Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

I love my Rendezvous!
By Rendezvous

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my favorite auto I've ever owned including the Lexus. My Rendezvous is the most comfortable, well designed, and reliable car I've had. I also love the design. I now have about 150,000 miles on it, and am thinking about trading it in for a new one but I love this one so much I'm hesitant. I won't buy anything else. I've never owned a bad Buick, but this Rendezvous is really over the top in excellence. You have already achieved perfection with the engine and design, now just add a little bling. I would be happy to test one out for you!

I love the steering wheel buttons to change the radio station or CD selection. I love the room it has on the inside. I love how easy the 3 row of seats is to raise and lower (I can do it myself). I love how it handles on mountain curves. I love how powerful the engine is. I love my Rendezvous!

Flashier interior fabric options, maybe 2 toned leather. A little wood would be nice. That's all I can think of .

Mostly excellent
By rotharch

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Owned my Rendezvous for 4+ years, has been the best vehicle I have ever owned, but it's not quite perfect. Relatively quiet, very comfortable seating, much better than average creature comforts. Very easy entry/exit (important for us seniors!). Versatile storage/seating options. Lots of cubbies and storage spaces. Excellent gas mleage - 19/24. Maybe a bit less than perfect mechanically. New A/C compressor, engine water leaks, transmission, fuel system, a few other more minor problems. Also, a few body integrity problems with wind noise, door fit. Very poor resale value. It has depreciated much more than similar vehicles from other manufacturers.

Driving position and visibility. Comfort. Interior layout and flexibility. Smooth and quiet ride. The road noise improved substantially after changing tires.

Better reliability, fewer mechanical problems. Wind noise. Funky appearance, although better than its sister, Pontiac Aztek.

Perfect proof
By Curmudeon

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Why you should not buy a car in its first model year. Design of the vehicle, especially the interior, is both innovative and functional. Comfort is good, and long trips are not tiring. But, the car has been a succession of one repair after another - most a function of mediocre engineering. Most annoying is what the dealership tells me is an inherent flaw in the intake gasket which requires too frequent replacing. Will I continue to drive this vehicle? Yes. Would I buy it again? No.

Interior design, particularly storage. Comfortable seats.

Improve attention to engineering detail!

I'm Happy With Mine
By RDW

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem I have had with my vehicle was the battery. The former owner took meticulous care of the car and had only one problem, a wheel bearing. Car has 62,000 plus miles.

Size of the vehicle, design, seat comfort.

The '07 model will be the last year. GM has a great looking replacement for the Rendezvous

Not a good option
By Denise

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Let's just say this vehicle has been in the shop more than it has been out. Right now it has a major mechanical problem and it has less than 100,000 miles. The Chevrolet dealership is baffled as to what the problem is. This problem affects the headlights and brakelights, so this is a major safety concern to me. They basically just turn off along with everything else in the dash while your driving.

The 3rd row seat.

Live up to the Buick name, I bought this because it is supposed to be the better GM line. Well, I guess I was wrong.