2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Rendezvous NOT!
By fear on 03/20/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car as GM Certified, NOT. Serious mechanical problems from the get go. Years later, still having difficulties - car has turned off on the highway; fuel gauge changes constantly; turn on car and drive but then turn it off and it does NOT restart; dangerous, dangerous vehicle.. Now we are stuck with it, who would purchase it from us? GM is NEVER, EVER helpful... No wonder they are losing billions. Should the company ever go bankrupt, just have them survey the car owners.

Rendezvous Has Mechanical Defects
By Kathlyn Garcee on 02/25/08 18:46 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the vehicle, and still do with the exception of major problems occurring at 51,000 miles. Needed intake manifold gasket replaced as well as new head gaskets. $1,680. Then 2 days later found a crack in the A/C condenser. Condenser needed to be replaced. GM finally paid the cost of the condenser ($400+/-) and we paid the labor ($423). Even though other Rendezvous' were having manifold gasket and head gasket problems they refused to help us with the repair costs. 51,000 miles is to early to have these types of problems. I do like the interior design and feel when driving this vehicle. Due to the mechanical defects, I would not recommend anyone purchase this vehicle.

Finally Buick makes a vehicle worth it's
By Vandilizer on 02/07/08 14:24 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV it fits everywhere, it very fuel efficient, and the rear door opens up so you can really stuff the hell out of the back. love taking it out for long weekend gateways. I look forward to keeping the SUV for 8 years so I still a year and a half to go. So I think I will upgrade to the Enclave. Since I am really impressed with Buick.

Sow's EAR
By Jack on 02/02/08 14:16 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 3rd Buick and my Last. This could have been a great car if reliability had been there. Head gasket replaced at 55k and 175k, air conditioning condenser, power steering pump, 3 wheel bearings, 4th gear on transmission failed, rear ball joints replaced. All of these identified by service bulletins but cost me just more than $10,000 in repairs with no relief from GM except the first head gasket. Last jab is being left no residual value on resale. GM makes the mistakes and the customer pays. What a disappointment. GM should learn that reputation not just made on successes but how you handle the failures. In this case GM made the customer pay. Losing market share GM? Wonder why? You shouldn't!

2002 Rendevous CXL AWD
By Theresa on 01/06/08 14:01 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable car as long as you don't need it to run! Loved it when I bought it. Was my dream car, first car I owned with heated leather,sunroof, power everthing..planned on keeping it until at least 110k..only got 84k out of it. Had it 4 1/2 years and racked up over $9,000 in repairs, A/C broke, intake gaskets, coils, computer cellinoid, hubs etc. same as everyone else. Final breakdown was the transmission going at 84,000 miles. $4900 to repair... After being stranded twice and endless repairs finally traded it on a Japanese car. Will never buy a GM product again.

Favorite Ride
By Mark on 12/17/07 11:51 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle used with 15K on it. (now 72K) Three body computers, head gasket, both front wheel bearings and the radio all had to be replaced under the extended warranty. Still kept the car for our touring vehicle. Love the HUD and dual climate control. This is one of the most comfortable vehicles I have owned. Love the versa trac AWD. I am shooting for 200K. A little underpowered for cross country driving but has been a joy to own (while out of the shop)

Why hasn't Buick Enhanced and continued?
By Ken Ruhland on 12/11/07 13:40 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

All around good vehicle - reliability, comfort, great little amenities, great fuel mileage for type and size of vehicle. Don't understand why Buick did not continue and enhance this vehicle.

Wonderful Car
By mardat on 10/31/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my CXL new in 2002 and have put over 100,000 miles on it during the past 5 years. The comfort level is great, even for back-seat passengers. I love the parking aid, the leather seats, and the driver-information center. This car has been extremely reliable. Gas mileage depends on who drives it. I get about 20-21 mpg. My husband gets 18-19. This is on the hills and curvy roads near our home.

Nice wheels
By jo on 10/22/07 14:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in 2001 and have enjoyed driving it. I use it for hauling gardening stuff, crafting stuff and grandchildren and friends. Really like my vehicle.

2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL
By leshammond on 10/03/07 23:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicile has everything. Best stereo in any car I have had including Cadillacs. Head up display, 3rd seat, leather throughout, OnStar, heated mirrors, 4 driver memory, backup protection and all of the other extras that Buick offered that year and not on some later models. It is a little underpowered, the 4 wheel drive is more for show, high crosswinds at 80 MPH are scary and electronic components are expensive to replace, but overall this has been one our favorite cars along with the Mercedes convertible and the Arizona Edition Cadillac we now own!