2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Love this SUV
By buzzbo99 on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is perfect for my needs. I can carry my tools, building materials, or people. The ride is excellent and handling is stable and sure.

Took a chance on a new model.
By Terry Butlin on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Took a chance buying a new model, but never regreted it. For the money I paid I don't think there is anything that comes close. The car has run flawlessly since the day I purchased it. Would and probably will buy another one when it is time to replace this one.

Truly a crossover vehicle
By EZSpirit on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Previously drove a GMC Yukon and loved it, but needed to downsize. My initial feeling in this vehicle was that I was in a spaceship once in the driver's seat. The ride is extremely smooth and the appointments on the interior and exterior are nice. I disagree thus far with Edmunds' reviews that the RDV lacks engine power. I drive in the Metro NY/NJ area which requires rather fast acceleration onto highways and quick stops - this RDV handles both perfectly in my opinion. I drive at 70 mph and never felt that the vehicle wasn't keeping up. I have the third seat that folds down easily. Plenty of cargo room when necessary. Nice and easy entry and exit from this vehicle.

Best Buy
By jackjack on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Claims that the Rendezvous is underpowered are fiction. With a 1000 lb. load, I have driven this over several steep mountain passes at 75 mph and had power to spare. I road tested 17 mini & mid-size SUVs. This was the most comfortable with the best laid out interior. The gear shift is on the steering column and the parking brake on the floor where they belong leaving ample room for storage in the center console. Cargo space is superior, if there is no third seat. Plenty of storage space underneath. Interior is not sporty but efficient. Exterior design is the wave of the future. It will not become dated. Don't be fooled by the low ratings that Edmunds and Consumer Reports gave the Rendezvous.

Finally pulled the trigger
By Rendezviewer on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After researching about everything comparable (Highlander, upcoming Honda Pilot, MDX, Trailblazer), we finally pulled the trigger on a Rendezvous. Most of my cars have been foreign cars and I was probably biased against GM, but the value on the RDV combined with the features and appearance made us purchasers. So far everything is perfect. The features combined with the convenience of a mini-van (seating for 6-7) with an SUV appearance were the key factors for us. Safety factors were also important.

Love the car!
By paulson1 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for an SUV that wasn't a gas guzzler and that rated fairly well in safety testing. I drove a million cars, and I definitely got the most bang for my buck with the Buick. I drove an explorer before, and there is no compairson. The ride is smooth, there is no road noise, and the back seats are easy to remove. I could not be happier!

5 Month Review
By Pazz on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had vehicle for 5 months and 6000 miles. Have not had even a hint of a problem. Vehicle has really exceeded my original expectations. Just returned from a 2000 mile trip and averaged 23 MPG. Like the oversized mirrors and large glass area. Great visability. Vehicle handels very well and has great brakes. I feel very safe in this SUV. Vehicle is good looking, has a great ride, is very comfortable and fun to drive. I like it more every day. Although engine HP is low performance is very satisfactory. This is a very practical SUV and a great value for the money.

Perfectly satisfied
By Alg on 03/17/02 10:05 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

For anyone looking for a good family vehicle, the RDV desreves serious consideration. The only criticisms I've heard about the vehicle pertain to mileage or power. Well, it is a 3400# SUV, and I'm pretty sure that if you're looking for power in a car that size, the MPG will stink, and vice versa. The power has been perfectly adequate (for LA hwys), and our overall MPG is around 22 after 3000 mi. In short, a very nice balance between power and econony. That said, the comfort, quiet, convenience and luxury can't be beaten in this price range. We paid less than $24k, and everyone in the family is thrilled with the convenience and creature comfort so far.

Test drive results
By Wink on 03/16/02 03:28 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove this vehicle. I like the inside "feel" of it better than any other SUV I've driven in its price range. It drives comfortably in town. On the highway, road and tire noise are muted but there is an excessive (annoying) amount of wind noise. If they get the aerodynamics working a bit better, this will be a quiet vehicle. The biggest concern is reliability. While Buick LeSabres for example are known for their quality, the engine in this SUV is the same as that used in the Pontiac Aztec.

Sporty but sleek looking
By brandes on 03/12/02 19:25 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a lot of people say it looks like a sporty but sleek SUV. When I stop for a red light, some people give the thumbs up sign. Not the redundant SUV's you see on the road. You also get alot of extra's for the money you spend.