Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Very Satisfied
By zeke

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car had 18,000 miles on it when purchased. It is one of the best cars I've owned so far. We took it to CA and averaged 27+MPG. Only had one small problem, so far, still under warranty. Every one remarks about the ride, and handling. Due to my job, I drive around 20 different cars a day, and if I drive a Rendezvous there is a different feeling about them. I occasionally pull a cargo trailer,and it does a great job, but just slightly under powered. I have the third seat but don't use it. Has plenty of cargo room for me. I purchase it because of the positive reviews that I read.

Comfort. Easy to get in and out of. Handling. Roominess on second row seats

Better dash lighting during daylight. Brakes could be a little more responsive.

Maintenance
By Chris

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Rendezvous used with 13K on it and couldn't be happier. I have loaded 50 bags of mulch in it, moved furniture, TVs, and an assortment of other things that I could not fit into our minivan. The key thing to any car's reliabilty is maintenance. Oil changes regularly, transmission flushed once a year and don't drive it like a sportscar because it ain't one. Simple rules to follow to keep your car performing at 80K plus and still going strong.

No problems so far
By been good to me

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 3 years bought it with 35,000 on it. I've since put another 75,000 and it still runs well. No serious problems. I love driving it. Everyone I know that has one says that they love it.

Reverse sensors

Window regulator clips should be more sturdy. Knob for adjusting lumbar support breaks too easily

Bought it used.
By Joey

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I like the vehicle a lot. My only problem is the fact that it suddenly depriciated. Now I am upside down with payments and cannot think of buying something new until it's near paid off.

Comfort, cargo space

Looks more like a minivan than SUV. More leg room on front passenger side - 6'2 and my knees press the glove box.

Never Again!!
By Karma

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Buick brand new for my wife and just traded it in. Took a huge loss but was glad just to get rid of it. Ball joints, transmission, engine gaskets,etc. Left us stranded on the road at least 6 times. Would not start after you shut it off. Dealer said it was a switch but I told them it was the fuel pump. Changed switch 3 times and still the same hunk of junk. Traded it in with only 40,000 miles on it. Lift gate latch had to be replaced and the windows wouldn't work. Trash, trash, trash. Never again GM, never again. I should have learned my lesson after the Jimmy I bought. I will drive a Kia before I ever by a GM!!!

None

Give up GM, the Foreigners have you beat by a country mile!

• SUV