonhill17

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grandma's Rendezvous. I drive off and on. She has the CXL model (With every single option!) The only thing it's missing is the HUD. It's very easy to steer, the steering is basically like the old Cadillacs back in the day. (There steering was very smooth you could move it with just a finger) My most favorite thing of it is the factory exhaust sound. The 3.4 V6 exhaust is awesome! The torque is great too! It's 210 ft/lb @ 4,000 rpm. In reality the torque comes in between 1,800-4,000 rpm. It's a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone! The cost to insure it, is VERY cheap!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

I'm not really sure! A rear-back camera would be nice!

Excellent SUV
By scherbs

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. I purchased it new and now have over 86,000 miles on it. Had zero problems with it. I would buy another one if they still built them. Since GM doesn't build them any more I bought an Enclave and it too is an excellent vehicle.

Favorite Features

Versatility. The seats and visability are excellent. Realiability is great. It is large enough to haul whatever and doesn't compromise comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Speedometer visability

Great Car
By cheri_gossett

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Over all my car has been great. I bought the car 5 years old with 110K. I now have over 185k and no major problems.

2004 rendezvous fuel lines
By rene15

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I noticed strong odor of gas and the next day it wouldn't start. The car had to be towed to a mechanic who works on Rendezvous. The fuel lines are rotten and trying to get the parts seems to be impossible, GM has a national backorder, the car has been there for a week. When I called Buick and GM they keep insinuating that the car should be at a dealership. I feel frustrated and like I am going around a corporate spiral swirling around and around never getting anywhere. I really want to buy american. The next time I will investigate more thoroughly the customer service aspect.