2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Not a winter vehicle
By michcar on 02/02/05 22:24 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Rendezvous is a nice vehicle. Not flashy, not particularly cool, but nice. The storage in the front console is roomy and holds just about anything. The storage under the console is nice for CDs or maps. The one drawback for me is the drivability in the snow. This is the base model with traction control, although what traction it's controlling is beyond me. I'm used to 4wd or awd vehicles, so this one is an adventure. I would not recommend it for anyone who has to drive in ice/snow conditions.

Bought It
By Rick on 01/28/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife's lease vehicle.I liked it so much I bought it after the lease ended.Paid $5000. less than the residual/buyout price.I have been driving an Audi A6 @.7tt. This certainly pales in comparison power wise.I like the console and storage spaces, driving position and overall driving comfort. Not fun but very competent.

Better than I thought
By Mike on 12/31/04 16:36 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this SUV for my wife and she totally loves it. I have grown to appreciate it as well except for the sqeaks from the dash that the dealer says they cannot hear?? I bought this one with almost every option available. It would have been simpler to purchase a CXL that has the same options standard!

Just like the one my Daddy drove
By msmucci on 12/01/04 16:25 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part I love my SUV. It's very comfortable, the seats are soo soft. It handles well. The gas mileage, well, I get 250 mi to a tank in the city a little more on the hwy. My biggest disappointment was that I was told that I could purchase the 3rd row seat later. However, when I went back to purchase it, I was told that you can not purchase the 3rd row seat after the fact it must be purchased when you purchase the vehicle. I have called Buick, GMAC and many dealerships and this is the case. So if you have a CX model and want the 3rd row seat, you will have to have it installed by someone who customizes trucks.

Buick
By klos on 11/09/04 14:00 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is versatile - big enough for people and sports gear and can still fit into any parking space. Fun w/ surprisingly positive fuel economy. I have been nothing but pleased with this vehicle and with my selling dealer. Although I bought and have 0% for 5 years, I will probably purchase another Rendezvous before they stop making them!

Seems great to me
By KrisB55 on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

For the size of the vehicle, it handles really well and is quite comfortable. I have had several SUV's and find this one to have the least 'truck-like' ride. Great vehicle.

Rendez Vous
By Brian Eidson on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I like driving the 2003 Rendez- vous. It's comfortable and typically enjoyable to drive.

Don't buy it!
By D.B. on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This expensive SUV is a dog with a jerky GM transmission, shoddy interior construction, high body repair costs, wrose-than-usual SUV rear blind spots, and a "tippy" high center of gravity. I inherited this from a relative, had to have a deep, long scratch on the driver's side repaired (total cost over $5K), and then traded it in (in excellent condition after repair, with low mileage) for $3000 less than Blue Book. Why do you think they're giving $5000 rebates on the 2005s? Nobody will buy these things, and I wouldn't be suprised if they are discontinued soon. It's an Edsel, folks!

Shame on GM
By Sposse on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is severely underpowered considering the poor gas mileage I get with it. The interior is nice and spacious. The passenger rear door often doesn't close properly and hasn't since the day I bought it. GM says it's an air pressure issue?!? Finally, I had the roof rack rip off at 40 mph loaded within owner's manuals specs. Again GM claims no responsibility.

Perfect
By Frogjameez on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I needed something much bigger than our Cavalier to haul our 3 year old, 2 dogs, backpacking equipment and building supplies. This vehicle was the perfect choice. It is extremely comfortable, very nice ride, corners way better than a Cavalier and has TONS of storage space. My husbands dad works for GM, so the discounts and incentives we got on this vehicle are incredible. The gas mileage is pretty darn good for an SUV, but what they don't tell you is how much less you get in the winter, granted this is MN, but I had no idea that the cold weather would have such an impact on the gas mileage. Needless to say though, I love it!!