Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Bad news
By byeGM

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is comfortable, but we have had nothing but huge repairs bills Bearings in front wheels went out at two different times-huge expense! Computer unit went out on vacation, leaving us stranded. Air conditioning had to be replaced. Back up system stopped working about 6 months in. Had to replace tires and brakes way before the time with most cars Best mileage EVER was 21-we usually get 19 on the highway Insult to injury-we're trying to trade it in now and are being offered only $8000-$9000 for a car listed at $35 thousand when we purchased.

Stereo in back seat, storage and drink holders, bucket seats in the middle

Reliability and mileage

Best SUV for the money
By Craig

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had an audience, as I rolled my new 36" flat screen up to the back of my Buick. No one thought it was going in! We rolled the huge box, and slid it in, ALL the way, and closed the hatch! Try that with ANY SUV this nice, priced under $28K brand new. It won't happen. - The sight lines, the great engine performance, and 22.5 MPG for the first 50K that we've driven it, are unmatched with anuthing else we've looked at. - We were the first ones in our town to own one, now there are HUNDREDS! The fact that SO MANY other SUV's came out with room for 7, AFTER they saw how these sold, tells you a lot.

3rd row seat, that even a 6' 230lb guy can sit nicely. The cool cloth inserts trimmed in leather. The large mirrors and great windows to allow open sight lines. Quiet ride. Cool in the summers. The stereo kicks is great! The aluminum alloy wheels that everyone wants. Great overall style.

More, and better AC outlets. They need to be more directional. Seatbelt is hard to latch/find. The sun visor is lacking movability. Front wheel bearings are bad, like the Azteck's. They've had a lot recalled, they said. We also had an upper intake gasket go bad. Buick fixed all of it though.

Money pit of a car!!
By cpc0716

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in 5/02 and the car was reliable until about 25K. After that everything went down hill. Consistent electrical problems where all the lights inside and out go out for 15 sec. Windshield cracked when turning on heat on cold day, 36K. Windshield needed to be replaced $500. Dealership said there was no trauma but would not replace. Windshield wipers collapsed while driving in pouring rain on 95. Ignition switch "shot". Computer board panel needs to be replaced...should I go on? AC does not work. Mileage is poor, handling is poor. Major blind spots. GM is not helpful at all at addressing these issues. Paid 28000, 6K miles. Still owe 17K, worth MAYBE 10K!!!!

Radio

Mileage, electrical, SERVICE!!! Buy a minivan ... the look of a SUV isn't worth all the problems.

Good car
By carfan101

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for one year and I really like it. It needs more power and better fuel economey. I would reccomend it. I really like all the storage it makes it very easy to travel in. The third row seat is a big plus.

Leather, Onstar, parking sensor, Easy to see out the back, Storage compartments, Big sunroof.

More Power and better fuel economey.

swexperience
By swexperience

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have thoroughly enjoyed driving this vehicle over the last 2 years. Handling and Fuel economy are better than I expected. Pleasure to drive and like all of the storage room. Plan to buy another one (to replace the one I'm in)in the next couple of months

OnStar service - advisor was able to find a hotel when faced with terrile weather on a recent family vacation in another state.

Add storage area for cell phone.