2003 Buick Rendezvous CX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Rendezvous Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Sort Reviews by

Needs improvement
By Joe Chianti

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The front and side appearance of the car is great. The rear appearance out of wack. Too much red and plastic for sure. Same engine as the Venture which was my previous lease. Averaged 22/23 mileage per gal overall and only getting 18 on this car. Don't not believe car is heavier including a smaller fuel tank. Other then the above really like the vehicle.

This is the one
By lef

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Rendezvous a year ago almost to the date. Love everything about this vehicle. The stereo (upgrade 6cd) is fantastic. I have given myself vertigo playing deep bass cd's, really, really loud. Im a 35 yo mom of two. The seats are comfy, ride is quiet and smooth, a lot of luxery for not too bad a price. Can't be beat!

Favorite Features

Stereo, back up assist,on star personal calling, sunroof (must have), power driver AND passenger seats, huge mirrors, steering mounted stereo controls, auto volume, Heads Up Display!!!

Suggested Improvements

More powerful engine, better towing capacity and power liftgate. Removable middle seats too heavy for one person to remove/replace. BUICK we want a BIGGER engine!!!!!!

My Rendezvous
By LAURIE

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my Buick Rendezvous. It gets great gas mileage and is very comfortable to drive. It manuvers well, doesnt feel like it would roll over easily. All the controls are within easy reach and easy to use. Lots of room!

Suggested Improvements

Choice of more powerful engine.

I like it
By phne

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is comfortable and economical. I'm averaging over 23 mpg with about 50-50 city and hwy driving. The layout of the dash is impressive and functional.

Favorite Features

Heads up display and the comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the manual lumbar supports and make them power like the rest of the seat adjustments.

Awsome!!
By mee

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, almost a year with it!! Love the "elephant" mirrors, didnt like the exterior when it first came out, but like it now!!

Favorite Features

almost comfy seats

Suggested Improvements

less rattling

My 2003 Rendezvous
By crbmbb

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The appearance is great. The interior appointments are good and the vehicle has numerous features that I like. Performance is adequate, though won't win any drag races.

Favorite Features

Heads Up display. Many interior storage places. Handling is good.

Suggested Improvements

Power lift gate for rear hatch would be nice. Dual sun visors on driver and passenger side should be a standard.

2003 Rendezvous
By ntgumd

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV with 3rd seat/7 pass capacity, adequate power, good fuel economy and a host of gadgets/interior and exterior features that are available only in pricier vehicles

Favorite Features

7 seat capacity, rear sonar detector, stereo system with steering controls, cargo capacity, driver infromation center

My Wonderful Rendezvous
By M.J. Witham

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The perfomance of this car is better than any I have owned. It is so comfortable to ride in that we find ourselves taking this vehicle rather than our second car. With the third seat, we can now haul all five of our grandchild(4 are young adults) in one car. I drive it to work every day and have had several people comment on what a nice looking vehicle it is. It is one of the most fun cars I have owned. Like my daughter said, I traded my Grandma car(95 Buick Regal) in for a sporty SUV.

Favorite Features

I like the style and the comfort.

Love the RDV
By hwks1

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Was looking for an SUV but wanted to keep van seating,configuration. The RDV is bigger than the Explorer,Pilot. RDV offers Captains charis second row,not Explorer,Pilot. RDV has 'back-up' sensor which is fabulous, didn't know I needed until I tried it! Same goes for the speed control volume on the RDV stereo, can't get that on Pilot,Explorer. And speaking of tereos.. the RDV ROCKS! There is much to do about RDV performance, Drive it and judge for yourself. If you want pinned in your seat acceleration skip the RDV. If you want a comfortable vehicle that accelerates smartly and delivers excellent (for this type vehicle) fuel economy then take a look at RDV.

Favorite Features

DVD system, stereo-speed controlled volume, backup obstacle sensor,seating options,AWD system,ride quality... and almost everything else on the vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

would like tri zone climate control instead of the standard dual zone. Second row could use a storage drawer in the center console to store the headphones. Six more inches behind the third seat.

Rendezvous Review by Bill
By Willy 1 AZ

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is just the right size, has the right performance (with the 4 speed auto trans, gearing is just right most of the time for the engine hp) with nice luxury features. Gas milage is as advertised.

Favorite Features

The best feature is its cargo carrying capability of 109 cu. ft.and the luxury features.

Suggested Improvements

An increase to about 200hp would give a margin of safety in critical situations. The back hatch should have a mechanicl release at the door and a rear window that opens seperately.