Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Do Not Buy
By zp1151

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned this car and model for over 3 years now, I have seen some things that scare the living crap out of me when driving this car now. The car seems to be slowly falling apart and breaking piece by piece. The AWD Disabled light comes on at least 4-7 times monthly which is indicating that the cars wheel bearing has been broken so the wheels could potentially lock up at any given moment while driving. The air conditioning vents have been leaking gas fumes into my car even though I have taken it to get fixed many times for that reason. So many things are wrong with this car so don't bother buying one and save your money for a Non Buick automobile.

Favorite Features

The gas gauge is faulty and moves closer to E when on a downward slope with the car and on an upward slope, the gauge moves closer to F. The car is a piece of crap honestly. No resale value on these at all either.

Suggested Improvements

To stop making these models and invest in a non Buick car. Save yourself time, money, and all the countless and expensive shop trips.

2004 Buick Rendezvous CXL
By brandonhill18

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought her Rendezvous brand new back in July of 2003. It's been to Flordia, Texas, Arizona, etc... It's fully loaded (CXL), although it's missing roughly 4-5 features. As far as reliability goes, it's not that bad. It starts up every single time no matter how cold it is. Sadly it's starting to break down. Within the past 6 years, parts have been going out, or just not working at all. But hey it's a 10 year old car, and the parts are not going to last forever. The Rendezvous is a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone with a large family. Gas mileage isn't that bad either, my gma averages 23-26 (80% city driving/20% hwy driving).

Favorite Features

Parking Sensors, Radio, Heated Seats, Leather Seats, 3rd row

Suggested Improvements

Rear Back-Up Camera, More hp for the 3.4 V6

I love the Rendezvous!
By brandonhill17

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grandma's Rendezvous. I drive off and on. She has the CXL model (With every single option!) The only thing it's missing is the HUD. It's very easy to steer, the steering is basically like the old Cadillacs back in the day. (There steering was very smooth you could move it with just a finger) My most favorite thing of it is the factory exhaust sound. The 3.4 V6 exhaust is awesome! The torque is great too! It's 210 ft/lb @ 4,000 rpm. In reality the torque comes in between 1,800-4,000 rpm. It's a great SUV, and I recommend it to anyone! The cost to insure it, is VERY cheap!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

I'm not really sure! A rear-back camera would be nice!

Excellent SUV
By scherbs

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. I purchased it new and now have over 86,000 miles on it. Had zero problems with it. I would buy another one if they still built them. Since GM doesn't build them any more I bought an Enclave and it too is an excellent vehicle.

Favorite Features

Versatility. The seats and visability are excellent. Realiability is great. It is large enough to haul whatever and doesn't compromise comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Speedometer visability

Great Car
By cheri_gossett

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Over all my car has been great. I bought the car 5 years old with 110K. I now have over 185k and no major problems.