2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Decent SUV
By klkrlk on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been satified with this vehicle for the last 3 years; no real major problems. Only the A/C compressor went out at about 30K (under warranty). My only real complaint is the materials used in the vehicle just "feel" cheap; not up to other luxury SUV standards. However, this vechicle is loaded with options and has great passenger/storage room. I have noticed a lot of rattles and squeeks (sun roof, seats, doors, etc). Just one final note: Depreciation is HORRIFIC; so if you get one, you need to keep it a LONG time. I just purchased a RX 330 and can't give this car away!

Expensive Repairs
By Sherry Powell on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My job requires me to be on the road over 70% of the time. Very comfortable ride and the gas milage is ok at 18mpg. However, any repair has been expensive. I purchased an extended warrenty that expired 1K mi ago. And then the igintion switch went out.. a part that is combined with the steering wheel and steering column.. To the tune of $1,600 to repair. Parts take up to two or three weeks which adds to the costs since I had to rent a car to continue working. Also, tires do not last past 40k and I've experienced several repairs covered under warrenty. Can't wait to unload this over priced SUV

Surprising Luxury
By Kaarli on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Buick Rendezvous is the perfect vehicle for a family looking for a stylish, quality vehicle with a great ride and storage. The exterior resembles an SUV, but the interior offers all the functionality of a luxury sedan. I love all the compartments - to store my belongings and my passengers. I have the optional 3rd row seat, which is great for hauling around my kids friends from soccer! The Rendezvous is functional for every day use, but also great for longer trips - it's very comfortable. A family vehicle you're not afraid to show up in - whether it's your high school reunion or the new hot restaurant in town. Highly recommend it!

WarrantyExpires... so does this car
By DisgruntledBuickRez on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Was a great car until the warranty expired.... Summary of our ownership experience between 36000 and 47359 miles: * Left Front Wheel Bearing $400 * Right Front Wheel Bearing $400 * Condenser for Air Conditioning $820 (hard to believe but true) * Fuel Pump (died on the road) $400 (estimated; they're working on it now... And I still have 3 1/2 years of payments left. This feels ugly. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WITHOUT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. I have only read a few of these reviews and there are others with many of the same problems. Buick acknowledges the AC Condenser and wheel bearings are "known problems" meaning lots of failures, but won't hel

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED
By FRANK WERTH on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In the three years I have owned this suv it never had to go back to the dealer for any repairs, or problems. What else is there to say. First car I can say this about of the six new ones purchased over the years.

Won't go the distance
By buick on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nice comfortable vehicle BUT DON"T be fooled. At 45000 out of warranty (Glad I got extended) had to replace radiator. Next got sever wind noise dealer said was design flaw after 4 service they finally replaced door hinges. At 48K left front wheel bearing at 54K right bearing and 56K stranded my wife. Thanx for Onstar. Dealers answer to compaints about cost ( Have 200 ded) was I should have know to take 0. By the way dealer has done all Maintenance. Front Brakes are $400 as pad are $120 and rotors can only be had at dealer. It is also underpowered and the interior is fallinf apart. Also value drops like a rock. DO NOT BUY this vehicle.

average American car with surprises
By cirius_phun on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

There's nothing spectacular about this car. The "sell" was that it drives like a car even though it's an SUV. OK, for the most part that's true. Passengers in the back have a different story (see suggested improvements). It doesn't have a lot of spunk - you don't feel it accelerating, but you do find yourself at highway speed more quickly than you think. It certainly does not have a sporty feel. All that said, we pulled a 3,500 pound pop-up trailer 8,800 miles around the US last summer, including climbing Tioga pass (14,000 ft, I think). This car never overheated once. I was surprised that it's such a little workhorse.

Nice SUV
By Bradd on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought I would own an SUV, there wasn't one that I wanted or liked. I did want something to haul the occasional item. The Rendezvous is the perfect vehicle for me. It's like sitting in and driving a car, but with the versatility of a van and AWD of an SUV.

Good Execution but Not Great
By JackiesMyHero on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm satisfied with the CXL. It performs as well or better than expected whether driving in the snow to Tahoe from the East Bay, or down to Los Angeles.

Could Be Great
By Business Mom on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought RDV instead of mini-van and regretted it almost right away. RDV has great luxury items--air compressor, sound system, leather seats, terrific consoles--but actual hauling space is limited. Third row seat only usuable for small children or if middle seats are removed. The blind spots are AWFUL!! The huge side mirrors, dark glass and back window frames make seeing on the sides a hassle. The gas mileage is poor for city driving and the electrical system is haunted by poltergeist. I'm trading this car in for a minivan and I don't think I'll miss it.