2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews 9

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Consider this sleeper
By PV on 01/03/06 20:15 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is an attractive extremely reliable SUV. With AWD, I am averaging 19 MPG which is incredible. The engine is too small for the weight of this SUV so the pick-up and pep leaves a lot to be desired, However, once I got used to the amount of power I had available, I adjusted my driving habits. The vehicle has a lot of "bells and whistles. I love the "heads-up" display which gives me my MPH reading in the windshield. Because of the air suspension, the car allows me to inflate my tires directly from the system so no visit to a gas station is necessary. It's also handy if you get a flat tire. I am very happy with this SUV and would consider buying another one when the time comes.

Hot and Stylish!!
By Stacie on 12/30/05 04:42 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't be happier with my car! There is plenty of room for my two children in the back. I feel like hot momma in my Buick! The ride is wonderful!! I have the fully loaded CXL, it is total luxury! It is fun to drive and very economical. My next vehicle will definitely be a newer version of what I now have!

Great features - zero reliability
By Kevin on 12/27/05 18:40 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely loved this car - for the first 51,000 miles. Then the left front wheel hub bearing failed. At 59,000 miles, the upper and lower intake gaskets. 64,000 miles the body control module failed. This causes your lights to begin randomly flashing, while your horn begins honking all by themselves. Then the A/C condensor, right wheel hub bearing, transmission, ignition key switch and security module, and now the blower motor speed resistor. Previous GM Lumina had same reliability, even though I maintain my cars. Thought Buick would be better.

Stress factor
By booo buick on 10/27/05 21:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I got this car it has caused tension, especially in the winter. The electrical problem is such that the car just dies and it's not the battery! The a/c has gone, the brakes have gone, and there was a bearing problem and tires getting worn due to easy skid on the turns, no control. Very disappointed with this car. I hope it lasts me another year or so at least.

Growing up
By angel428 on 10/12/05 23:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has probably been the best grown up decision I have ever made. There is enough room to bring the whole group shopping or on a weekend getaway. Easy to park and good on gas so I can go more often. Definely recomended for those who need a good quality car without knowing what the future holds for the next several years.

Nothing but trouble
By jbholt on 08/12/05 08:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying that for the first 1.5 - 2 years, we loved this vehicle. At about 40,000 miles (just after the warranty ran out), we started to have problems that I don't think should ever occur on such a new vehicle. The air conditioning compressor cracked, and we were told that it was an engineering flaw (replaced to the tune of over $900). Just this week, we had to replace the head gaskets (I've NEVER had to replace head gaskets before) and the fan motor --- this bill was $1331. Because of the problems we have had with this vehicle, we will never buy another GM (we've been loyal GM customers for the last 17 years).

It's been horrible
By Hate it on 08/10/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Air conditioner several times, manifold gasket, bearings, etc. You name it and I've put money in to it. I don't expect this vehicle to last the length of my loan. I had to call Buick and they did agree to pay some of the bills that I've had. I've put 3500 in to this car in a year and a half. I won't buy another Buick again, this was my second try and I got another lemon.

Please Don't Purchase
By Nikki Smith on 07/25/05 09:59 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car in March for room. We traded in a Toyota Camry for it. The day after we drove it home, the air conditoning went out , and took 3 days to fix. Then on Memorial Day weekend , it went dead on me in another town, and we had to find a ride home. That was another couple of weeks without the ca,r and the dealership couldn't find out what was wrong with it. 2 weeks later, it left me on the side of the road again with a 2 month old. By the time of my 3rd payment, I hadn't actually had the car 3 weeks. No one could find out what was wrong, and the dealership wouldn't take it back. Still having problems. A bad experience.

great up to 50,000 miles
By great up to 50,000 m on 07/16/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my buick up to 50,000 miles. Since then I have replaced an air conditioning component, the intake manifold ($1000.00) the secondary injection line, and I am on my way back to the dealer for another repair this week. Some kind of harness for the secondary injection. I have 53,000 miles on the car.

Only liked it
By MOM on 06/29/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Rendezvous 2 yrs old from a dealership. The A/C was not working and two weeks later, the wheel bearings on the front went out. I had to pay 1/2 on the wheel bearings to the dealership because they claimed it wasn't covered on the warranty I purchased, saying it was "normal wear and tear". But, I'd only had the vehicle two weeks and couldn't have done that damage. They decided to charge me 1/2 to fix it. I thought it odd that a vehicle only 2 years old had such problems. I have not had any other problems and really the vehicle.