Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

I love this car/suv/wagon.
By Jamie

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to have more space for my growing family but I wanted something that was comfortable and not in the van family. I am young and I desire a car that is nice looking and doesn't make me look old. This car is awesome on long road trips. It is so comfortable and it rides like a luxury car. It is elegant and worth the money.

I love the heated seats, heads up display, and the option for the second row to listen to something else then the people in front. I love the amount of space there is and that if the 3rd row isn't being used, it gives a lot of cargo space.

Gas mileage could be so much better.

Not completely happy with RDV quality
By Tracey

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2003 Rendezvous on October 8. It has been in the garage 2 times in 2 months. Had to have the fuel tank gauge sensor replaced and also the Intake Manifold was just replaced due to leaking back into the engine. So much for the 110 point GM Certified Inspection. I have also been having issues with starting the veh as the ignition doesn't want to release once the vehicle is started, it sometimes continues to crank. I was told that this is normal in GM products manufactured since 2003. Not sure that we will ever buy a Buick product again.

I love all of the interior features especially the head up display and the heated leather seats. I like the removable middle bucket seats and the fold down rear seat. As a mom of 3 children, all 5 of us fit really well and the kids have plenty of room.

Better quality.

Not Buicks best effort
By autoworker239

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is plagued with problems ranging from annoying to down right dangerous. Newer versions have corrected some of the problems but some of the more serious ones still remain including premature wheel hub failures, faulty wiring and bad transmissions. If you insist on buying one you'd better purchase the extended warranty and towing insurance because you're going to need it.

Disappointed
By RebeccaD

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love at first sight. Problems after manufacturer warranty expired have included failure & replacement of both front tire hubs (one of them replaced twice), Power steering pump replaced three times, Heater control unit shorted out. I have filed a safety complaint w/NHTSA lots more there, please read. Buick Rendezvous has had a lot of problems. Through persistant investigation on my part, I've found that the tire hub appears to be defective, GM is now getting this part from a new supplier. At first we loved this car but will never buy another Rendezvous maybe never another Buick at all. The dealership has been good & has made all repairs at no cost to us even though we are past the mileage warranty.

Roomy interior, soft leather seats, radio controls on steering wheel, On Star, DVD player for kids.

Safety recall for the tire hubs.

Made in Mexico
By unhappy in ohio

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Rides wonderful except for noise in rear end when going over joints on highway. Dealer can't fix, big outer mirrors easy to use, plenty of room in front and second row, third row useless except for lepricons. Sometimes it doesn't know who is driving forgets to reset seat and mirrors. Has some problems cropping up, noise from front wheels, suspect bearings.

XM Radio, Controls on Steering wheel, ability to remove roof rack crossbows. Comfortable seating for driver and passenger.

Much better gas mileage. Non-AWD might be better on fuel