Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Rendez Vous
By Brian Eidson

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I like driving the 2003 Rendez- vous. It's comfortable and typically enjoyable to drive.

Favorite Features

Interior has a lot of room, the ride is very quiet and comfortable. There is a lot of storage space when the seats are taken out of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to have more horsepower leading to better accelaration. The reae seats could be lighter for moving them in and out of the vehicle. Aluminum rims should be offered on the CXL package.

Seems great to me
By KrisB55

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

For the size of the vehicle, it handles really well and is quite comfortable. I have had several SUV's and find this one to have the least 'truck-like' ride. Great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel radio controls, AWD

Suggested Improvements

windshield wipers design

Don't buy it!
By D.B.

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This expensive SUV is a dog with a jerky GM transmission, shoddy interior construction, high body repair costs, wrose-than-usual SUV rear blind spots, and a "tippy" high center of gravity. I inherited this from a relative, had to have a deep, long scratch on the driver's side repaired (total cost over $5K), and then traded it in (in excellent condition after repair, with low mileage) for $3000 less than Blue Book. Why do you think they're giving $5000 rebates on the 2005s? Nobody will buy these things, and I wouldn't be suprised if they are discontinued soon. It's an Edsel, folks!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Replace engine and body with something that drives well and is attractive.

Shame on GM
By Sposse

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is severely underpowered considering the poor gas mileage I get with it. The interior is nice and spacious. The passenger rear door often doesn't close properly and hasn't since the day I bought it. GM says it's an air pressure issue?!? Finally, I had the roof rack rip off at 40 mph loaded within owner's manuals specs. Again GM claims no responsibility.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, memory seats, XM radio, spacious leg room in 2nd row seats.

Suggested Improvements

More power or better gas mileage. Fix design flaws. I'm waiting for the typical GM electrical failures to begin.

Perfect
By Frogjameez

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I needed something much bigger than our Cavalier to haul our 3 year old, 2 dogs, backpacking equipment and building supplies. This vehicle was the perfect choice. It is extremely comfortable, very nice ride, corners way better than a Cavalier and has TONS of storage space. My husbands dad works for GM, so the discounts and incentives we got on this vehicle are incredible. The gas mileage is pretty darn good for an SUV, but what they don't tell you is how much less you get in the winter, granted this is MN, but I had no idea that the cold weather would have such an impact on the gas mileage. Needless to say though, I love it!!

Favorite Features

steering wheel radio controls, backseat arm rests/cup holder, easy to get into yet higher up and most everything else