2002 Buick Rendezvous 3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - small breaks big bucks

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Review

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

CX 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

small breaks big bucks
By cat on

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just after the extended warranty was up the power window quit working. A small plastic piece broke costing $190. Now the other front window has made a loud pop and I am afraid to use it for fear it will not roll up soon. The ac condensor has a pinhole rubbed in it by the frame the quote is $800. If summer would have come a month sooner the vehicle would have still been under warranty. The mechanic that quoted the ac problem said that this is a common problem that he sees a lot.

Favorite Features

I love the AWD. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever driven in snow and ice. Four months after purchase we drove home in a blizzard. We saw many vehicles in the ditch. Not once did I feel us slide or thought we were going to end up there.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously something needs done about the ac condensor being close enough to the frame to rub a hole in it. Also I found that the battery post are difficult to reach for testing/maintenance/jumpstarting.