2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
2004 Buick Rendezvous CXL
By brandonhill18 on 04/22/14 07:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought her Rendezvous brand new back in July of 2003. It's been to Flordia, Texas, Arizona, etc... It's fully loaded (CXL), although it's missing roughly 4-5 features. As far as reliability goes, it's not that bad. It starts up every single time no matter how cold it is. Sadly it's starting to break down. Within the past 6 years, parts have been going out, or just not working at all. But hey it's a 10 year old car, and the parts are not going to last forever. The Rendezvous is a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone with a large family. Gas mileage isn't that bad either, my gma averages 23-26 (80% city driving/20% hwy driving).

I love the Rendezvous!
By brandonhill17 on 11/03/13 17:36 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grandma's Rendezvous. I drive off and on. She has the CXL model (With every single option!) The only thing it's missing is the HUD. It's very easy to steer, the steering is basically like the old Cadillacs back in the day. (There steering was very smooth you could move it with just a finger) My most favorite thing of it is the factory exhaust sound. The 3.4 V6 exhaust is awesome! The torque is great too! It's 210 ft/lb @ 4,000 rpm. In reality the torque comes in between 1,800-4,000 rpm. It's a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone! The cost to insure it, is VERY cheap!

Excellent SUV
By scherbs on 04/16/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. I purchased it new and now have over 86,000 miles on it. Had zero problems with it. I would buy another one if they still built them. Since GM doesn't build them any more I bought an Enclave and it too is an excellent vehicle.

Great Car
By cheri_gossett on 04/11/13 20:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Over all my car has been great. I bought the car 5 years old with 110K. I now have over 185k and no major problems.

2004 rendezvous fuel lines
By rene15 on 10/01/11 10:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I noticed strong odor of gas and the next day it wouldn't start. The car had to be towed to a mechanic who works on Rendezvous. The fuel lines are rotten and trying to get the parts seems to be impossible, GM has a national backorder, the car has been there for a week. When I called Buick and GM they keep insinuating that the car should be at a dealership. I feel frustrated and like I am going around a corporate spiral swirling around and around never getting anywhere. I really want to buy american. The next time I will investigate more thoroughly the customer service aspect.

2004 Buick rendevous
By buickjunk1 on 04/16/11 13:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Thought all the bugs would be gone by the 3rd year. Problems with brakes at 25k miles, window wiring, transmission at 79k miles, fuel tank and we will see what is next.. I felt good about buying a buick, but now I will never purchase one again. Probably done with GM. Sad the American car keeps on disappointing.

Speedomenter view issues
By beall2141 on 01/09/11 13:13 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 2004 Rendezvous for the all over performance, smooth ride and storage capability. It's a good family car. There is one design flaw that needs to be fixed: Speedometer has a silver background and black numbers. During dawn/twilight, it is nearly impossible to see the numbers. The black fades into the silver. During these light conditions, there is no way to see my speed and other guages.

great suv
By nana on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my suv new in jan 2004 and i now have over 191,000 miles..just put the first battery on it still had the original..no major issues just normal work down..I cant complain..I've owned 2 buick now and they both have been great vehicles and very reliable

2004 Rendezvous Ultra
By dr_rick on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Ultra in 2007 with 80K on it; put another 60K on it in three years. Has room similar to a minivan, but with better handling, and a 3rd row seat. The 3.6L engine is unusually advanced for a GM product; behaves more like a Honda motor and pulls my 21ft bass boat with no trouble. No problems with the climate control system or AWD powertrain. Wheel bearings wore out relatively early and recently the pneumatic ride control system quit. Fuel economy is not that great, but the VVT mechanism is sensitive to oil quality, and I suspect the O2 sensors have exceeded their life expectancy. In retrospect, I would probably purchase it again if I had similar requirements.

It's falling apart
By big dawg on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had hoped to keep this car for a long time but it's slowly falling apart. Part of it is the salt in our region. The rotors rust and wear out the brakes/rotors prematurely. The bearing hubs have been replaced. Control arm bushings don't last and the AWD actuator had to be replaced.The racheting device on the seatbelts caused the belts to tear and need to be replaced. It's constantly being repaired and I no longer trust it except for trips around town. The quality of the suspension/drive train parts is not good. It does have a nice ride and nice stereo and room to take my 90 lb German Shepherd but I think I may look at a Nissan, Toyota or Honda to replace it. American cars= no good.