2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
don't waste your money
By argon1 on 07/06/14 15:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after buying this auto it failed in many ways first it was the brake lines that rotted out, then the over heating problem and the engine repair then the rotors and pads, the wheel bearing next. all of this with in 1.5 yrs of owning it and less than 5000 miles this is nothing as to having to tear the front end apart just to change the battery . so far I put another 3000 dolars into it since I got it. and to top that off the window fell down and I found that all the plastic parts that hold the window had broken lol this is the auto for you if the bank is yours.

What a great SUV!
By lynzimarie412 on 11/06/13 21:45 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Buick Rendezvous in April 2013. It already had 116,000 miles on it. The previous owners had some maintence already done on it, so now it has 126,000 miles on it and I havent had to put any additional money into it. I went from a little 2001 Pontiac Grand Am to this.. I know some people say it looks like an older person's vehicle, but after driving similar SUVs ,like a Ford Escape, the Buick Rendezvous was my favorite! *There are little to no blindspots which is awesome! *It's bulky feeling yet not too big. *The interior feels pretty modern. *After market parts for it are very reasonable. *I would deffinately recommend to anyone in the market for an SUV!

168,000 and still going strong
By snovietoots on 10/19/11 16:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love it, bought it used with 53,000 4 years ago and it never seems to sit still. I drive 45 miles or more one way to work each day and I get 22 miles to the gallon. I've looked to get a better gas car but for the amount of space I have and the mpg its hard to say good bye to it so I decided to keep it. I have never done anything other than normal wear and tear. I have found that the driver's door hinge is weak and have had to reenforce that once after a big wind got it. but other than that its been a great vehicle and has taken a lot of wear and tear. If they stil made them I would definately get a new one.

going to miss my Rendezvous
By hilzy on 08/30/11 16:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after reading some of the negative reviews I was a tad shocked! My Rendezvous is a 2003 CX and has 210,000km on it.... it has served me wonderfully! I am just sad they no longer make this car as I am now at the point of needing a newer vehicle. I maintained it well, and the car responded accordingly. The only maintenance outside of the usual wear and tear (brakes!) was a transmission replacement that was done under the warranty so did not cost me a penny. I LOVE this car and reluctantly am parting with it.

JUNKING IT!!! And I'm ON TOP of maintenance!!!
By abby258 on 01/15/11 17:15 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a LEMON!!! It should be taken OFF the market and NEVER made again!! I have replaced gaskit 2 times, Wheel bearings WAAAAAYYY too MANY times to even count anymore, the rocker arms, tie rods, breaks, rotars... more than normal, among many other repairs... I can't remember. This car PLAIN AND SIMPLE SUX! It needs MAJOR REPAIRS EVERY Flippin month. I have spent more repairing this dumb thing than my old '92 Geo Prizm!! Do NOT buy this vehicle, its NOT as nice as it looks! Better off with Hyundai, or Kia! We purchased in '06 used from an elderly couple who rarely used it... It had 12,000 miles!!! They took care of it, had receipts of oil changes, and car fax was FLAWLESS!!!

Mixed feelings
By V8 Man on 07/07/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 CXL Rendezvous with 40K miles in 2005. I got it for $16,500--I would not even have looked at it for the new sticker price ($30,000+). Overall, I have mixed feelings about this car, leaning toward favorable. On the positive side, it is a good-looking car, has a nice interior, and rides quiet. The 3.4 L V6 engine is strong enough for most trips. We got the third-row seat, but hardly needed it with just two kids (it folds nicely into the floor). On the negative side, I have replaced a number of parts--head gasket, driver-side hub assembly, electric window motor, electric lock, and rear differential fluid. Heater blows cold air on passenger side. Gas mileage is awful (15).

brake fluid fire
By Julie on 06/19/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

YESTERDAY; our daughter was driving back home from an appt when the brakes failed--she eased it home, was in the house telling us about the problem for about 15-20 minutes while car was sitting turned off in the driveway. My husband went out to look under the hood and found it ON FIRE. Brake fluid was dripping on the hot manifold Luckily he was able to extinguish it. I believe the design of the engine with the brake line so close situated just above the hot manifold is ultimate cause. The heat MUST be causing the lines to crack/leak unlike in any other vehicle I have owned. We have seen reports online of similar problems since this happened to us.

Rear differential failures
By Treize13 on 04/24/10 05:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this Rendez-vous for 3 years. Bought it used with 75000kms on it. It has seen nothing but the mechanic. He should make my payments. 2 months before warranty up replaced differential with a used one, that one just fell out, I'm not impressed. 4 tires worn out in 1 year ABS light always on fuel gauge does'nt work. all wheel drive ot traction light always on. still have two years to pay on it, time to trade in You think!

wheel bearing eater
By jetsetser on 03/15/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new, 2 wheel bearings first year went out,under warranty.over the next few years we have replaced 8 wheel bearings total,and now we need 2 more! the air ride leveling sys. went out at 125,000 miles so we had to put air shocks on. the latch for the back went out and the pull handle broke off and it, only opens with fob. the radio nobs coating is all chipped off .the drivers side heated seat is out,the rear drivers side window is unop. the dash has every light lit up like a Christmas tree.

Decent Car for family
By craerz on 12/20/09 05:55 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new and have kept up with maintenance. The RDV is pretty reliable under those conditions. What's gone wrong so far is; battery leak, head gasket leak, and recently (after 6 years) the battery and O2 sensor needed replacing. The first two were fixed under warantee so NBD. There was also a recall on the rear lift gate. Oh, and now my gas cartridges are shot on the lift gate. The gas milage started out at 22mpg city and 26 on the road, but now we're about 18 city and 22 on the road. Not too bad for a 7-seater. In 2005 we drove this on vacation from Houston, to Sante Fe, to Denver and back to Houston. No problem. We strapped a DVD player to the wide console.