2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
50,000 mile review
By pjk on 05/27/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Rendezvous now for 52,000 miles. Had very little problems. I drive 21 miles each way to work, very hilly rough terrain. I live in PA, very tough on vehicles. Salt on the roads all winter. Large pot holes. One day last winter I counted twelve small cars and small SUV's on the side of the road with serious suspension problems after one of our major highways fell apart in Jan. My Rendezvous has a tough suspension, stainless exhaust and large 16" wheels. The activated charcoal cab air filter is great for keeping deisel exhaust etc. out of your lungs. The OnStar is a lifesaver I will not do without. The galvanized metal body does not rust. No problem with half ton loads

Ready Rendezvous
By Bill Jones on 05/27/06 04:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Driven throughout the midwest in scorching heat & freezing cold, no probs either way. Handled fantastically- smooth, quiet, dependably. Wife uses it to travel to different hospitals, during clinicals,(she's a nurse)with confidence + it's sharp looking. We definitely will check out the new Rendezvous when we shop for our next vehicle.

Some good things, but some bad too
By Bob on 05/22/06 14:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty much, I like the car; however, I've had to do an intake manifold gasket R&R, as well as an air conditioning condenser. So, it appears that GM is not entirely up front, so to speak, when they tell you, that the coolant is good for 100,000 miles. Now it appears that the gas mileage is falling off, a little. Additionally, as to the power, this model could use about 25 more horses, and improved gas mileage.

Not recommended
By Truong on 04/26/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was happy with it after the first year. After that, things started to go wrong, compressor for AC leaked, front wheel bearing went. Dealer only replaced the failed bearing only not the other. I have to pay for two new tires. GM paid for the other two tires. Coolant leaked and after the 3 year warranty period. Fortunately, I bought extended warranty. This problem is well known with GM but they have done nothing about it. I will never buy another GM vehicle again. No wonder GM is losing money & market share to its japanese competitions. GM management deserves it.

Love My Rendezvous
By Tucker on 04/08/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My requirements were an AWD vehicle for that would handle well in the severe ice and snow which we have combined with lots of cargo room and driver and passenger comfort. I did extensive comparison shopping among all manufacturers and chose the Rendezvous despite the fact that the model had just been introduced and had no product quality history. Immediately took it on a trip of over 1,000 miles and knew that I had bought the right car. Most autos don't have nearly enough height or leg room for me when driving, and the seat adjustments are inadequate - this was ideal. Expect my next car will be a new model of the Rendezvous.

Not a Bad Little Ride
By m andrews on 03/28/06 09:26 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just got out of a Ford Expedition, which i do not miss. This is a great little ride. Gas mileage is great. Getting around 19-20 compared to 8! Car is fun to drive, comfortable. So far so good.

The Perry's review of Buick
By sterling perry jr. on 03/25/06 06:14 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable, fun to drive great family suv. Have put 30,000 miles in about 7 months. Only service required has been oil changes, new tires and adjustment of wiper arm that had locked together somehow. Have sold Buick for about 12 years and never owned one. Got out of the car business in 2000 now own own one and am verry pleased with the experience.

Not your grandfathers Buick
By Tom Raveling on 03/01/06 13:29 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After 2 Chevrolet Blazers this is a great change. As desert dwellers who never go offroad we always buy a 4X2. we like the utility of a small tall station wagon (read SUV). This CUV does everything we expected without the truck like handling.

2002 - stay away
By Tom on 01/28/06 18:02 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Various problems throughout the life. Initial purchase - rear hatch wouldn't relock, needed replacement, dealer broke the rear hatch when fixing it. 2005 - engine won't restart within 10 minutes of stopping engine - dealer has been unable to fix it after 3 tries, no help from GM. 2006 - Rear hatch problem again - the door unlocks all by itself. Dealer has replaced the body control module after replacing the lock against my advice. 2006 - The fuel guage doesn't accurately show the level.

Reliable
By Jim Walters on 01/09/06 17:32 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

One of the most dependable and reliable ownership experiences I have had owning cars. The poor adhesion of paint on the interior is my only complaint I have, other than the sluggishness in power of the engine at highway speed unless you downshift, but I LOVE the consistent 20mpg that the car gives me with its performance. I waxed the interior painted surfaces after they were replaced under warranty and have had no further problems there. I love this car's transmission. A good reliable car.