Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

don't waste your money
By argon1

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after buying this auto it failed in many ways first it was the brake lines that rotted out, then the over heating problem and the engine repair then the rotors and pads, the wheel bearing next. all of this with in 1.5 yrs of owning it and less than 5000 miles this is nothing as to having to tear the front end apart just to change the battery . so far I put another 3000 dolars into it since I got it. and to top that off the window fell down and I found that all the plastic parts that hold the window had broken lol this is the auto for you if the bank is yours.

Favorite Features

when it is running and not costing me extra money

Suggested Improvements

Gm please learn to build an auto the right way not the cheap way.

What a great SUV!
By lynzimarie412

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Buick Rendezvous in April 2013. It already had 116,000 miles on it. The previous owners had some maintence already done on it, so now it has 126,000 miles on it and I havent had to put any additional money into it. I went from a little 2001 Pontiac Grand Am to this.. I know some people say it looks like an older person's vehicle, but after driving similar SUVs ,like a Ford Escape, the Buick Rendezvous was my favorite! *There are little to no blindspots which is awesome! *It's bulky feeling yet not too big. *The interior feels pretty modern. *After market parts for it are very reasonable. *I would deffinately recommend to anyone in the market for an SUV!

Favorite Features

The best thing about this SUV is it's safe. I'm 19 years old and just hit my first deer a few days ago! The damage to my rendezvous was pretty severe: new headlight, foglights, bumper, ect. I hit the deer on the driver side going 62 mph. In a car I could have been dead! My rendezvous kept me very safe and for that I am so grateful!

Suggested Improvements

Buick should have continued making this great model!

168,000 and still going strong
By snovietoots

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love it, bought it used with 53,000 4 years ago and it never seems to sit still. I drive 45 miles or more one way to work each day and I get 22 miles to the gallon. I've looked to get a better gas car but for the amount of space I have and the mpg its hard to say good bye to it so I decided to keep it. I have never done anything other than normal wear and tear. I have found that the driver's door hinge is weak and have had to reenforce that once after a big wind got it. but other than that its been a great vehicle and has taken a lot of wear and tear. If they stil made them I would definately get a new one.

Favorite Features

I can put just as much in my vehicle as my husband can in his pick up and I get 22 mpg he gets 13! lots of room!

Suggested Improvements

the door hinges I found to be a little weak had the driver's door re-enforced and its fine now but that could've been cause a huge gust of wind came up and took the door out of my hand.

going to miss my Rendezvous
By hilzy

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after reading some of the negative reviews I was a tad shocked! My Rendezvous is a 2003 CX and has 210,000km on it.... it has served me wonderfully! I am just sad they no longer make this car as I am now at the point of needing a newer vehicle. I maintained it well, and the car responded accordingly. The only maintenance outside of the usual wear and tear (brakes!) was a transmission replacement that was done under the warranty so did not cost me a penny. I LOVE this car and reluctantly am parting with it.

Favorite Features

engine, acceleration, noise level, interior design

Suggested Improvements

make the spare tire more accessible

JUNKING IT!!! And I'm ON TOP of maintenance!!!
By abby258

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a LEMON!!! It should be taken OFF the market and NEVER made again!! I have replaced gaskit 2 times, Wheel bearings WAAAAAYYY too MANY times to even count anymore, the rocker arms, tie rods, breaks, rotars... more than normal, among many other repairs... I can't remember. This car PLAIN AND SIMPLE SUX! It needs MAJOR REPAIRS EVERY Flippin month. I have spent more repairing this dumb thing than my old '92 Geo Prizm!! Do NOT buy this vehicle, its NOT as nice as it looks! Better off with Hyundai, or Kia! We purchased in '06 used from an elderly couple who rarely used it... It had 12,000 miles!!! They took care of it, had receipts of oil changes, and car fax was FLAWLESS!!!

Favorite Features

No Favorite Feature! I Haaaate this vehicle! It is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned!! I have a 2003 Dodge Carivan that is waaayy Better! I had a 2003 and 2006 stratus (No problems, really liked both)! I had a 1982 Honda Prelude (MY FAVORITE!!)...back in the day.. My 1st car:) I loved that thing! I had a 2002 Chevy Malibu, No probs, I had a 99 Nissan Altima, No probs.. This Rendesvous can not be compared to any other vehicle, it plainly is the absolute worst! I am getting rid of it.. JUNKING IT!! Thankful I have AAA!!

Suggested Improvements

Don't ever make this vehicle anymore! It is undependable. And with 3 small children, that alone is dangerous. One never knows when its going to crap out. I am always hoping it doesn't crap out when I have ALL the kids, especially when its night time... Urrgghh... So frusterating that Buick can get away with selling such a thing to families who rely on the dependability of their family vehicle! I think its unsafe to drive, because it breaks ALL the time. BTW, most repairs were done with the same, very reputable shop, and he has several othe customers with Rendesvous with same issues!!! Other places in the area do too!!! So its NOT the shop, IT IS the piece of junk car!!