Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Worried about Relliability
By Family man

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Rendezvous instead of a minivan because of the looks and minivan functionability. In many respects this is an acceptable vehicle. It it definitely underpowered and this shows up in fuel economy in hilly terrain. In a car that is less than three years old, we have had electrical problems that have left us stranded. Since my wife carts our two children in it most of the time, this lapse in reliability is a serious issue for us. The first time the dealer said is was a dead battery. Then, 2,000 miles out of warranty it was the computer ($500 out of pocket). Now, they think it is the ignition switch (around $200). It seems like a systemic problem that GM is not acknowledging.

Heads-up display, trip computer, AWD - I was one of the few to get out in a snowed-in car lot at the airport, folding 3rd row seat, leather heated seats, functional roof rack, towing capacity.

Increase horsepower and reliability. Increase fuel economy. Stretch length to accomodate suitcases behiind thrid row seat. We will be trading this one in as soon as possible for a Honda or Toyota. This is our last GM product.

2002 Buick CXL AWD
By Ralph A. Lia

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a great everyday commuter. It The ergonomics are just right. My biggest dissapointment with the vehicle is that the power is marginal. The 185 Horsepower engine is just adequate. It rolls along smoothly and leisurly. The vehicle will let you know when it has to work hard to pull up a hill. The heads up display should not be an option. The gauges tend to get hard to see during the day. I have not had any problems with fit and finish of the material. I would like to see better materials for a vehicle in this price class.

The overal build quality is solid.I have just performed all of the maintenance as required. The A/C did go out last summer but was replaced under warranty. The seats are comfortable and well positioned.

GM, C'mon guys you started with the intention to build a great/ crossover SUV, However, I think you missed the boat with your choice of engine for this vehicle, hopefully owners with a 2003 or newer with the 3.5 liter engine are a little better off.

Can't wait to trade it in
By Wendy

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Aztek for a Rendezvous because I needed more room. I have had the car into the dealership on the average once per month for problems. A/C went at 30,000K and I never use it. Wind noise on driver's side is annoying on long drives, brakes are less than desireable, electrical problems and fuses blowing for no reason are annoying. The vehicle has never left me stranded however the other problems have been annoying and inconvenient. The cheap interior is starting to detriorate. Tires cause wobble on turns and needed to be replaced. Heater motor blew up at 10K. All was under warranty but that does not excuse the inconvenience. Truck has 69K on it and thankfully I have extended coverage.

Roomy interior

Pay more attention to the electrical and the interior of the car. The cheap hard plastic doors are easy to clean but ugly to look at.

Very Sorry I Bought this Vehicle
By nbv362

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many problems with my '02 Rendezvous. Had to replace wheel bearings on both front wheels the first year. Luckily no one was injured while the dealer tried to figure out what the rumbling noise was each time. The heater/AC blower had to be replaced. Now I need all the gaskets replaced before the engine seizes. I will never buy a first year production auto again. The dealer says I should have bought the extended warranty, but the warranty on the Rendezvous is just not long enough.

Front seat comfort. 3rd row seat.

Rendezvous
By tfsports

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with this vehicle overall, until it snowed. Previously we owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD. Rendezvous' interior is roomier, has more cargo space, more luxuries, and more comfortable seating.

Room for adults in the back seat - comfortably. Decent gas mileage.

AWD is useless! As a previous 4WD owner, I am very disappointed. I cannot get up my own driveway in 2 inches of snow...