Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Extended Warranty Required
By Robert

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A great SUV....but it does have its quirks. At 37,123 (after the warranty) the left wheel bearing (lots of this according to GM and Buick) went out and the headers leak coolant. In for repairs, a major expense but I had Extended Coverage and saved BIG money. I am told that A/C goes out frequently also. Cannot customize factory presets. Annoying. Can't adjust door locks or running lamps or other warnings or features. Buick decided for you.

Favorite Features

Big Seats. These are the best feature. Very comfortable and adjustable. No one has done this better. Easy to drive and snappy response in cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Rear Door (hatch) needs a way to open from the outside using a key. Handle should be usable to open door.

Horrible vehicle
By Mary Scott

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had nothing but one problem after the other. The First year we have had the front end aligned 5 times & purchase new tires, A/C motor replaced, reinstalled front fender assembly 2 times (plastic push pins), heater core replaced, back hatch recall. The dang thing will not move on snow or wet ground. It has spun me around backwards while going down the road 2 times. No power, bad mpg. Bad road & wind noise. I get a horrible back ache if I drive it over 2 hours. My Oldsmobile would hold more in the trunk than this thing will in the back seat and cargo. Cannot see out of it. I never park where I have to back up. Big mirrors that are useless except for blind spot. Dangerous vehicle

Favorite Features

Auto lights (when they work), steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality, more HP, better MPG, not so cheap interior and last but not least, check quality on front ends, better quality tires and safety check things so they are not accidents waiting to happen.

OK, would not purchase another
By Niki Whitt

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Buick in the shop SEVERAL times - for everything from brake problems, to a water leak, to a leak in the seal around the fuel tank. I'm not sure if all the problems are with the car or the mechanics at the dealership. Buick has been of no help what so ever. I loved the look and feel of the car when we bought it but after all the trouble, I will never buy another.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

None

Buick has a way to go.
By sabe

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I want to like this car, but I'm having problems getting excited about it. That in a nutshell is the good and bad of the Buick Rendezvous. I also own a BMW 325 convertible and when I drive that car I feel like I own the road. I'm king of the hill and a lot of people look at me with a glimmer of envy in their eyes. When I drive the Buick the only thing I'm King of is the radio and if people bother looking at me I feel like the only thing I see in their eyes is a look of pity and curiousity at the kind of person who would buy this funny looking SUV.

Favorite Features

Third row seats, steering wheel radio controls and the quietness compared to other SUVs. Also, the controls are logically laid out and I like the tire pressure indicator.

Suggested Improvements

Fit and finish could be improved. Seats could be more comfortable, although they're not as bad as other vehicles. I read that on first inspection the dash appeared attractive but that with time it began to look like cheap plastic. I completely agree with that statement.

What was I thinking?
By Chad

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it fully loaded for $34K. In two years the trade-in value is $13K. YIKES! This vehicle is a horrible value, and way under powered. Only 185hp. Can you say 'slug'? Third row is useless. We have to have people go in from the back and climb over the seat. Not too functional. And when the seat is up, you can only fit a couple of bags behind the seat. Have been trying to work some magic and trade it in for a 2005 Odyssey. But I really don't want to eat $6K on the trade! Looks like I will have to hang in there for a little longer and try to get it even. Please do not buy a Rendezvous! Do your checkbook and your family a favor and buy something with lasting value and function!