2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Not completely happy with RDV quality
By Tracey on 12/02/05 10:20 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2003 Rendezvous on October 8. It has been in the garage 2 times in 2 months. Had to have the fuel tank gauge sensor replaced and also the Intake Manifold was just replaced due to leaking back into the engine. So much for the 110 point GM Certified Inspection. I have also been having issues with starting the veh as the ignition doesn't want to release once the vehicle is started, it sometimes continues to crank. I was told that this is normal in GM products manufactured since 2003. Not sure that we will ever buy a Buick product again.

Not Buicks best effort
By autoworker239 on 11/15/05 18:19 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is plagued with problems ranging from annoying to down right dangerous. Newer versions have corrected some of the problems but some of the more serious ones still remain including premature wheel hub failures, faulty wiring and bad transmissions. If you insist on buying one you'd better purchase the extended warranty and towing insurance because you're going to need it.

Disappointed
By RebeccaD on 11/14/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love at first sight. Problems after manufacturer warranty expired have included failure & replacement of both front tire hubs (one of them replaced twice), Power steering pump replaced three times, Heater control unit shorted out. I have filed a safety complaint w/NHTSA lots more there, please read. Buick Rendezvous has had a lot of problems. Through persistant investigation on my part, I've found that the tire hub appears to be defective, GM is now getting this part from a new supplier. At first we loved this car but will never buy another Rendezvous maybe never another Buick at all. The dealership has been good & has made all repairs at no cost to us even though we are past the mileage warranty.

Made in Mexico
By unhappy in ohio on 10/29/05 23:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Rides wonderful except for noise in rear end when going over joints on highway. Dealer can't fix, big outer mirrors easy to use, plenty of room in front and second row, third row useless except for lepricons. Sometimes it doesn't know who is driving forgets to reset seat and mirrors. Has some problems cropping up, noise from front wheels, suspect bearings.

This vehicle is great!
By David on 06/29/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Definitely a great SUV. Comfortable to ride in, roomy and gets good gas mileage. I get about 400 miles to a tank. Not too shabby! Wheel bearing on left did go out after warranty but luckily I purchased the extended warranty. Also hit a deer with it. It's fixed now, but the damage was minimal due to the sturdy build and great crash test ratings. I love it, love it love it!

Extended Warranty Required
By Robert on 05/23/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A great SUV....but it does have its quirks. At 37,123 (after the warranty) the left wheel bearing (lots of this according to GM and Buick) went out and the headers leak coolant. In for repairs, a major expense but I had Extended Coverage and saved BIG money. I am told that A/C goes out frequently also. Cannot customize factory presets. Annoying. Can't adjust door locks or running lamps or other warnings or features. Buick decided for you.

Horrible vehicle
By Mary Scott on 03/03/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had nothing but one problem after the other. The First year we have had the front end aligned 5 times & purchase new tires, A/C motor replaced, reinstalled front fender assembly 2 times (plastic push pins), heater core replaced, back hatch recall. The dang thing will not move on snow or wet ground. It has spun me around backwards while going down the road 2 times. No power, bad mpg. Bad road & wind noise. I get a horrible back ache if I drive it over 2 hours. My Oldsmobile would hold more in the trunk than this thing will in the back seat and cargo. Cannot see out of it. I never park where I have to back up. Big mirrors that are useless except for blind spot. Dangerous vehicle

OK, would not purchase another
By Niki Whitt on 02/17/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Buick in the shop SEVERAL times - for everything from brake problems, to a water leak, to a leak in the seal around the fuel tank. I'm not sure if all the problems are with the car or the mechanics at the dealership. Buick has been of no help what so ever. I loved the look and feel of the car when we bought it but after all the trouble, I will never buy another.

Buick has a way to go.
By sabe on 02/11/05 16:24 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I want to like this car, but I'm having problems getting excited about it. That in a nutshell is the good and bad of the Buick Rendezvous. I also own a BMW 325 convertible and when I drive that car I feel like I own the road. I'm king of the hill and a lot of people look at me with a glimmer of envy in their eyes. When I drive the Buick the only thing I'm King of is the radio and if people bother looking at me I feel like the only thing I see in their eyes is a look of pity and curiousity at the kind of person who would buy this funny looking SUV.

What was I thinking?
By Chad on 02/05/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it fully loaded for $34K. In two years the trade-in value is $13K. YIKES! This vehicle is a horrible value, and way under powered. Only 185hp. Can you say 'slug'? Third row is useless. We have to have people go in from the back and climb over the seat. Not too functional. And when the seat is up, you can only fit a couple of bags behind the seat. Have been trying to work some magic and trade it in for a 2005 Odyssey. But I really don't want to eat $6K on the trade! Looks like I will have to hang in there for a little longer and try to get it even. Please do not buy a Rendezvous! Do your checkbook and your family a favor and buy something with lasting value and function!