Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Very happy
By very happy

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have used this car extensivly and I love it. Plenty of cargo space and comfort. More room than the most SUVs in its class. Rides like a car but has the room of a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Need better gas mileage

Utter Junk
By Frosty

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this because my wife did not want to by typical looking minivan for the kids. What a bad choice. So far we have had the air conditioning overhauled at 10K miles, the engine seals blow at 20K miles, a complete transmission overhaul at 30K miles (had to call the mfg to get this covered under warranty), and now at 45K the wheel bearings and gas guage (800$ just for the gas guage repair)are toast. This is my second GM experience, fool me twice shame on me. As soon as I pay for the new bearings I am running to a Japanese or Korean car dealer ASAP.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Some, any, mechanical reliability.

A GM Fan No More!
By Chad

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle beacause of the rear cargo space and I did like how it drove compared to the Chrysler Pacifica. However as far as reliability, this vehicle is not what I would have expected for a Buick. I put on alot of miles and am beginning to be nickeled and dimed on this SUV. I can't say that I will be buying another GM soon. I'm looking to trade this one away. But oh yeah, that's right, it doesn't hold it's value neither. Guess I'm out of luck.

Favorite Features

Cargo space and interior room are my favorite features. I also like the 7 passenger seating capability.

Suggested Improvements

Style and reliability.

Buick Rendezvous
By Christopher Ordner

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Get great gas mileage and perfect features for my family of six. I have owned my Rendezvous for five months and not found one thing to complain about when it comes to its functionality. No comfort complaints either. As a matter of fact, since I have purchased my Rendezvous I have seen six new Rendezvous owners around my neighborhood.

Favorite Features

Everything is very practical from cruise to automatic lighting. I like the ability to monitor mile gas mileage and the individual cup holders and lights, this is great for children.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the appearance of the Rendezvous from behind. Looks much like a minivan, and I would like to see it break away from that image.

Great Buick
By Don

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot of freeway miles and have found this vehicle to be quite comfortable and fairly easy on gas. I bought the base model and recommend the upgrade to the safety equipment: side air bags, anti lock brakes, and traction control. I believe they are worth the money and the vehicle list at around $28,500 with the options. However, you can push this vehicle up to around $34,000 with a lot a gadgets that are worth as on most vehicle about 40% of what you pay for them. If you want a good value stay near the base with those options that you really want. My biggest concern with this and most all vehicles of it's type is the lack a good way to secure luggage and other items in the rear area

Favorite Features

Comfort and cost

Suggested Improvements

Secure net for the rear luggage are in case of an emergency stop items don't fly through the air.