2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
2002 buick rendezvous
By ubah on 05/01/10 08:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a lot experience with cars but I got this Rendezvous like three years ago, it gave a hard time, first fuel sensor stopped working, then I change transmission six month, then I change struts, then the fuel pump changed now I am trying to trade it stop fixing, you know what with it now engine oil leaking need gasket, ac, condenser, compressor needed almost 2000 dollars and finally passenger side door does not open. I do not advise anybody to buy this car with right mind, the worst car ever made. The last thing it very hard to take out the battery it is underneath

Like repair bills?
By Darlene on 03/06/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car BUT have had SO many repair problems. Let's see, wheel bearings, brakes, air conditioning twice and "3" Yes I said three manifold gaskets! Now I just had to have a head gasket replaced and Oh, the gas gauge does not work and I cannot afford to have them pull the gas tank and fix it! Has anyone had any luck with help from Buick?

WHAT THE FREAK!!
By EVE on 11/15/09 04:07 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

OK. Single mom of 9 buys a nice "reliable" vehicle to accommodate kids to events, school, shopping, etc. Car had problems from the jump. Dealership replaced Heating/AC system faulty at purchase. Car had a few in between issues covered by warranty. OK, warranty over. Car had starting problems. I'm not recession skipped, but mechanics want to get paid to diagnost problems. They say no codes appear. Towed to dealership and they "think" it's fuel pump. Want MAJOR money, right? Drove vehicle out to ser station, "Go Figure"! They say not fuel pump, fuel filter rather. Started. Walmart changed air filter. Started and went home. Home, dead again. Is CRAZY a bad thing these days?

watch out
By aw on 08/16/09 06:46 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for 2 wks then it overheated, dealer thought it was a sensor wrong.2 wks later it did it again. If you go on forums this is a common problem for GM vehicles. there was even a class act against them from the Dexcool antifreeze. It eats away the intake mainifold gasket People looking to purchase these vehicles need to know about it. Min $800 to fix and hope that when your car overheated you didn't warp the head. Luckily The Sharpest Rides repaired it at there (part only)cost even though there was no more warranty.

AWD Disable Light
By Repaskyd on 07/28/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Enjoy this used Buick. Only problem came when the AWD Disable light came on. Internet suggestions were wheel harness connection problems, but it took 3 Dealers to find that GM Part#88896067, a fluid valve in the rear had a faulty temperature sensor, sending out a message that the rear drive was overheating. Had valve replace and it now works fine. Very comfortable to get in and out for an old man.

Unreliable
By mama of 3 on 06/19/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wish i had looked at the vehicles review before I purchased this thing! I have had this thing a lil over 2 years, and we have gone through ALL 4 wheel bearings!! We have problems with the anti-ock break system, and already had to replace Manifold!! VERY EXPENSIVE!!!! I am definately happy I have AAA, we have had this thing towed many times, and with 3 children that is NOT FUN!!! These people really better not wonder why they're goin outta buisness, cuz the repairs on this thing run my family 2 carpayments!!!! Its ridiculous! Please never ever buy this car!!!!! It looks nice, but its NOT!!!! By far the worse vehicle I've ever owned!!!!!

MOST UNRELIABLE CAR EVER
By Joe on 06/16/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In the past year I had the versatrak AWD rear differential kick the buck ($8000 repair) then 2 months ago the transmission blew ($3000) then the torque tube, a part of the drive shaft acted up ($1500). Before all this all the head gasket leaked ($1500) and the wheel bearings have all been replaced ($300 each). So basically this car has sucked out all our savings. GM has way over priced all its parts especially the rear differential - $6000 for part alone. I didnt think any car could be this bad but GM has proven otherwise. I will never buy any GM product ever again. They deserve the mess they've gotten themselves into, because of all the overpriced lemons they've sold.

All around good vehicle
By darren8c on 06/10/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rendezvous. We were looking for the interior of a minivan with the exterior of an SUV, so we love our Rendezvous. It has captain chairs for the second row allowing you to easily access the third row. The captains chairs are a must have if you have car seats. I am 6'0 and can actually fit in every seat in the Rendezvous. Also the AWD is really nice in the Wisconsin winter. You do have to keep up on the maintenance and repair them more than Honda's and Toyota's. If you want luxury, the interior design of a minivan, AWD, and the look of an SUV the Rendezvous CXL AWD is one of your only options, and it's a pretty decent one.

ORIGINAL MONEY PIT
By mommamia on 03/29/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used in nov 2005 without researching it. BIG MISTAKE! Thankfully, I bought the extended warranty. I have had everything replaced that everyone who owns this car has, A/c condenser, etc. I took the car for a routine oil change (not at dealer) and he pointed out a "lower intake valve" problem, to which the dealer said "no problem with it." I definitely got my money's worth with the warranty, but now that it's expired I'm having problems with my ABS system, computer, and rear suspension knuckle. Parts and labor? $1800! I owe 2 1/2 more years on this pile...and the Kelley is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! It's worth 1400-3600 trade in. Pitiful...do not buy this car.

Great Experience
By NCC on 03/26/09 14:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and have put 105K on it. 1 set of tires,1 set of brakes, 1 battery. That's it. It has never stranded me, never failed to start. Every accessory (it's Loaded) still works. Lowest cost of ownership I've ever had. I like it better than my wife's Lexus RX 330. 17-18 mpg city 26 hgwy.