Very sorry we bought this vehicle
By MomofthreePA on
2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
We purchased our Rendezvous with just 16,000 miles due to our growing family. At 24,000 miles replaced intake manifold (it was out of warranty because 3 years had passed since it went into service). This cost $1,200. 12,000 miles later it had to be replaced again, the dealer charged a "discounted rate" of $800.00. Then a window would not come up, and the cost came to over $400.00. At 51,000 miles the first of two wheel bearings went, now the AWD Disable light is on and we are waiting for an estimate for repair of it and yet another wheel bearing. What a nightmare. The car has 52,000 miles and has cost us thousands in repairs, wrote to GM with no response.
Favorite Features
Comfortable inside and roomy unless you are using the third row.
Suggested Improvements
GM should refund repair costs for known defects.
By renabostwick
on 03/25/14 00:09 AM (PDT)

**** solution for overheating**** well I have 118,000 miles on my 2003 rendezvous I have had it for 2 and a half yrs only put in upkeep oil change, tires..brakes..then a week ago the red light came on the guage in the red, I pulled over let it sit and made it home without it overheating again...I bought a new radiator, for I knew mine had a very small leak. my boyfriend is a car guy, so he put it in..still the next day I pulled over 3 times on way to work...I just had water pump replaced under warrenty about a month before. so we put thermastat in. still same problems..he became very frustrated. yesterday..got a sensor put it in...still light came on...then we bought Zerex radiator super cleaner...and downloaded from all data online draining and filling cooling system. it gives complete directions how to drain properly under the engine block there are 2 bleeder valves there was tons of gunk in there...then you have to put proper amount of antifreeze in. its VERY specific...and the rendevous is very touchy...after following this...no light no overheating!! :) I hope this works for anyone having these problems!!! remember when light comes on make sure you pull over...if you keep driving..it'll crack engine block!