Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

A Mistake
By jerezaa

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used but shouldn't have, Luckily I got the extended warranty because 2 months later the transmission went out (While crossing the Bay Bridge into San Francisco- what an adventure!) Took a month to fix. No trouble for a while but then the something computer module which controls nearly everything went and it overheated. Spent tons of money to replace heads and the dealer (Covert Buick in Austin TX) and apparently they did not fix correctly. It's back in the shop after having it back for only 2 weeks. I should have just bought another car. The car is comfortable and I like driving it but it is the second worst car I've ever owned (The first worst was a Renault LeCar) Don't buy it!

Favorite Features

comfort heads up display

Don't buy!
By Lindalmom

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought this car and it has been nothing but problems - first the antilock brake sytem went and could'nt be fixed - even by 3 different mechanics. Air conditioning went. Many service problems then last week it over heated and she pulled off the highway to let it cool down - It had to be towed and the head gaskets need to be replaced - Greenwood Chevy (Youngstown, Ohio) dealer says $1800 to replace - The car is money pit and is only worth about $2300. I would never buy another GM product again! ( Nor will she) If I ever buy American again it will be a Ford; but we're leaning towards Honda!

Favorite Features

head room

Suggested Improvements

recall these poor models and APOLOGIZE!

My worst car Ever!!!!
By Worst vehicle ever

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This by far has been the worst car I have ever purchased. I constantly have overheating issues. Replaced expensive Head gasket.And now my engine needs to be replaced!! Every other month I've had some type of problem with this car and the repairs are not cheap.dont recommend this car to anyone, I am a mother of four kids, the best feature or this car was the seating capacity. Very unreliable car. I havn't owned this car for a full year and I've already spent way too much money for repairs.

Favorite Features

Seating capacity

Suggested Improvements

Everything as far as the engine head gasket, radiator needs to be improved, very bad quality!!

Must have bought the right one!
By Jon

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a processional 1 owner couple @93k Fully loaded with tow package which was never used until me. I haul my lawn mower and a ton of pellets in Maine hills and windy roads. Only repairs where new brake pads and rotors. and rear self adjusting shocks which cost me $600 installed at a gm dealer. Much nicer then my Jeep grand Cherokee and Chevy Blazer and way nicer then any explorer ever made! gas mileage isn't bad about 18-22 cd player 6 disc didn't work when I purchased it. Time for a new odyssey though hope it sells fast it should the condition is nice and it has all the whistles. i am going to miss the heads up and heated seats!

Favorite Features

Heads up display, comfort

Suggested Improvements

easier acess to the third row

THE GAS
By ladygaga4721

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ok i loved this car my sister has it not me but i know mutch about it ok so shes had it for 2 years and she hates it!!!!! ill tell you what needs to be improved below

Favorite Features

radio

Suggested Improvements

ok so like it is a gas guzzler!!!!!!!!! big time and the parts are very cheap my sisters window broke 3 times on all the windows so tape is holding up the back windows ok and it camer with missing parts and i just hate it!!!! my whole family dose