Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Not a winter vehicle
By michcar

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Rendezvous is a nice vehicle. Not flashy, not particularly cool, but nice. The storage in the front console is roomy and holds just about anything. The storage under the console is nice for CDs or maps. The one drawback for me is the drivability in the snow. This is the base model with traction control, although what traction it's controlling is beyond me. I'm used to 4wd or awd vehicles, so this one is an adventure. I would not recommend it for anyone who has to drive in ice/snow conditions.

Favorite Features

Front console storage, cell phone holder, easy to fold rear seats

Suggested Improvements

When going through a carwash with hi-pressure dryers, the roof of the car buckles. Can actually push it back up with your hand.

Bought It
By Rick

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife's lease vehicle.I liked it so much I bought it after the lease ended.Paid $5000. less than the residual/buyout price.I have been driving an Audi A6 @.7tt. This certainly pales in comparison power wise.I like the console and storage spaces, driving position and overall driving comfort. Not fun but very competent.

Favorite Features

Seats, console,driving position, comfort, DVD, rear park assist. Good cargo space

Suggested Improvements

More power.Gas mileage abysmal for size. Rear hatch needs outside latch. More power. Styling is BOBO on rear half of vehicle. Better radio controls on steering wheel. More power

Better than I thought
By Mike

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this SUV for my wife and she totally loves it. I have grown to appreciate it as well except for the sqeaks from the dash that the dealer says they cannot hear?? I bought this one with almost every option available. It would have been simpler to purchase a CXL that has the same options standard!

Favorite Features

On Star, tight turning circle, I can park this large SUV almost anywhere, comfy leather seats, very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter fan, stricter quality control, more power from the base engine. The competition make 240HP form 3.5 liter engines

Just like the one my Daddy drove
By msmucci

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part I love my SUV. It's very comfortable, the seats are soo soft. It handles well. The gas mileage, well, I get 250 mi to a tank in the city a little more on the hwy. My biggest disappointment was that I was told that I could purchase the 3rd row seat later. However, when I went back to purchase it, I was told that you can not purchase the 3rd row seat after the fact it must be purchased when you purchase the vehicle. I have called Buick, GMAC and many dealerships and this is the case. So if you have a CX model and want the 3rd row seat, you will have to have it installed by someone who customizes trucks.

Favorite Features

I love the controls on the steering wheel. I love that I can raise my seat up or down since I am short.

Suggested Improvements

The sideview mirrors are huge, they could make them a little smaller.

Buick
By klos

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is versatile - big enough for people and sports gear and can still fit into any parking space. Fun w/ surprisingly positive fuel economy. I have been nothing but pleased with this vehicle and with my selling dealer. Although I bought and have 0% for 5 years, I will probably purchase another Rendezvous before they stop making them!

Favorite Features

Split/folding and removeable rear seats, storage in console and for cell phones. Rear seats that recline for happy passengers is great for long road trips and extra tall friends.

Suggested Improvements

Only feature(s) not crazy about are that radio knobs and all other controls are replaced as an entire unit, vs. just replacing the burnt out bulb or paint chipped knob. I also realize that that is a Delphi issue as well as GM for purchasing from Delphi.