2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Thrilled I Bought It!
By VeryPleased on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When I decided to go SUV I began w/large models being used to a minivan. Found plenty of room but even luxury models had big truck feel/ride I hated. Mid SUVs were blah! Just when I was ready to give up SUV idea I found the Rendezvous. Reviews were mixed but I was curious enough to check out. Glad I did! I LOVE MY "RUV"! Ride is awesome,smooth & quiet. Leather seats roomy, 2nd row Capt seats keep my 2 kids happy in their own space. When needed 3rd row offers comfortable xtra seating. 3rd row down--great cargo room. Tons of extras. Excellent value for my $$ glad I passed up Acura MXD! Handles beautifully.Was used to better MPGs but I hear 17mpg not bad for this veh type. Test drive & see!

LOVE MY RENDEZVOUS
By SALBERT on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ONLY OWNED A WEEK BUT I LOVE THIS CAR. FUN TO DRIVE, INTERIOR ROOM AND LUXURY FEATURES CAN'T BE BEAT. KIDS LOVE THE ROOM IN THE SECOND AND THIRD SEATS. SURE MOST SUV'S SPORT A LITTLE MORE POWER BUT THIS VEHICLE HAS PLENTY WHEN YOU NEED IT. QUALITY, RELIABILITY ASK ME IN 4-5 YEARS BUT AFTER SPENDING AT LEAST 8 GRAND LESS THAN A COMPARABLE LEXUS RX300 (W/O 3RD SEAT) I'LL TAKE MY CHANCES.

1 Month Review
By ppalonsky on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After 1 month, this car is proving to be a very impressive vehicle. The RDV does most everything well, but I can't say it is the best in class on any given aspect. The interior looks great, but the materials used have a somewhat cheap feel to them. The car does not have as much room as a minivan, but looks great. The versatrak AWD works well, but it can't go offroad like an SUV. The ride is very carlike but not up to the level of a luxary car. It manages to bring together most of the positive aspects of a luxary sedan, SUV and Minivan in one package. I guess it may be the best in class afterall in the crossover vehicle catagory.

Disappointed
By Robbie on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a new vehicle which I test drove on smooth city streets. When I drove it home via hill country, it turned into a struggling,noisy wimp. The all wheel drive feature makes the noise factor unacceptable. I can't believe they make a trailer package for this s.u.v. What could it possibly pull?

Does it all
By Stergeye on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've got two small kids,a wife, and a dog. So far, Rondezvous handles it all with ease. On trips to the mountains, the AWD worked great. Step-in height is good, and the Rondezvous' spaces are easy to access. Ride quality is very good. No complaints thus far. We are pleased beyond our expectations.

Rendezvous scores!
By Josef on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Rdv is pretty cheap for its class.It can beat a mercedez.The name mercedez is only famous not the cars.I think rdv is top of its class.

Never thought I'd drive a Buick!
By mpeleaux on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Suffice it to say that I research every car decision I make. I was looking at little SUVs like the RAV4 and CRV, but wanted a 3rd seat. We didn't want to go the mini-van route, and most SUVs seem too big and truck-like. What to do? I saw a CNN-online article mid-April that mentioned the Rendezvous and I decided to check it out. I was completely won over by the perfect size, abundance of comfort features, nice styling, cargo/passenger flexibility and overall value. It (in my opinion) manages to be refined, cool, fun and useful all at the same time. I've always hated automatics, but got used to this in a hurry and think it has plenty of power.

better than expected
By jonah carlebach on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the car is fun to drive , has short turn circle generates lots of stares.so far everything works great

My new Rendezvous
By Sandy Steinle on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The dealership at Ancira was the best experiance I have had with a car dealership. I was looking for a new SUV to replace my 1998 Blazer, and had never noticed a Rendezvous before the day I took a test drive on 4-15-02. I was so impressed with the vehicle I almost bought on the spot. My husband convinced me to try out some other vehicles, so we shopped and drove several models before returning to Ancira to buy on 4-19-02. We have driven several short trips and plan a trip to Dallas later. We still love our new Rendezvous!

Go, Rendezvous
By Jo-Ann on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive, easy to handle, plenty of storage, and a great sound system