2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
2004 Buick Rendezvous CXL
By brandonhill18 on 04/22/14 07:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought her Rendezvous brand new back in July of 2003. It's been to Flordia, Texas, Arizona, etc... It's fully loaded (CXL), although it's missing roughly 4-5 features. As far as reliability goes, it's not that bad. It starts up every single time no matter how cold it is. Sadly it's starting to break down. Within the past 6 years, parts have been going out, or just not working at all. But hey it's a 10 year old car, and the parts are not going to last forever. The Rendezvous is a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone with a large family. Gas mileage isn't that bad either, my gma averages 23-26 (80% city driving/20% hwy driving).

I love the Rendezvous!
By brandonhill17 on 11/03/13 17:36 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grandma's Rendezvous. I drive off and on. She has the CXL model (With every single option!) The only thing it's missing is the HUD. It's very easy to steer, the steering is basically like the old Cadillacs back in the day. (There steering was very smooth you could move it with just a finger) My most favorite thing of it is the factory exhaust sound. The 3.4 V6 exhaust is awesome! The torque is great too! It's 210 ft/lb @ 4,000 rpm. In reality the torque comes in between 1,800-4,000 rpm. It's a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone! The cost to insure it, is VERY cheap!

Excellent SUV
By scherbs on 04/16/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. I purchased it new and now have over 86,000 miles on it. Had zero problems with it. I would buy another one if they still built them. Since GM doesn't build them any more I bought an Enclave and it too is an excellent vehicle.

2004 Buick rendevous
By buickjunk1 on 04/16/11 13:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Thought all the bugs would be gone by the 3rd year. Problems with brakes at 25k miles, window wiring, transmission at 79k miles, fuel tank and we will see what is next.. I felt good about buying a buick, but now I will never purchase one again. Probably done with GM. Sad the American car keeps on disappointing.

Speedomenter view issues
By beall2141 on 01/09/11 13:13 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 2004 Rendezvous for the all over performance, smooth ride and storage capability. It's a good family car. There is one design flaw that needs to be fixed: Speedometer has a silver background and black numbers. During dawn/twilight, it is nearly impossible to see the numbers. The black fades into the silver. During these light conditions, there is no way to see my speed and other guages.

great suv
By nana on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my suv new in jan 2004 and i now have over 191,000 miles..just put the first battery on it still had the original..no major issues just normal work down..I cant complain..I've owned 2 buick now and they both have been great vehicles and very reliable

Reliability still an issue
By niaomiya on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Major problems! When 2 yrs old, car died on freeway for no reason at all. Dies if I turn steering wheel too hard while backing up. Sometimes computer will unlock doors when I turn off engine and remove key (like it's supposed to), and sometimes it doesn't want to let me out. The right blinker all of a sudden started going at warp speed, then went back to normal a couple wks later, now it's back to superfast. Lumbar support dial on driver's seat keeps falling off. Rear hatch interior pulldown handle broke when I had car < a yr. Rear vents broke in < a yr, will blow air but won't hold position. Computer doesn't always remember radio presets, very temperamental! Obviously, quality issues!!

great vehicle
By walt on 06/21/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm closing in on 80,000 miles with no reliability issues. Great comfort and visibility with lower sills and broad mirrors. Gas mileage has averaged a composite 23 mpg (less when highway driving at 75+ mph.) Our second row captains chairs have on occasion been removed to allow surprisingly bulky cargo loads. Sorry I can't buy another new one.

CHEAPLY made car, story of GM's life
By ihateGM on 05/21/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for going on 4 years now. A/c problems, both front wheel hubs broke, both front power window components broke. Now the back 2 Windows are starting to make the same noises so I'm sure they are about to break also. Same problems my 89 Buick had plus 2 other people I know. Back passenger door hinge is messed up and door barely shuts. Starting to shift funny so I see transmission problems very soon. Very poor horsepower. Awful resale value (I see why). Loud road noise. Gets blown all over the road in wind. Don't buy a gm! Many people I know have similar problems with their GMs not just Buick. Cheap parts. No Wonder they are bankrupt. You reap what you sow!

Not what we expected
By Jonathan on 11/14/09 06:05 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When originally shopping for our family SUV we never expected we'd end up with a Buick Rendezvous. However, after seeing so many SUVs with the boring dark gray interior we finally looked at one and fell in love the with spacious interior, comfortable captain seats and smooth ride. A year into ownership we started experiencing issues. Both wheel bearings went under 60,000 miles costing $400 each. Break pads and rotors had to be changed every 6-9 months because they kept warping (another pricey repair). The handle on the rear hatch door broke as well, making it harder for my wife to close. The nail in the coffin was the transmission starting to slip at just 71,000 miles!