2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

2003 Rendezvous Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
don't waste your money
By argon1

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after buying this auto it failed in many ways first it was the brake lines that rotted out, then the over heating problem and the engine repair then the rotors and pads, the wheel bearing next. all of this with in 1.5 yrs of owning it and less than 5000 miles this is nothing as to having to tear the front end apart just to change the battery . so far I put another 3000 dolars into it since I got it. and to top that off the window fell down and I found that all the plastic parts that hold the window had broken lol this is the auto for you if the bank is yours.

Favorite Features

when it is running and not costing me extra money

Suggested Improvements

Gm please learn to build an auto the right way not the cheap way.

What a great SUV!
By lynzimarie412

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Buick Rendezvous in April 2013. It already had 116,000 miles on it. The previous owners had some maintence already done on it, so now it has 126,000 miles on it and I havent had to put any additional money into it. I went from a little 2001 Pontiac Grand Am to this.. I know some people say it looks like an older person's vehicle, but after driving similar SUVs ,like a Ford Escape, the Buick Rendezvous was my favorite! *There are little to no blindspots which is awesome! *It's bulky feeling yet not too big. *The interior feels pretty modern. *After market parts for it are very reasonable. *I would deffinately recommend to anyone in the market for an SUV!

Favorite Features

The best thing about this SUV is it's safe. I'm 19 years old and just hit my first deer a few days ago! The damage to my rendezvous was pretty severe: new headlight, foglights, bumper, ect. I hit the deer on the driver side going 62 mph. In a car I could have been dead! My rendezvous kept me very safe and for that I am so grateful!

Suggested Improvements

Buick should have continued making this great model!

168,000 and still going strong
By snovietoots

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love it, bought it used with 53,000 4 years ago and it never seems to sit still. I drive 45 miles or more one way to work each day and I get 22 miles to the gallon. I've looked to get a better gas car but for the amount of space I have and the mpg its hard to say good bye to it so I decided to keep it. I have never done anything other than normal wear and tear. I have found that the driver's door hinge is weak and have had to reenforce that once after a big wind got it. but other than that its been a great vehicle and has taken a lot of wear and tear. If they stil made them I would definately get a new one.

Favorite Features

I can put just as much in my vehicle as my husband can in his pick up and I get 22 mpg he gets 13! lots of room!

Suggested Improvements

the door hinges I found to be a little weak had the driver's door re-enforced and its fine now but that could've been cause a huge gust of wind came up and took the door out of my hand.

going to miss my Rendezvous
By hilzy

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after reading some of the negative reviews I was a tad shocked! My Rendezvous is a 2003 CX and has 210,000km on it.... it has served me wonderfully! I am just sad they no longer make this car as I am now at the point of needing a newer vehicle. I maintained it well, and the car responded accordingly. The only maintenance outside of the usual wear and tear (brakes!) was a transmission replacement that was done under the warranty so did not cost me a penny. I LOVE this car and reluctantly am parting with it.

Favorite Features

engine, acceleration, noise level, interior design

Suggested Improvements

make the spare tire more accessible

Mixed feelings
By V8 Man

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 CXL Rendezvous with 40K miles in 2005. I got it for $16,500--I would not even have looked at it for the new sticker price ($30,000+). Overall, I have mixed feelings about this car, leaning toward favorable. On the positive side, it is a good-looking car, has a nice interior, and rides quiet. The 3.4 L V6 engine is strong enough for most trips. We got the third-row seat, but hardly needed it with just two kids (it folds nicely into the floor). On the negative side, I have replaced a number of parts--head gasket, driver-side hub assembly, electric window motor, electric lock, and rear differential fluid. Heater blows cold air on passenger side. Gas mileage is awful (15).

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet ride, as long as you don't have problems with the bearings or rear differential. Good amount of space for a small family. Great styling.

Suggested Improvements

GM went with a lot of cheap parts for a car that is not cheap in price. Be prepared for a number of the problems mentioned by other reviews--front hub assembly (wheel bearings), head gasket, electric windows and locks, etc. Not a bad car overall. If I get another 75K miles out of it, I'll be content

brake fluid fire
By Julie

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

YESTERDAY; our daughter was driving back home from an appt when the brakes failed--she eased it home, was in the house telling us about the problem for about 15-20 minutes while car was sitting turned off in the driveway. My husband went out to look under the hood and found it ON FIRE. Brake fluid was dripping on the hot manifold Luckily he was able to extinguish it. I believe the design of the engine with the brake line so close situated just above the hot manifold is ultimate cause. The heat MUST be causing the lines to crack/leak unlike in any other vehicle I have owned. We have seen reports online of similar problems since this happened to us.

Favorite Features

radio and cruise controls on steering wheel. lots of power outlets, great design for hauling kids and stuff. comfortable for long distance travel

Suggested Improvements

puse storage basket not accessible/big enough. vent louvers not mobile enough for directioning. Build it better! repairs have been expensive: wheel bearings, multiple brakes.

Decent Car for family
By craerz

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new and have kept up with maintenance. The RDV is pretty reliable under those conditions. What's gone wrong so far is; battery leak, head gasket leak, and recently (after 6 years) the battery and O2 sensor needed replacing. The first two were fixed under warantee so NBD. There was also a recall on the rear lift gate. Oh, and now my gas cartridges are shot on the lift gate. The gas milage started out at 22mpg city and 26 on the road, but now we're about 18 city and 22 on the road. Not too bad for a 7-seater. In 2005 we drove this on vacation from Houston, to Sante Fe, to Denver and back to Houston. No problem. We strapped a DVD player to the wide console.

Favorite Features

This thing is really practical. We bought it cause it was the smallest SUV with 7 people seating. The seat is great, it flips up or down and we are constantly flipping that thing. The towing package includes an onboard compressor with a hose that will reach all the tires. That is really great.

Suggested Improvements

Never have liked the amount of air coming out of the vent. The 1st setting is too high. Looks like a mini-van. Roof rack bars are too close together. Folded 3rd seat is flat, but not flat with the rest of the cargo area. Cheap looking door stowage bins. Rattling muffler when engine is cold. :)

worst carEVER!!!!
By janet

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was very happy w my rendevous until April-2007. After only having the vehicle 1 year EVERYTHING:brakes,minifold,alternator, starter,sensors,motor for the windows on 2 doors,knock sensor,battery,gas tank,door handles,wheel bearing,transmission started jerking, EVERITHING started going wrong,the worst thing is that the warranty had already ended. Finally in October 6,2008 the suv turned OFF on me while making a turn in a busy intersection causing me an accident (Thank GOD my kids were NOT w/me).

Favorite Features

NOTHING.....

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING, stop false advertisement!!!

Like it...
By mkp53081

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We owned a CXL 2 years ago and traded it for a Scion xB (BIG mistake!). We have two growing boys (7 & 4) so the Scion was just too small. We got rid of it and bought another Rendezvous. We went back to the Rendezvous because it's comfortable, gets decent gas mileage, and has room to haul stuff. The only things we are dissapointed about so far on the CX model is that it is missing a lot of the features that the CXL had. No backup sensors, cloth instead of leather, no third row seat (but it has the option to easily install an aftermarket one), and FWD instead of AWD. We love having a Rendezvous--even without the CXL options--and are glad we bought another one!

Favorite Features

Center armrests in front and back seats, tons of storage, decent gas mileage for a larger vehicle.

Big Mistake
By MP

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle with 35,000 miles on it. It was ok for the first year and then one thing after another started to go on this car. It seems to be in the shop every other month and each time costs range from $300 up to over $1000!!!! I am getting rid of this car and most likely won't buy another Buick any time soon!

Favorite Features

3rd Row