Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Maintenance
By Chris

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Rendezvous used with 13K on it and couldn't be happier. I have loaded 50 bags of mulch in it, moved furniture, TVs, and an assortment of other things that I could not fit into our minivan. The key thing to any car's reliabilty is maintenance. Oil changes regularly, transmission flushed once a year and don't drive it like a sportscar because it ain't one. Simple rules to follow to keep your car performing at 80K plus and still going strong.

No problems so far
By been good to me

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 3 years bought it with 35,000 on it. I've since put another 75,000 and it still runs well. No serious problems. I love driving it. Everyone I know that has one says that they love it.

Reverse sensors

Window regulator clips should be more sturdy. Knob for adjusting lumbar support breaks too easily

Bought it used.
By Joey

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I like the vehicle a lot. My only problem is the fact that it suddenly depriciated. Now I am upside down with payments and cannot think of buying something new until it's near paid off.

Comfort, cargo space

Looks more like a minivan than SUV. More leg room on front passenger side - 6'2 and my knees press the glove box.

Never Again!!
By Karma

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Buick brand new for my wife and just traded it in. Took a huge loss but was glad just to get rid of it. Ball joints, transmission, engine gaskets,etc. Left us stranded on the road at least 6 times. Would not start after you shut it off. Dealer said it was a switch but I told them it was the fuel pump. Changed switch 3 times and still the same hunk of junk. Traded it in with only 40,000 miles on it. Lift gate latch had to be replaced and the windows wouldn't work. Trash, trash, trash. Never again GM, never again. I should have learned my lesson after the Jimmy I bought. I will drive a Kia before I ever by a GM!!!

None

Give up GM, the Foreigners have you beat by a country mile!

What a mistake
By jb

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Mechanically the worst car I ever owned. The only saving grace was that I purchased the 100K mile warranty. Otherwise it would have cost me thousands in repairs after 60K mile warranty expired. Front wheel bearings (known issue), intake manifold (known issue), excessive inside tire wear (alignments did not help), heater blower (3 times), sheared bolts and head replacements.

I got rid of it.

Forget the bells and whistles and build a mechanically sound, reliable vehicle.