2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Love the 2003 Rendezvous
By Melissa1215 on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wasn't ready for a minivan yet so I went for the Rendezvous. Best decision I ever made. Not only does it look great but it handles beautifully. We took it on vacation the day after we bought it, 5 hours in the car and 1 DVD system, not a peep out of the kids other than when it was time to change the movie. So comfortable, smooth ride, lots of leg room, great gas mileage, stereo system rocks. Maybe the engine could use to be a little more powerful, mostly at higher speeds, but most of us owners are people with kids. Exactly how fast do we need to go?

Not a single problem, GREAT versatility
By J Ferg on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing to do but oil change, tire rotation and enjoy. Even our Volvo and Honda havn't been this reliable. We LOVE the interior bins all around, the cargo capacity, and the versatility of the whole vehicle. Even our dealership has been excellent to deal with.

2003 RVD
By occking on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Underpowered. Too much brake dust in front wheels. Does not get mileage as advertised (at least for the CXL) Does not take rough roads well Love the satellite radio (main reason I got the vehicle) plus that it has a fold away rear seat and the vehicle is somewhat shorter than GM products with third seat

Like it so much, we bought a second one!
By scuba1n on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

As a new family with an infant, we needed a car to replace my wife's VW GTI VR6. After much research, we decided on the Rendezvous. Dropped by Avery Greene Motors and were very well taken care of by Bruce Rodger and Juan Mancha. The entire team was terrific and met our needs and our budget. I liked the vehicle so much,I just bought one for myself to replace my SAAB 900. Feels god to support the U.S. economy and get a quality product too! Keep up the good work.

It suits me just fine
By bigfish on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We were looking for a vehicle that could be used to transport our grandchildren, building supplies for remodeling, haul our boat and small camper, and at least 5 passengers...this one does it all, plus last night I took out the one rear passenger seat and slept in the rear trunk area it at a friends cabin. It was as inexpensive as our Buick Century and actually corners slightly better.

Buick Rendevous for a retired couple
By Irby Jones on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ideal choice for us. moved during past year and Rendevous was excellent for hauling many items including trailering a golf cart 600 miles. we enjoy the vehicle. Comfortable to travel in. Handles mountains ok.

FAVORABLE COMMENTS
By LEO GAGION on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I HAD GOTTEN AWAY FROM GM PRODUCTS AND HAD BEEN A CHRYSLER FAN FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS. I BEGAN TO LOOK AT THE 2003 MODELS AND DECIDED THAT i WOULD ENTERTAIN THE IDEA OF NUYING A BUICK. I SPENT CONSIDERABLE TIME RESEARCHING AND LOOKING AT THE RONDEVOUS AND DECIDED THAT IT WAS THE VEHICLE THAT I WANTED TO PURCHASE. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT I DID. THE VEHICLE IS A FINE ONE, DEPENDABLE WITH JUST ENOUGH POWER. THE INTERIOR DESIGN IS GREAT WITH PLENTY OF LEG ROOM BOTH FRONT AND REAR. I HAVE THE THIRD SEAT AND IT IS GREAT FOR THE GRANDCHILDREN. THE ON-STAR FEATURE IS A VERY WELCOME ADDITION.

Ravishing Rendezvous
By E. F. Ellis on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle fits my transportation needs in every way. I especially enjoy the great visibility and ease of handling. It is a macho machine with lots of class.

Adventure
By potentially happy on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Went on a cross-country family trip and encountered problems; The service engine light stayed on after it was serviced and the fuel gauge and low fuel indicator light stayed on when the tank was full. The lighter and auxillary outlet fuse burned out. OnStar wasnt working either until we took the car to a Buick dealer to find these two outlets are on the same fuse as OnStar! Water collected on the floorboard in heavy amounts after rainfall. We came home from our trip to our dealer to find we had a leak around the air conditioning unit They said it was a bad seal around the unit. We had water damage and corrosion to the electrical system.

Needs improvement
By Joe Chianti on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The front and side appearance of the car is great. The rear appearance out of wack. Too much red and plastic for sure. Same engine as the Venture which was my previous lease. Averaged 22/23 mileage per gal overall and only getting 18 on this car. Don't not believe car is heavier including a smaller fuel tank. Other then the above really like the vehicle.