Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

I am buying a Honda
By aj

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this with 45000 miles on it and loved it the first 2 years I drove it. So far I have replaced the brakes 3 times (1 front 2 back) then some wire that cost 1.50 but took the dealer 3 days and hundreds of dollars to figure out why it only started when it was cold.The air compresser in back ran all the time and finally I disconneted it. Coolent problems head gasket problems and now front and rear end problems. After 70000 miles this car was getting fixed every other month. It has "nickel and dollared me to death"

Favorite Features

Comfortable and kids each got their own seat. Attractive on outside

Suggested Improvements

GM shouldnt be bankrupt with all the money I have spend fixing this.

Great Veh. Lots room and comfort
By TC

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my vehicle new, it has been a great vehicle. During the warranty period the only issue I had was w/ the fuel tank which has been replace at no cost to me. Currently 104,000 miles on it w/ very little repairs other than regular maintenance. Only area that was a concern and bothersome were the plastic window guides which I have had to replace on all 4 windows.

Favorite Features

Center console has lots of room. Captians chairs in second row make passenger comfort great. 2nd row seats are easy to remove for larger cargo.

Suggested Improvements

When the 3rd row seat is in use you have very little cargo room. Headlamps have the turn signal w/ a flat surface that is horizontal to the ground and will take a beating from the sun/elements and deteriorate. But 6 yrs in the AZ sun, its done great.

GM Deserves to go under
By Never Again

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The only other GM product I have owned was a Vega; the Rendezvous is much worse. I complained about groaning hydraulics from day one, but CMP Classic said it was normal. Then the AWD quit, just out of warranty. Both GM and the dealer washed their hands of it. Everything has gone wrong with this piece of rubbish, including the driver's lumbar support exploding while I was on the highway. Acceleration (if you can call it that) comes in intermittent bursts; the transmission doesn't change down until you floor it, then it kicks down into first - all show, no go.

Favorite Features

Nothing that other (Japanes or South Korean) brands don't do MUCH better

Suggested Improvements

Replace it with a used Yugo, and you will have a far better vehicle.

Won't do that again
By charlie_m

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in '04 with 25K miles - needed something that would fit a 6'3 teenage boy. It was great the first year or so, then started nickel-and-diming me. At 125K miles, and nickels and dimes are now up to $1000 repair bills. Poor mileage - gets about 20 mpg average. Cheap interior - coating chips off of radio and climate control knobs No interior release for the rear hatch. Now the exterior release doesn't work. Back seat fold-down handle slips. Can't find replacements anywhere. Replaced both front wheel bearings last year, just replaced rear wheel bearing and cylinder head gasket. Should replace rear suspension knuckles, but I'm still recovering from the head gasket replacement.

Favorite Features

Good head room. DVD player is good for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality for interior parts. Interior release for rear hatch.

The Reason GM is Bankrupt
By Waldo

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just dumped mine. In 4 years: wheel bearing twice (the electronic controls for AWD are in the bearing assembly - a lousy design), heated seat burnt out, spare tire safety mechanism rusted shut (could not get spare out one night), and the best of all - valve lifter bolt sheared out of aluminum head. In the same time frame all I did was change the oil in a Honda Accord. A guy in my office also has 2003 and has had even worse problems including head gasket.

Favorite Features

Heads up display

Suggested Improvements

Let GM go under.