Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Money pit
By stephanie

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this used at 38,000 miles from someone smart enough to dump it before it started falling apart. Replaced front wheel bearings at 42,000 and 45,000 miles. The head gasket was replaced last month at 83,000 miles after dealer misdiagnosed the problem twice. The load leveler would not stop running (at 75,000 miles) so we pulled the fuse and replaced it to stop the noise. Dealer advised that unless we fix it, the rear air-filled shocks will fail. We have already spent too much replacing things too soon. Recently replaced rear wheel bearings (great design those sealed bearings, not!). It is currently at the dealer again for other problems. So sorry we bought this. No more GMs.

Favorite Features

We were really impressed with initial gas mileage. We got 20 city/ 26 highway. We get 16 city / 20 highway now if we are lucky.

Suggested Improvements

Buick has discontinued the model. I wonder why? GM just needs to make it right for the people that own this car. It is not unreasonable to expect these to last over 100,000 miles given their cost.

Virtually flawless as the miles pile-on
By Dave

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2WD-CXL - Mar 2003. I average about 11000 miles per year. 5 yrs later, no mech problems; tires & brakes in excellent shape. All fluids (ABS,p/s, coolant, oil, trans) were changed 3 wks ago. My family & I enjoyed 10 days through the Desert Southwest including TX, NM, & AZ. The highlights were The Grand Canyon & Tombstone. Smooth, comfortable, trouble free, 22-25 miles/gal - 75 mph avg; car was fully loaded! Maintain, rotate tires, wash & wax, change all fluids as scheduled, and you, too, can enjoy a terrific SUV. Summertime, I tow the jetski to and from many lakes. I almost traded for an Enclave. My SUV is paid-for & still looks brand new. Wife talked me out of it. Thanks!

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, front-end appearance, stereo, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard looks "cheap".Controls and appearance were improved in later models. The Enclave is really attractive inside and out! More power, but the 3.4 V6 does do well with gas more than $3 a gallon

Engine Reliability
By JM

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used at 33k. Head gasket replaced at 40K at dealer expense. Since then a number of catastrophic failures - 3 different rocker arms and one cylinder head have been replaced. Afraid to drive other than locally. GM needs to stand behing their cars that have these sorts of problems

Favorite Features

Sound system, heads up display, parking sensors, memory seats

Suggested Improvements

Engine is underpowered

Rendezvous with the family
By Jim

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great family car, that fits everyone comfortably. Not a sports car by any means, but fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The speed reflection on the front winshield is very handy.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof shade needs to be opened when the sunroof is opened automatically.

Totally cool, great vehicle
By Sylvester

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really don't get all of you complaining about the speed of the vehicle. I can always enter onto any freeway going atleast 65-70 mph. My truck pratically drives it self. My truck is way fast. Yes, side mirrors do cause a blind spot. You just have to double check (all the time) & it might be only a problem for short people. Thank you all & have a great safe life!!

Favorite Features

Everything is OK