Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Favorite Ride
By Mark

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle used with 15K on it. (now 72K) Three body computers, head gasket, both front wheel bearings and the radio all had to be replaced under the extended warranty. Still kept the car for our touring vehicle. Love the HUD and dual climate control. This is one of the most comfortable vehicles I have owned. Love the versa trac AWD. I am shooting for 200K. A little underpowered for cross country driving but has been a joy to own (while out of the shop)

Favorite Features

HUD, AWD, dual zone climate, headroom and leg room. Seats are very comfortable and position well for me 6'-6" 290#.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability. Additional heat to the floor. Power assist rear hatch. More data on the HUD.

Why hasn't Buick Enhanced and continued?
By Ken Ruhland

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

All around good vehicle - reliability, comfort, great little amenities, great fuel mileage for type and size of vehicle. Don't understand why Buick did not continue and enhance this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Don't understand why Buick did not continue and enhance this vehicle.

Wonderful Car
By mardat

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my CXL new in 2002 and have put over 100,000 miles on it during the past 5 years. The comfort level is great, even for back-seat passengers. I love the parking aid, the leather seats, and the driver-information center. This car has been extremely reliable. Gas mileage depends on who drives it. I get about 20-21 mpg. My husband gets 18-19. This is on the hills and curvy roads near our home.

Nice wheels
By jo

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in 2001 and have enjoyed driving it. I use it for hauling gardening stuff, crafting stuff and grandchildren and friends. Really like my vehicle.

Favorite Features

Nice smooth ride - looks elegant - easy to get into and out of

2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL
By leshammond

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicile has everything. Best stereo in any car I have had including Cadillacs. Head up display, 3rd seat, leather throughout, OnStar, heated mirrors, 4 driver memory, backup protection and all of the other extras that Buick offered that year and not on some later models. It is a little underpowered, the 4 wheel drive is more for show, high crosswinds at 80 MPH are scary and electronic components are expensive to replace, but overall this has been one our favorite cars along with the Mercedes convertible and the Arizona Edition Cadillac we now own!