2002 Buick Rendezvous 3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2002 Buick CXL AWD

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Review

CX 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

2002 Buick CXL AWD
By Ralph A. Lia on

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a great everyday commuter. It The ergonomics are just right. My biggest dissapointment with the vehicle is that the power is marginal. The 185 Horsepower engine is just adequate. It rolls along smoothly and leisurly. The vehicle will let you know when it has to work hard to pull up a hill. The heads up display should not be an option. The gauges tend to get hard to see during the day. I have not had any problems with fit and finish of the material. I would like to see better materials for a vehicle in this price class.

Favorite Features

The overal build quality is solid.I have just performed all of the maintenance as required. The A/C did go out last summer but was replaced under warranty. The seats are comfortable and well positioned.

Suggested Improvements

GM, C'mon guys you started with the intention to build a great/ crossover SUV, However, I think you missed the boat with your choice of engine for this vehicle, hopefully owners with a 2003 or newer with the 3.5 liter engine are a little better off.