2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Very disappointed
By CX 4DR SUV on 07/30/07 21:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this vehicle in January 07, by July 07, we've already had some serious problems. First was the Security light kept coming on, was told it was a battery problem but to have the diagnostics on the vehicle checked out was costly just to have to change the battery. Next was the window, went down wouldn't go back up cost me$430 to get the regulator replaced. I've read a lot on the Rendezvous and the windows are a hugh problem and very costly. Also, not nearly enough room in the driver's seat and the seatbelts are not roomy enough and the radio keeps changing stations. We have been very disappointed so far and hope this SUV doesn't end up costing us a fortune.

3-1/2 years and still enjoying the ride!
By JJ on 07/28/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable, decent fuel economy, 3rd row seat helps when hauling kids, AWD for the winter and a comfortable ride. This has been a great addition to the family.

Excellent SUV
By alley on 06/24/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. Very comfortable to drive and ride in. Love the third row option. Could be a bit more snazzy and cool. Have made some good improvements since I purchased though. Friends still refer to it as a minivan despite SUV title.

Excellent Vehicle
By K. Peterson on 04/07/07 13:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Redezvous is a great veichle to drive. The truck is more like a luxury minivan, it has everything that someone looking for luxury would want. It drives great, and is perfect for out of town driving.

Never buy this junk
By harminder.s.baidwan on 04/07/07 12:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was the fan and proud to use GM vehicles, but now I will never buy or recommend to buy GM. Can you believe transmission problem at 63,000K.One problem after the another. Tapping noise in the morning and the dealer says it is normal. Does not have enough power. Going on the hill looks likes 4 cylinder car will do better. Bad mileage. Noise from the front wheel, had to replace both bearings. Back latch recall. It should be discontinued. I should have listen to my friend and bought some Japenese car instead. I will never recommend this junk to anybody.

More GM junk
By ken kondrat on 02/10/07 04:25 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle because it has enough head room for me to drive it. I am 6'7" and I do not fit in many vehicles GM makes. The full size pickups have less head room. During warranty they changed 3 front wheel bearings, stereo speakers and 2 starters. Now at 88,000 miles the intake manifold gasket is bad and I am getting quotes from $400.00 to $1200. A piece of Mexican made junk!

Worst Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By John Ashton on 11/29/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is only the second GM vehicle I have ever owned - and the last. The first GM vehicle I owned was a Chevrolet Vega back in the 1970s - enough said - and incredibly, the Rendezvous is even worse! Engine, transmission, AWD drive train, climate control, you name it. I thought in the three decades plus since the Vega, they would have learned how to build cars; no such luck.

American, but not quality
By KEN on 10/09/06 09:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Made in Mexico. Issue with anti-freeze leak, plastic manifold gasket, $700 repair. Wheel bearings sealed, can not be greased, $300 each to replace. Why buy American with poor quality and maintenance issues? The front driver door out of alignment several times. Gas mileage gets worse, replaced computer chip after one year, did better, but now worse.

Unexpected maintenance cost
By 03Rendezvous on 09/03/06 03:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall drive is fun. It feels like a car, but gives you room. Third seat option a must. Only used it a minimum amount of times but it was worth it each time we needed it. It was the highest maintenance cost vehicle we have had in about 15 years. As much as I liked the feel and ride, will not buy another one because of the maintenance cost.

My Opinion of Buick has Slipped
By Jon Tao on 08/01/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new, not knowing it was made in Mexico. Shame on me for not doing my research. At 60k, the intake manifold started leaking and at 84k, the transmission needed major work. I am disappointed. GM needs to do better. It seems that these two problems are very common for this engine and transmission.