Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

My Opinion of Buick has Slipped
By Jon Tao

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new, not knowing it was made in Mexico. Shame on me for not doing my research. At 60k, the intake manifold started leaking and at 84k, the transmission needed major work. I am disappointed. GM needs to do better. It seems that these two problems are very common for this engine and transmission.

A very comfortable ride and if you keep it at 60mph, decent gas mileage, though I don't know how they claim 26 mpg on the highway. Great stereo.

Transmission and engine quality are poor compared to other models and need to be addressed.

Very happy
By very happy

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have used this car extensivly and I love it. Plenty of cargo space and comfort. More room than the most SUVs in its class. Rides like a car but has the room of a truck.

Need better gas mileage

Utter Junk
By Frosty

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this because my wife did not want to by typical looking minivan for the kids. What a bad choice. So far we have had the air conditioning overhauled at 10K miles, the engine seals blow at 20K miles, a complete transmission overhaul at 30K miles (had to call the mfg to get this covered under warranty), and now at 45K the wheel bearings and gas guage (800$ just for the gas guage repair)are toast. This is my second GM experience, fool me twice shame on me. As soon as I pay for the new bearings I am running to a Japanese or Korean car dealer ASAP.

None

Some, any, mechanical reliability.

A GM Fan No More!
By Chad

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle beacause of the rear cargo space and I did like how it drove compared to the Chrysler Pacifica. However as far as reliability, this vehicle is not what I would have expected for a Buick. I put on alot of miles and am beginning to be nickeled and dimed on this SUV. I can't say that I will be buying another GM soon. I'm looking to trade this one away. But oh yeah, that's right, it doesn't hold it's value neither. Guess I'm out of luck.

Cargo space and interior room are my favorite features. I also like the 7 passenger seating capability.

Style and reliability.

Buick Rendezvous
By Christopher Ordner

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Get great gas mileage and perfect features for my family of six. I have owned my Rendezvous for five months and not found one thing to complain about when it comes to its functionality. No comfort complaints either. As a matter of fact, since I have purchased my Rendezvous I have seen six new Rendezvous owners around my neighborhood.

Everything is very practical from cruise to automatic lighting. I like the ability to monitor mile gas mileage and the individual cup holders and lights, this is great for children.

My only complaint is the appearance of the Rendezvous from behind. Looks much like a minivan, and I would like to see it break away from that image.