2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Rendezvous Well
By KingKirkPA on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Rendezvous is a well designed SUV. It is comfortable to drive both on open road and in town. Forward Visibility is excellent although the backward view is somewhat restricted. It drives with a feeling of power and grace. Possibly slightly underpowered however.

Family loves the Rendezvous
By laxcoach on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle that I have owned. Every person that has been a passenger or driven the SUV has expressed the comfort of the vehicle. It has been driven in deep snow and heavy rain and it handles like a dream. Power is less than I would like, esp., going up hills and mountains in Western Maryland. With careful and conservative driving, it can get 24 mpg going to and from work and better on long trips. Any future vehicle will definitely have AWD. It is simply the only way to go - drive!!

We love this car
By Seashell Lady on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have 26,000 miles on this car and are very happy with it.

Love the Ride-Not the Problems
By magnets4u on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love to drive this SUV, but have had many mechanical problems. Speed sensors, front brakes and rotors, rear brakes and rotors, broken wiper motor. For 25,000 miles, this seems a bit excessive in the wear department.

My Leftover Find
By Peter05478 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I found this car in the back lot of my deaership. It was a leftover 2002 and I bought it in December 2003. I was given a good deal on it.

Rendezvous CX AWD
By skwirl on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Generally happy with the car. No major problems. Lights pulsated until dealer replaced alternator. Ride can be choppy. Poor fuel economy. Our Chevy Venture with same engine got better mileage! Engine has alot of valve noise (not expected in a Buick). Rear hatch pull strap broke/replaced under warranty. Hatch can be hard to pull down. Power hatch would be nice!. Love the AWD in snow. Seats have poor side bolsters and poor lumbar support. Seat belts difficult to engage when wearing winter coat. Can't justify $299 annual cost of Onstar. ABS work wonderfully. Rear visibility is poor, especially when backing up.

Engine needs to be better
By Johnnie008 on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After 2 years and 24,000 miles the head gasket started leaking. I notice coolant on the floor of garage. I do remember seeing a slight oil leak (oil on the floor) too, but when I inspected the engine compartment and the undercarriage I could not determine what the source was. The dealer who repaired it sent the head cylinder out for testing and it was out spec but not by much. They machined out the defects in the cylinder. The repair was done as a warranty repairs.

Our 2002 CXL
By regalluvr2 on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After years of driving Buick Regals we decided to try a 2002 RDV.Being used to the power of the 3800 and SC3800 engines we are disapointed with the under powered 185 hp 3400 V-6.The 3800 Buick should have been used. Its nice looking from the front but from the rear it isnt so great. The worst problem is that in the past month we have had lots of electrical problems and will soon be on our 3rd BCM.Its soon to be out of warranty and if we keep it we will be purchasing a GM extended warranty as we dont trust its reliability.

BUICK QUALITY
By Magic Tom on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for a great price....was attracted to the Rendezvous because of how cars are equipped (standard); the Buick name for quality (even though I've owned few GM cars); and not the least because of the value received for the price paid compared to other SUV's of the same type; and finally because my wife loves driving it.

2002 Rendevous CXL AWD
By mdirector on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

great car with 3 problems: execessive wind noise on driver side 15.9 mpg noisey creaky front seat