2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Rendezvous - the experts are crazy!
By edavis on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I’ve had this car for 10 days, but I looked at other SUV's and van's. I will give an update after more use. Experts are wrong in panning this vehicle for handling and power. It is’t underpowered in any significant way. I easily passed two cars going 65 mph on a two lane road. Road testers realize almost few are interested in racing and slaloming down the highway. Look at the features real people use. I want to drive it everywhere, so I suppose our LeSabre is feeling sorry for itself. Interior room is good, not quite like our old van, but still very good. This is the compromise we were looking for. Why pay more for a foreign SUV which is inferior? This should be a real hit.

Finally got it
By dispatcher2020 on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've loved this suv since it came out. My biggest problem was choosing the color. Decided on the pewter and it is so pretty. It's great to haul stuff and I got the 3rd row seats so it's good to transport all my son's friends. Has a good ride and I love the full view. Had a Skylark before and was just impressed with Buicks. I love the look of this suv. I like it as well as the Lexus.

A Very Classy and Stylish Buick SUV
By AC on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice SUV for Buick's first try in this market segment. Has nice looks and standsout from the crowd. Very pleasing interior with many nice touches. Fit and finish inside and out is good. Rides extreemly nice and is extreemly nimble for an AWD vehicle. Has great gas milage for its market segment. With a wife and two young daughters I needed the room and safty features this vehicle provides. Overall a classy alternative to a Minivan.

King of the crossover
By Rendylover on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great looking, excellent handling, max for the money

rendevouz review
By dorene1 on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very comfortable and utilitarian vehicle. It is both smart and friendly, and goes very well with daily family hauling. It is not powerful, but does what it needs to do in most situations. It has eliminated the tired feeling I used to have after a day of driving our other, larger SUV, and gives the impression of a car-like drive. Although the design is not as rugged as many SUV's, the high ceiling allows a feeling or roominess not felt in other midsize SUV vehicles.

the best of its class
By Ikes on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do not wont to stop driving it

User name says it all..."FORMER BMW" guy
By formerbmw on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our lease on a 1999 BMW 540iA is ending soon, and with a new baby, we decided to look at SUVs. We selected the Rendezvous after test driving other SUVs. Compared to a BMW X5, priced in the $60K range, the Rendezvous is the value of the year. The car has a unique look which seems to look better all the time.

A winner for Buick
By RDVforME on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding ride. We have been happy for three months now. Everything is riding smooth. Features work great. We got a good deal with the Rebate. Very satisfied.

2002 buick rendezvous
By Todd Morrison on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

great style looks like a lexus, comfortable ride built solid

Awesome change
By LaxMom on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Believe it or not, I traded a Lincoln Navigator to purchase this car. I needed better gas mileage and a shorter car to fit in parking garages. I also wanted an SUV because I didn't want a minivan. I test drove EVERY SUV on the market, and chose the Buick RDV. I LOVE this car. I love the interior comfort, the third row seats, and the size of the vehicle. It fits Lacrosse Sticks for 3 kids which was a "must". The pickup is good on the highway, and the gas mileage is a great improvement from what I was used to. I would recommend this car to anyone!!!