2002 Buick Rendezvous 3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Mistake

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Review

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

CX 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

A Mistake
By jerezaa on

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used but shouldn't have, Luckily I got the extended warranty because 2 months later the transmission went out (While crossing the Bay Bridge into San Francisco- what an adventure!) Took a month to fix. No trouble for a while but then the something computer module which controls nearly everything went and it overheated. Spent tons of money to replace heads and the dealer (Covert Buick in Austin TX) and apparently they did not fix correctly. It's back in the shop after having it back for only 2 weeks. I should have just bought another car. The car is comfortable and I like driving it but it is the second worst car I've ever owned (The first worst was a Renault LeCar) Don't buy it!

Favorite Features

comfort heads up display
By kruser65
on 10/11/11 18:56 PM (PDT)

We bought a 2002 Rendezvous in 2004 and thank God we put the extended warranty on it. GM paid over 4000.00 dolars in repairs over the five years we had warranty on it. Head gasket, Bearings bushings defroster blower, tie rod, just to mention a few things. The first year it was in the garage more than out . I thinkl we all agree that it is a great car when it comes to the ride and comfort but the problem is the engine. Now we are having troble with the BCM also. The head lights are going crazy. One day they work and the next we have nothing not even can turn them on manually. My mechanic says that the problem is the BCM. He called it the headlight Control module. So I hope this works. Let you know what happens. Going to pick the module up tomorrow.