Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Run away as fast as you can!
By Alconik

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I loved the Buick when we got it. Great for our 3 boys. Very nice inside and out, then it got some mileage. If you plan on putting more than 75000mi on this car, do not buy a Rendezvous! Great car up to 75k after that: ABS-Traction Control( caused accident as it went out during hard braking), driver window, door locks, power mirrors, switches and engine blew at 103k. Replaced engine and now it is totally impossible to fill coolant at home. Also, it gets horrible gas mileage, worse than my 94 Mustang Cobra! Do not buy a Rendezvous!

Suggested Improvements

Put some quality into your vehicles

Great Vehicle-Certainly Worth Purchase
By Mom of 3

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new in 2002 & it now has 84,000 miles. Only had to replace wheel bearings (just recently) and am having fuel line replaced (recall). Other than that, just regular maintenance. My family loves this vehicle and it is still as much fun to drive as the day I bought it.

Favorite Features

Room, exterior design, exterior color

Suggested Improvements

Cargo space with 3rd row seat is extremely limited. Just another 6 inches would make a huge difference.

Falling Fast
By MJ

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle used with 26K miles on it in Nov. of '05, and liked it quite a bit originally. Unfortunately, the longer we have had it, the more cheaply made it seems. Not a lot of problems mechanically with this car through the 3 years I have owned it, but little stuff: windows always squeal, leather strap to close hatch broke within a couple months of owning, rear wiper has never worked correctly. Tires lose pressure. Now I feel the tranny is slipping, and warranty expires in 3 days. Was told at the dealership they can't find anything wrong, and I can't trade this in, because I can't afford the negative equity

Favorite Features

Third row seat (though it is really only large enough for children). Stereo is okay, but rear speakers have never worked.

Suggested Improvements

Buick stopped making the Rendezvous- nuff said. Though the fact that loyal customers got hosed with all the negative equity on a vehicle that should have lasted at least past the 75K warranty, does not reflect well on GM. . .

Nagging repairs
By Jerry from Wisconsin

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2003 Rendezvous used with 38K on it. Replaced both wheel bearings, had to buy new front rotors, the sunglass visor broke twice, the hinge on the glove box also broke. Also replaced both front door power window motors. Brakes / front wheels make noises when coming to stop. I am trading in soon. No more GM's for me even though my nephew works at Firestone and said GM's are best American vehicles.

Favorite Features

Large cargo area in back holds baseball equipment.

Suggested Improvements

Discontinue product. Oh wait, they already did that!

Very Satisfied
By zeke

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car had 18,000 miles on it when purchased. It is one of the best cars I've owned so far. We took it to CA and averaged 27+MPG. Only had one small problem, so far, still under warranty. Every one remarks about the ride, and handling. Due to my job, I drive around 20 different cars a day, and if I drive a Rendezvous there is a different feeling about them. I occasionally pull a cargo trailer,and it does a great job, but just slightly under powered. I have the third seat but don't use it. Has plenty of cargo room for me. I purchase it because of the positive reviews that I read.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Easy to get in and out of. Handling. Roominess on second row seats

Suggested Improvements

Better dash lighting during daylight. Brakes could be a little more responsive.