Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

My Rendezvous
By Brenda Wendelken

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 1 year old car with 13000 miles on it from a dealer. All who ride in my car say it is the most comfortable riding SUV ever. Just like sitting on the living room sofa. It drives and handles like a Cadillac, has great pickup when needed; dashboard accessories are also conveniently located on steering wheel making for safer driving (no looking down to change radio stations, etc). Cargo area large enough for most items, middle seats fold down easily to create more room in cargo. Also has Onstar if installed when purchased. My only criticism is color of the spedometer numbers hard to see in daylight. Thank you GM for this great car!!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel dashboard accessories. Cargo area is nice size. Middle seats fold up easily when space needed. Light controls can be set and forgotten; they will always work that way.

Suggested Improvements

Color of speedometer numbers is hard to read in daylight. Should be darker or another stronger color. I would have liked car to come equipped with cargo netting instead of having to locate one and purchase it elsewhere. I would also like the drivers seat to back up further than it does.

Junk
By Brian Bryans

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had several mechanical issues on our Rendevous. This first was a transmission problem that kept the car in 3rd gear. This was repaired under warranty. We had to replace the tires at 20,000 miles and Buick would not prorate the tires because we did not have full paperwork showing that we had rotated the tires.Our most recent problem was with a check engine light. The light came on with 43,000 miles on the car, 7k miles out of warranty.It ended up being that water was getting into the car under the carpet and had rusted sensors. The dealership had to strip all the interior out and fix the problem. Cost $1200. There is no wonder GM is on the verge of bankruptcy!

Suggested Improvements

Power is an issue in our model. With four passengers, the car shift out of overdrive often to stay at 70mph on the highway.

Lots of room
By PA Commuter

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Certified Rendezvous and a Certified Pacifica within a month of each other. I took the Pacifica originally because it looks and feels sportier than the Redndezvous. Unfortunately after communing in the Pacifica for a few weeks I found the ride to be quite uncomfortable for someone my height (6'4"). I eventually traded it to my wife for her Rendezvous. I like the sporty look and feel of the Pacifica, but I appreciate the unbelievably comfortable seats (wide, high, heated) and soft ride of the Buick.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, heads-up display (sounds gimmicky but you learn to like it), very comfortable seats, high seating position, openness of cabin and third row seating

Suggested Improvements

The All wheel drive system is too noticeable (you will notice the transfer of power). The operation of the AWD system in my Pacifica is invisible by comparison. The lack of a rear hatch latch is annoying. Makes you either go back up front and "pop" in or reach into your pocket to "beep" it

Love It!
By Krista

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In two years and over 60,000 miles, it's only been in the shop once! Two hours for an emissions sensor - didn't affect performance at all. You won't find a better value in a seven passenger vehicle. 20 mpg rivals any full size SUV. It feels underpowered if you try to pass at speeds over 80, but I keep up on California Freeways. Dual climate control and comfy seats make it perfect for long road trips. Handles well in the snow and tows great.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control, folding 2nd and 3rd row seats, OnStar - awesome value - free first year, $35/mo for safety, vehicle diagnostics, towing and map services. I use OnStar for directions all the time.

Suggested Improvements

More power, AWD standard, improved gas mileage, improved cup holders (Plastic inserts come out with your drink if it's a tight fit).

I love this car/suv/wagon.
By Jamie

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to have more space for my growing family but I wanted something that was comfortable and not in the van family. I am young and I desire a car that is nice looking and doesn't make me look old. This car is awesome on long road trips. It is so comfortable and it rides like a luxury car. It is elegant and worth the money.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats, heads up display, and the option for the second row to listen to something else then the people in front. I love the amount of space there is and that if the 3rd row isn't being used, it gives a lot of cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be so much better.