2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Not a good option
By Denise on 09/25/06 05:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Let's just say this vehicle has been in the shop more than it has been out. Right now it has a major mechanical problem and it has less than 100,000 miles. The Chevrolet dealership is baffled as to what the problem is. This problem affects the headlights and brakelights, so this is a major safety concern to me. They basically just turn off along with everything else in the dash while your driving.

Our best vehicle yet
By Raymond Smith on 08/15/06 06:08 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my wife's SUV and our first one. My wife's feelings are this is the best driving vehicle we have owned yet. There have been many during our 40 years together. I like how it handles, as well as its appearance. It also comes in handy when we need the space to haul something. My wife calls it her shuttle because she drives myself and my oldest son to our VA doctors appointments. It is a lot better as for getting in and out of compared to a car. I guess you could say we are completely satisfied with our Rendezvous.

GM known defects
By Shar on 08/10/06 17:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'd say it's been a pretty good SUV. 20 mi to gal in town, never failed to get me there and back, but when something goes wrong it will cost you an arm and leg. Why do I keep it? Because in 6 mo. it's paid for!

Best car I've eve owned
By Susan Blunck on 08/03/06 02:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Rendezvous has been a joy since the first time I test-drove it prior to purchasing. The ride is smooth, quiet, reliable, quick to respond. In four years of ownership, I have not had a lick of trouble with it.

Customers like it
By Smits, Michigan on 07/31/06 19:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

By far the leader in midsized SUV comfort, ride and style, in the year 2001. Pontiac Aztec was weak. The Rendezvous is miles ahead of that vehicle. BR has 95 cu. ft. of cargo space. Comfort and quiet ride. Great sight lines. Nice rear views. Practical in every way. 3 rows comfortable seating for seven full sized adults. No one had that in 2001-02. All kinds of imitators in the 5 years since this stylish truck hit the market. Lexus. Benz. Nissan. BMW. You name it, they all followed after they saw the 100's of thousands of Buicks sold. Probably an underappreciated vehicle.

By Matthew on 07/30/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle, I just wish it would stop having problems. I have had the BCM changed out 3 times now and the vehicle has only 60,000 miles on it. Each time it has been something different that has gone bad (Door locking problems, A/C not working, car will not start) and now they are working on getting the 4th BCM installed.

Pretty darn good
By Rick on 07/14/06 14:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has worked out very well. Comfortable, and larger than most of this price range. Very good gas mileage. I like the looks, and it has more luxury than others in its class. Very few problems, very well built.

I wont buy another GMC car
By Cesar on 06/23/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Everywhere I read comments, same problems. Coolant leaking into manifold, a/c condenser cracked, etc. etc. I spent over $2000 already. I will get rid of it soon so I won't have to spend more money on it.

Have a Rendezvous!
By by crg/Ga. on 06/17/06 20:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was my 1st new car & I can say nothing bad about this beauty! It's comfort is impeccable, its class is luxurious, I love this car. I have had it now for 4 yrs., and I would buy this car again! I have had so many comments about how beautiful it is, from day one. I have had wonderful service from it, and I have taken very good care of mine. I keep up with all service on it. That's the key. It takes me everywhere safely! Love it!

The Norm
By robp63 on 05/31/06 22:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife loves driving this vehicle. However, like all the others its 500- 1000 dollaring us to death. We have had the a/c problem. $700 and change. We have the driver side wind noise. $150 and change, now a sensor on the front wheel that causes a AWD off and no antilock brakes caution light to come on. Thats $500 and change. We also have a motor sound that runs in the beginning of a ride. I would call it a ride leveler pump but the dealer can't hear this noise. There are just a lot of problems it seems with this vehicle. Thank GOD she hasn't had the no start problem yet. But this one is no different than the others and I am sure its about to happen.